EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:
TIFWIW but have a friend who played with Dallas at South Dakota state (still close) told me small chance he plays vs. niners next week. I still highly doubt it as i think he returns vs. Dallas . 

Should absolutely give him as much time as he needs.

19 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

TIFWIW but have a friend who played with Dallas at South Dakota state (still close) told me small chance he plays vs. niners next week. I still highly doubt it as i think he returns vs. Dallas . 

Maddox lives in the training room

1 hour ago, RLC said:

The Eagles' defense can't stop Josh Allen without an elite DL performance. Bills should get to 24.

Can our offense to get 30? I say we're aggressive throwing the ball and I say yes.

Eagles 31, Bills 27.

👍👍👍

24 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lincoln F'in Group?

56 minutes ago, Eagz said:

A good win against OKC to maintain a strong record. Still one or two players short of deep playoff status, even when Oubre returns.

Did they win the KeepMeInterested Tournament already?

Saturday evening Predictions Update

60 predictions recorded thus far.  53 for an Eagles win and 7 for a Bills win.  The Average Predicted Score is an Eagles win by the score of 30-20.

As always, please tag your prediction post with @mattwill that way I will be sure to see/record it.  Score predictions can also have an optional "Bonus Pick" tiebreaker prediction.  So far over the course of the season 114 different EMB posters have made at least one prediction. 

A list of the predictions is presented below, sorted alphabetically by the name of the predictor.  If you don't see your name there, then I haven't yet recorded a prediction for you.
1922186734_Screenshot2023-11-25at6_05_36PM.png.2ebbdbf2cabd39df54bda4bdb899c07d.png
105382907_Screenshot2023-11-25at6_05_56PM.png.1a9243a7ba51ffaf56916407ff5eba84.png
2083250818_Screenshot2023-11-25at6_06_15PM.png.749e0a9533a8a18cadfd1f3b45ba6365.png

25 minutes ago, RLC said:

Should absolutely give him as much time as he needs.

That’s how i view it. Was just told he was doing more this week then they initially anticipated when he got the surgery (why when the injury happened i said there’s a chance he doesn’t go on IR with when he injury occurred. Same friend passed that along to me) 

Eagles find ways to win. Bills find ways to lose. But I have a weird feeling about this game. I’ve said it before, there’s a lot of weird things going on this week that make this a trap-esque game.

Eagles 24

Bills 27

Bonus: Josh Allen has 0 turnovers attributed to him. 

@mattwill

2 hours ago, mattwill said:

Saturday evening Predictions Update

60 predictions recorded thus far.  53 for an Eagles win and 7 for a Bills win.  The Average Predicted Score is an Eagles win by the score of 30-20.

As always, please tag your prediction post with @mattwill that way I will be sure to see/record it.  Score predictions can also have an optional "Bonus Pick" tiebreaker prediction.  So far over the course of the season 114 different EMB posters have made at least one prediction. 

A list of the predictions is presented below, sorted alphabetically by the name of the predictor.  If you don't see your name there, then I haven't yet recorded a prediction for you.
1922186734_Screenshot2023-11-25at6_05_36PM.png.2ebbdbf2cabd39df54bda4bdb899c07d.png
105382907_Screenshot2023-11-25at6_05_56PM.png.1a9243a7ba51ffaf56916407ff5eba84.png
2083250818_Screenshot2023-11-25at6_06_15PM.png.749e0a9533a8a18cadfd1f3b45ba6365.png

43-22 Eagles

Has the defense scored a touchdown at all this year? I know they've hardly created turnovers to begin with but I can't recall if any of them have been returned for TDs or not.

NFL now potentially moving the Eagles Seahawks game to MNF is BS.  Already bought plane tickets and game tickets.  They haven't flexed a game all year, no reason to flex that one for a 3rd Eagles MNF game this season.

11 minutes ago, devpool said:

Has the defense scored a touchdown at all this year? I know they've hardly created turnovers to begin with but I can't recall if any of them have been returned for TDs or not.

Slay vs the Patriots.

Sunday Morning Predictions Update

63 predictions recorded thus far.  55 for an Eagles win and 8 for a Bills win.  The Average Predicted Score is an Eagles win by the score of 30-22.

662988597_Screenshot2023-11-26at1_16_12AM.png.020b2eb47d874328acfc72d160730b15.png
1680208096_Screenshot2023-11-26at1_16_36AM.png.4445fdc6ffea9ce1b277f38dd417e188.png
1167818489_Screenshot2023-11-26at1_16_53AM.png.bc0f7cfef4fef727c6fe8f39897ce428.png

OK @mattwill, I've been saying they're due for some time now and damnit they are due. It's Kelly Green week, Josh Allen is erratic as hell and the Bills defense doesn't scare me.

