EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

Or....lose to the 9'ers, still get the #1 seed and they have to come back for the NFCCG, and we curb stomp 'em worse!

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

I could see a scenario where as the 9'ers come in and beat us puffing out their chests saying see...told ya.  We get the 2nd seed, go to SF for the NFCCG and curb stomp them.

It sucks from a rest perspective, but we probably end up with some cupcake games at home in the wild card and divisional playoffs in that scenario.  Of course...not to be negative, but the Eagles have been playing with fire all year when they face mediocre teams.  The last thing anyone wants is a wild card weekend nail-biter against a crap team.

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

It sucks from a rest perspective, but we probably end up with some cupcake games at home in the wild card and divisional playoffs in that scenario.  Of course...not to be negative, but the Eagles have been playing with fire all year when they face mediocre teams.  The last thing anyone wants is a wild card weekend nail-biter against a crap team.

In this scenario, we're likely resting our players against the Giants in week 18.

If we can go 2-1 in these next 3 I’ll be more than happy 

13 hours ago, mattwill said:

Saturday evening Predictions Update

60 predictions recorded thus far.  53 for an Eagles win and 7 for a Bills win.  The Average Predicted Score is an Eagles win by the score of 30-20.

As always, please tag your prediction post with @mattwill that way I will be sure to see/record it.  Score predictions can also have an optional "Bonus Pick" tiebreaker prediction.  So far over the course of the season 114 different EMB posters have made at least one prediction. 

A list of the predictions is presented below, sorted alphabetically by the name of the predictor.  If you don't see your name there, then I haven't yet recorded a prediction for you.
1922186734_Screenshot2023-11-25at6_05_36PM.png.2ebbdbf2cabd39df54bda4bdb899c07d.png
105382907_Screenshot2023-11-25at6_05_56PM.png.1a9243a7ba51ffaf56916407ff5eba84.png
2083250818_Screenshot2023-11-25at6_06_15PM.png.749e0a9533a8a18cadfd1f3b45ba6365.png

31-17 eagles

Have had a bad feeling about this game all week. Because of the spot and Allen seems like the type of QB who would gash this secondary. Diggs has killed this team in the past. Not necessarily saying it's a loss, it's hard to pick against the Eagles, but I would not be shocked at all with a loss. This game will be tougher than the Niners game.

5 hours until Kickoff.  Here's a list pf past Score Prediction posters who haven't as yet given their take on the score this week.  Choice, not Chance at a Butterball dance!

@Arsenal79
@bbabraham
@Birdman
@Boogyman
@Connecticut Eagle
@DaEagles4Life
@DawkinsOwnage03
@DEagle7
@DevilMayRage
@Dwight Schrute
@E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles
@eagle45
@eaglestime34
@eglz1
@garingovt2000
@greend
@greendestiny27
@Iggles25
@jojodancer
@justwinbaby
@jwill2420
@Kauai
@Mike31mt
@myerstheman
@NothingClever
@ontheroad2victory
@Parrot Head
@Saltpeter
@SkippyX
@TEW
@The Holy Vagabond
@Uscg-green

And two past posters who have gone on IR.  If anyone wants to be added to the IR list, just let me know.

@NCTANK
@twistr

So do rainy conditions favor the Bills (as the inferior team) or the Eagles (as the team that is better running/defending the run)?

6 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

So do rainy conditions favor the Bills (as the inferior team) or the Eagles (as the team that is better running/defending the run)?

I think rain is in our favor. Our WRs looked excellent catching in the rain recently too.

5 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Some assumptions:

1) it makes passing more difficult

2) it introduces additional randomness

3) it decreases the number of plays in the game because more running plays are called

2&3 clearly favor the Bills as the inferior team, 1 probably favors the eagles.

Overall it helps the Bills IMO

2 hours ago, NYEagle said:

I could see a scenario where as the 9'ers come in and beat us puffing out their chests saying see...told ya.  We get the 2nd seed, go to SF for the NFCCG and curb stomp them.

That scenario has been in my line of sight for some time as well.

26 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Reddick a Big Back now?

I think you're on to something here. Let's think of the possibilities. Reddick was 6014 237 at the combine and ran about a 4.50. Imagine him in the backfield with someone like Mailata. Our running game would be unstoppable.

Do it, Nick!!

41 minutes ago, mattwill said:

5 hours until Kickoff.  Here's a list pf past Score Prediction posters who haven't as yet given their take on the score this week.  Choice, not Chance at a Butterball dance!

@Arsenal79
@bbabraham
@Birdman
@Boogyman
@Connecticut Eagle
@DaEagles4Life
@DawkinsOwnage03
@DEagle7
@DevilMayRage
@Dwight Schrute
@E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles
@eagle45
@eaglestime34
@eglz1
@garingovt2000
@greend
@greendestiny27
@Iggles25
@jojodancer
@justwinbaby
@jwill2420
@Kauai
@Mike31mt
@myerstheman
@NothingClever
@ontheroad2victory
@Parrot Head
@Saltpeter
@SkippyX
@TEW
@The Holy Vagabond
@Uscg-green

And two past posters who have gone on IR.  If anyone wants to be added to the IR list, just let me know.

@NCTANK
@twistr

Eagles 26 Bills 20

Allen loses 2 fumbles

@mattwill

26 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Feels like the Eagles have been playing in the rain all year, so that should help us a bit.

25 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Hardly a surprise. The first thing mgmt is review the setup and once that's done, usually fire the HC and FO to get their own people in. Riviera has hardly done much to make them change their minds

54 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Have had a bad feeling about this game all week. Because of the spot and Allen seems like the type of QB who would gash this secondary. Diggs has killed this team in the past. Not necessarily saying it's a loss, it's hard to pick against the Eagles, but I would not be shocked at all with a loss. This game will be tougher than the Niners game.

Disagree…I see the 49ers as far more dangerous.  Purdy may not be an all-star, but he’s very efficient and does what his coach wants…which will be to get rid of the ball quickly.  Allen is the type of QB that will be more willing to hold it to make the big play.  I see our dline have a decent sack game today

3 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Hardly a surprise. The first thing mgmt is review the setup and once that's done, usually fire the HC and FO to get their own people in. Riviera has hardly done much to make them change their minds

Yep. I’m not surprised because I think a lot of the trades that they made at the deadline were settint themselves up with as much cap flexibility they could. Also have enough assets that if the next coach and GM comes in there and doesn’t like Sam Howell, they have the ammo to try to go get the quarterback they want.

Archived