EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, devpool said:

Tackled him where? And also, was that QB sitting there refusing to go down and fighting for yards? That situation is not as common as you're making it seem and I doubt they call roughing if someone finished him off

Tackled him in the pocket, between the numbers.   It wasn't anything.   And no, he was just standing there and got tackled, but 'unnecessary roughness' is always an option... blow to the head... hitting with the helmet, etc.     The NFL is different now.     I didn't say what you mentioned was common, I said the NFL overprotecting QB's is commonplace.  So, when you advocate smashing a QB like you just did... you can pretty expect a flag these days, regardless of the circumstances around it.

Every other team out there seems to be able to run a scramble drill perfectly fine, but when Hurts gets flushed it’s a throwaway 90% of the time. Third game in a row between Dak, Mahomes, and now Allen killing them breaking the pocket. This line has zero discipline. 

Like to point out that aj brown has 1 catch in his last 7 quarters of football. Idk maybe our OC can figure out how to get him the ball. 

Just now, devpool said:

Wow who could have seen that coming except the entire Fing world 

Brian Johnson 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Like to point out that aj brown has 1 catch in his last 7 quarters of football. Idk maybe our OC can figure out how to get him the ball. 

He can’t figure out to run the ball so don’t get your hopes up there.

Just now, devpool said:

Notice they didn't call roughing on Reed hitting Allen there at the end, hit him in the helmet too

Was a great hit

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

WR screen 

We need to keep running the ball. I don't understand why we insist on passing without Goedert and Lane IN THE RAIN. 

I'm normally a throw, throw, throw guy, but know the situation. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Wonder if the thigh thing is limiting him 

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Tackled him in the pocket, between the numbers.   It wasn't anything.   And no, he was just standing there and got tackled, but 'unnecessary roughness' is always an option... blow to the head... hitting with the helmet, etc.     The NFL is different now.     I didn't say what you mentioned was common, I said the NFL overprotecting QB's is commonplace.  So, when you advocate smashing a QB... you can pretty expect a flag these days, regardless of the circumstances around it.

What I'm saying is that when a QB is treating themselves like a battering ram, they're not going to call roughing. Behind the LOS, yea sure roughing is always an option. When Allen is out there putting his shoulder down and fighting to stay up? Not an option

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Wonder if the thigh thing is limiting him 

Possibly. However they haven’t even targeted him once would be a bigger issue. 

Just now, RLC said:

We need to keep running the ball. I don't understand why we insist on passing without Goedert and Lane IN THE RAIN. 

I'm normally a throw, throw, throw guy, but know the situation. 

I always prefer a balanced attack.... 

It's like Johnson is trying to outsmart himself and not the other team. "I should run it here... but they're probably expecting that."

Just now, RLC said:

See, it doesn't have to be hard.

Sure it does. Cause if it were easy it wouldn’t be called Philadelphia 

Archived