EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

I’m oddly very confident about this game. The Bills are a pretty good team but I think the Eagles just matchup really well. Cox and Carter should be in the backfield a lot and there should be some big runs from Swift and maybe even Gainwell. 

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Why won’t they just fire Rivera now and make Bieniemy the interim HC? You already know you’re moving on from Ron, so at least get an extended look at how Bieniemy would handle the team and responsibilities. If he doesn’t look good, you have a leg up on the HC search and can eliminate a potential candidate. 

question for the sound people.

I picked up a cheap atmos soundbar on black friday. Wal Mart had a Hisense 5.1.2 system for $130. Ive always been tempted by the vizio systems that Ive only seen as low as about 300-350. So to see one for 130 I couldnt pass it up.

Anyway, Atmos works on netflix. 

It works on some YoutubeTV channels, or at least 5.1 works. But last night I noticed the college football games were only coming out of the front speakers. Then commercials would be 5.1

Today, pregame show on FOX is again only front speakers. Commercials have better sound.

Is this youtube TV only giving mono sound unless you pay for the 4k package or something?

3 minutes ago, McMVP said:

Disagree…I see the 49ers as far more dangerous.  Purdy may not be an all-star, but he’s very efficient and does what his coach wants…which will be to get rid of the ball quickly.  Allen is the type of QB that will be more willing to hold it to make the big play.  I see our dline have a decent sack game today

The Niners are a better team and more dangerous, but I think this game will play out as the tougher game. The Eagles are going to crush the Niners. They've had that game circled for months, they're going to be walking into a hornet's nest.

16 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Depends on the juniors at LB.  Some pretty good juniors for the mid rounds. 

I like Junior Colson a lot.

3 hours ago, KINGnabb said:

Bills vs. Eagles - Game Recap - August 17, 2017 - ESPN | Eagles game, Espn,  Eagles

THE GUANTLET GAMES CONTINUE.  The Birds are coming off Winning that Super Bowl Chiefs Rematch which was the Biggest Game of the Year.   Now it's Week 12 and this is only the 5th Eagles Home Game.  The Birds have already played 6 Road Games this NFL Season.   They are 5-1 on the Road.  Next up is those Bills coming to town.  The Eagles Bills Series goes back Decades.   Eagles Lead 8-6 in the All Time Series.    The Birds have also won 4 of their last 5 against the Bills who also haven't won in Philadelphia since 1996. The Bills last win against the Eagles came in Buffalo in 2011.  All that bodes well for the Birds but let's not sleep on Buffalo.   Since our very own Eagles Family Sean McDermott has taken over, they've won the Division 3 times and been to the playoffs 5 Times.  Including winning 4 Playoff games for the first time in over two Decades. He really has turned that program around.  They recently had to fire their OC so he's gotten some heat but even with this year, I don't think he's done that bad of a job.  

Josh Allen though at times came be a rollercoaster.  He is still one of the best QB's in the league.   They have several weapons that can do damage.   The Bills Defense also is nothing to sneeze at.   Yes they are 6-5, but could very well be 8-3 outside of a few late losses.   With that said, this Bills Team has been inconsistent.  Josh has laterally turned the ball over damn near every single game.   Also they are a different team on the Road.  The Bills are 1-4 away from Buffalo This Season.   I just don't see that changing today.   The Birds are Undefeated at home (4-0) and are averaging over 33 PPG.  They are also 4-0 Against teams with a Winning Record (13 Straight with Jalen under center). The Bills are putting up about 23 on the Road.   That's kind of where I'm at with this but they score less. .Josh is a Big Man and he can run the ball, Defense will have to be discipline but he can be baited into mistakes.  But I just don't see them stopping us on Offense.   I expect AJ to have a bounce back game too.  I also think this Defense will keep this lock down 2nd half thing going.   Buffalo is a good team and they will probably still make the playoffs.  But on Kelly Green Night 2, the Bills will leave with this L.   Birds become first NFL Team to Double Digit Wins and advance to 10-1.   

BIRDS - 34

BILLS - 16

JALEN - RUSH TD

AJ - TD

JULIO - TD

SWIFT - RUSH TD

JAKE FG X2

DEFENSE  - MULTIPLE INTS, SACKS and a FUMBLE

Gauntlet.

14 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

question for the sound people.

I picked up a cheap atmos soundbar on black friday. Wal Mart had a Hisense 5.1.2 system for $130. Ive always been tempted by the vizio systems that Ive only seen as low as about 300-350. So to see one for 130 I couldnt pass it up.

Anyway, Atmos works on netflix. 

It works on some YoutubeTV channels, or at least 5.1 works. But last night I noticed the college football games were only coming out of the front speakers. Then commercials would be 5.1

Today, pregame show on FOX is again only front speakers. Commercials have better sound.

Is this youtube TV only giving mono sound unless you pay for the 4k package or something?

Went in to youtubeTV settings > surround sound, and turned it OFF, and now I have sound out of the rear speakers. Weird. 

53 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

So do rainy conditions favor the Bills (as the inferior team) or the Eagles (as the team that is better running/defending the run)?

Cold and wet is a Buffalo summer day. Conversely, last week was the same as conditions will bevtoday.

33 minutes ago, McMVP said:

Disagree…I see the 49ers as far more dangerous.  Purdy may not be an all-star, but he’s very efficient and does what his coach wants…which will be to get rid of the ball quickly.  Allen is the type of QB that will be more willing to hold it to make the big play.  I see our dline have a decent sack game today

Allen is one of the least sacked QB’s. Only 14 sacks in 11 games. For guys that have played the majority, only Mahomes has fewer by 1. 

Weird to be fine all week and wake up with a groin injury. I hope for his sake, and ours, that this isn’t a depression related incident. I know those can come on out of nowhere and be very tough to deal with. I hope he’s alright. 

I’ve always had the opinion that poor conditions favor the more physical team. Although the game has changed over the years and the equipment, specifically the newer gloves receivers and db’s wear, throwing/receiving the ball seems more successful than it once was in the rain.

I still believe the more physical team has the advantage in poor conditions. The Eagles are the more physical team.

With a loss this week and likely next week, the number 1 seed is all but gone.  Tough.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Allen is one of the least sacked QB’s. For guys that have played the majority, only Mahomes has fewer by 1. 

Curious to see how the DLine plays today. Can’t lose containment and give running lanes like with Dak and some of the game against mahomes otherwise Allen will just run all day. 

Just now, Joe Ball said:

I’ve always had the opinion that poor conditions favor the more physical team. Although the game has changed over the years and the equipment, specifically the newer gloves receivers and db’s wear, throwing the ball send more successful than it once was in the rain.

I still believe the more physical team has the advantage in poor conditions. The Eagles are the more physical team.

In my opinion the new gloves worn today do a lot worse in the rain when they’re wet. They lose all their tack when saturated. I actually feel like bare hands or even the old school leather gloves preform better when wet. 

Men's Nike Jerome Brown Kelly Green Philadelphia Eagles Alternate Game  Jersey

Today's jersey check in...  Here is mine

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Curious to see how the DLine plays today. Can’t lose containment and give running lanes like with Dak and some of the game against mahomes otherwise Allen will just run all day. 

I really liked what they were doing in the 4th quarter last week with having Reddick spying off the rush. Could see that again today. 

17 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Well this isn't good.

Oof - is Driscoll still the backup RT?

Archived