Eagles- 35

Bills- 13

Defense- 3 INT

Quez- 70+ yard TD

For Sirianni to earn the name Dick Sirianni like those on twitter are calling him, I fully expect this during the post-game coaches handshake.

@mattwill

31-17 Birds

Reed with a pick, JC with a sack... good all-around game for the home team as the D settles in and the O is focused after last week's lackluster effort (no traps in a gauntlet?).

The goal is to just win every game right in front of you...but something for us to think about as fans...

IMO, the 2 best non-Eagle teams in the conference, by far, are SF and Dallas.  If the Eagles are the #1 seed, they will almost certainly have to beat Dallas and then SF in their 2 NFC playoff games in order to get to the SB.  If they are the #2 seed, they will only have to beat one of them.

Bills vs. Eagles - Game Recap - August 17, 2017 - ESPN | Eagles game, Espn,  Eagles

THE GUANTLET GAMES CONTINUE.  The Birds are coming off Winning that Super Bowl Chiefs Rematch which was the Biggest Game of the Year.   Now it's Week 12 and this is only the 5th Eagles Home Game.  The Birds have already played 6 Road Games this NFL Season.   They are 5-1 on the Road.  Next up is those Bills coming to town.  The Eagles Bills Series goes back Decades.   Eagles Lead 8-6 in the All Time Series.    The Birds have also won 4 of their last 5 against the Bills who also haven't won in Philadelphia since 1996. The Bills last win against the Eagles came in Buffalo in 2011.  All that bodes well for the Birds but let's not sleep on Buffalo.   Since our very own Eagles Family Sean McDermott has taken over, they've won the Division 3 times and been to the playoffs 5 Times.  Including winning 4 Playoff games for the first time in over two Decades. He really has turned that program around.  They recently had to fire their OC so he's gotten some heat but even with this year, I don't think he's done that bad of a job.  

Josh Allen though at times came be a rollercoaster.  He is still one of the best QB's in the league.   They have several weapons that can do damage.   The Bills Defense also is nothing to sneeze at.   Yes they are 6-5, but could very well be 8-3 outside of a few late losses.   With that said, this Bills Team has been inconsistent.  Josh has laterally turned the ball over damn near every single game.   Also they are a different team on the Road.  The Bills are 1-4 away from Buffalo This Season.   I just don't see that changing today.   The Birds are Undefeated at home (4-0) and are averaging over 33 PPG.  They are also 4-0 Against teams with a Winning Record (13 Straight with Jalen under center). The Bills are putting up about 23 on the Road.   That's kind of where I'm at with this but they score less. .Josh is a Big Man and he can run the ball, Defense will have to be discipline but he can be baited into mistakes.  But I just don't see them stopping us on Offense.   I expect AJ to have a bounce back game too.  I also think this Defense will keep this lock down 2nd half thing going.   Buffalo is a good team and they will probably still make the playoffs.  But on Kelly Green Night 2, the Bills will leave with this L.   Birds become first NFL Team to Double Digit Wins and advance to 10-1.   

BIRDS - 34

BILLS - 16

JALEN - RUSH TD

AJ - TD

JULIO - TD

SWIFT - RUSH TD

JAKE FG X2

DEFENSE  - MULTIPLE INTS, SACKS and a FUMBLE

35 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

The goal is to just win every game right in front of you...but something for us to think about as fans...

IMO, the 2 best non-Eagle teams in the conference, by far, are SF and Dallas.  If the Eagles are the #1 seed, they will almost certainly have to beat Dallas and then SF in their 2 NFC playoff games in order to get to the SB.  If they are the #2 seed, they will only have to beat one of them.

Honestly, this is why I'm not too worried about every game. Win enough to be the #2 seed (that pretty much requires a 4-3 record the rest of the way), and we're fine. Still prefer the #1 seed for health reasons and there's always the possibility of someone upsetting the Lions in RD1.

18 minutes ago, RLC said:

Honestly, this is why I'm not too worried about every game. Win enough to be the #2 seed (that pretty much requires a 4-3 record the rest of the way), and we're fine. Still prefer the #1 seed for health reasons and there's always the possibility of someone upsetting the Lions in RD1.

I could see a scenario where as the 9'ers come in and beat us puffing out their chests saying see...told ya.  We get the 2nd seed, go to SF for the NFCCG and curb stomp them.

Archived