EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

Well here comes the L. We can't win without Lane, we have years of data on that.

Yep. As it is, the only game without him this season was the Jets game and....yikes

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

I think the Eagles are somewhat aware that the road to the SB might be just as easy, if not easier, for the Eagles as #2 seed versus #1 seed.

Howie analyzes everything. 

The eagles are approaching this as a game they just don’t need to win.  

I’m sorry, having to play an extra game doesn’t make it easier. I don’t care who the division round opponent is. 

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

I think the Eagles are somewhat aware that the road to the SB might be just as easy, if not easier, for the Eagles as #2 seed versus #1 seed.

Before the Lane injury, this felt like one of the most likely games to lose for this team with a bad secondary going against Diggs, and a potentially hot Josh Allen.

Even if they lose, they are likely to still be the #1 seed, because they are probably going to run the table.

I’m really starting to come around to the idea that I’d rather go crap team -> crap team -> SF is better than Dallas —> SF.

If you adopt that viewpoint, the balance of the regular season becomes kind of meaningless.

20 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

I had us losing 2 of the 5 gauntlet games

I thought we would lose ro KC in KC, so now I shift that to this game.... The Lane news is disturbing and could be long term 😞

I dont have confidence in any player on the roster doing even an adequate job taking Lanes spot, and especially not against the these next 3 games:  Bills, Niners, and Cowboys. 

We need a healthy Oline to win against the top teams.   😞

Bills 27

Birds 23

I’ve never known a groin injury to be short term.  My hope at this point is that it’s not season ending.

I’m not saying this won’t be a tough game without Lane, but god d**n you guys are acting like the seasons over. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Before the Lane injury, this felt like one of the most likely games to lose for this team with a bad secondary going against Diggs, and a potentially hot Josh Allen.

Even if they lose, they are likely to still be the #1 seed, because they are probably going to run the table.

They are likely looking at a 3 game losing streak here with Lane out.

I get Lane is on the back end health wise and there was always a good chance he was going to miss some games this year. But this should have been known and RT2 coming into the season should have been treated as a starting position. Hopefully Driscoll can hold his own. It’s just frustrating how they always seem to find themselves in this spot. 

I am oddly confident that they’re going to win this game. So naturally, if they lose you can all blame me.

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

They are likely looking at a 3 game losing streak here with Lane out.

hes not going to miss the next 2. 

9 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

It would not be easier to be the #2 seed.  I don’t think this is Howie playing 3-D chess… It’s just them being cautious.  Something tells me they prefer the #1 seed and home field  throughout 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I am oddly confident that they’re going to win this game. So naturally, if they lose you can all blame me.

Lol I felt that way last week, then felt like an idiot at halftime. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

hes not going to miss the next 2. 

Lane would be playing this week if Howie valued this game.

31 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Bengals may not even make the playoffs at this rate.   Just dropped another one.  Fall to 5-6.  

It happens when you have no qb

3 minutes ago, QuinnWR4 said:

I’m not saying this won’t be a tough game without Lane, but god d**n you guys are acting like the seasons over. 

Typical over reaction. Gonna be another sloppy game. 

Just now, McMVP said:

It would not be easier to be the #2 seed.  I don’t think this is Howie playing 3-D trust… It’s just them being cautious.  Something tells me they prefer the #1 seed and home field  throughout 

Of course they prefer #1 and HFA.  But I guarantee they are aware that the #2 seed will have an easier matchup in divisional playoffs.

6 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Well here comes the L. We can't win without Lane, we have years of data on that.

We do have data… But that data was with lesser teams.   

Except for this year’s Jets game 🤷‍♂️

Archived