EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

Besides the NFL screwing us in regards to the schedule, giving teams like 10 days off in back to back weeks prior to playing us.....could the weather just f'ing cooperate?  Patriots, Jets, KC were all played in the rain and I can swear there were more.....

I love the narrative of analysts on TV/Intranet....Eagles might be worst 9-1 team ever, they aren't beating teams by 80!  Yet, with all of the injuries in the secondary, new coordinators, losing Hargrave, LB's, CJGJ, playing one of the hardest schedules and yes, even the f'ing weather conspiring against them.....they are 9-1.  To which, I say, SUCK IT!!

It does concern me a little that we can't blow anyone out.  Bottom line is we win the game but still if SF and Dallas can blow out bad teams then we should as well.

My hope still is that something with this team clicks right before the playoffs and their level of play goes up.  The way they currently win games I feel will bite them in the a s s come playoff time. 

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

It does concern me a little that we can't blow anyone out.  Bottom line is we win the game but still if SF and Dallas can blow out bad teams then we should as well.

My hope still is that something with this team clicks right before the playoffs and their level of play goes up.  The way they currently win games I feel will bite them in the a s s come playoff time. 

The reason we've been playing close games and haven't been blowing teams out is turnovers. We've given up too many and haven't got enough. If you slightly change that many of these games wouldn't be close. That's a combo of skill and luck. We'll see if it changes.

16 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

The reason we've been playing close games and haven't been blowing teams out is turnovers. We've given up too many and haven't got enough. If you slightly change that many of these games wouldn't be close. That's a combo of skill and luck. We'll see if it changes.

We also seem to be healthier now (with the exception of Goedert) than we were when we were playing weaker competition. Bradberry, Davis and Carter all looked really good against the Chiefs. 

11 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Watching the Manningcast of Eagles-Chiefs  on the fourth and 25, Peyton said…

"That was not a good defense at all by the Eagles. That was horrible.”

It was only a three man route to the sticks. The Chiefs had a receiver in both flats. Sydney Brown was really slow to react to the route. It’s hard to believe 7 covering 3 would leave a curl route at the sticks that open. 

I say this with no sarcasm, but I think Sydney Brown is our 2nd best LB behind Cunningham. 

47 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Bunch of guys to watch here:
JT

Burke

Egbuka

Stover

Sainristal

RBs

Keegan or Zinter if want another G

1 hour ago, pgcd3 said:

I’d say some health issues early in the season but really it was the turnovers. Can’t have 4 turnovers in a game and expect to blow teams out or frankly even win. This goes to the niners too. In their 3 game slide they had 7 turnovers. So about 2.3 turnovers per game. They had some injuries during that stretch but really the thing that cost the niners (particularly Minnesota and bengals games) was they were a turnover machine on offense. But because they have a lot of talent they were really in 2 of the 3 late in the game. 

Watching Michigan and OSU when you're a PSU fan is like watching being used to driving a Ferrari and then having to drive your friends Toyota Camry. These teams are ok, but they don't compare to the Franklins. He's just on a whole other level of greatness.

@mattwill

Eagles 24

bills 17

Bonus: Eagles defense has 3+ takeaways.

Allen has all the talent in the world, he’s just way too inconsistent and can easily flip a game upside down for himself. Eagles need to lock down Diggs and run the damn ball.

22 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Keegan or Zinter if want another G

Yup - been more focused on RTs and depth C/G for the post-Lane/Kelce era, but there’s probably 15-20 guys who are in the draft mix.

1 hour ago, Original Sin said:

Mich game should be a good one , I hope

Good to see you back.  Were you on vacation?

Just now, mattwill said:

Good to see you back.  Were you on vacation?

Yes , I  have been traveling a lot the last few months . 

3 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Yes , I  have been traveling a lot the last few months . 

Hope you had a great time.

Archived