EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zero crossing routes, zero quick hitters outside of screens, just an abysmal passing gameplan. Not sure if it’s BJ’s design or Hurts but it’s not pretty. 

Don’t need anyone telling me Brian Johnson isn’t the problem. He or sirianni who’s ever stupid ass game plan this is or throwing out plays is definitely an issue. The fact jones, gainwell, Scott and stoll have more targets than brown is a massive issue. We are in a monsoon so naturally let’s throw not throw it to our best weapon. Or get the ball to our best back. 

1 minute ago, devpool said:

Never noticed that rule. I guess not many kicks are even fielded at that spot anymore 

Just started this year. Fair catch kickoff rule. 

I feel like sometimes when the OL has injuries and there is new hats…Hurts gets super paranoid and skittish.  He’s all out of whack right now.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Don’t need anyone telling me Brian Johnson isn’t the problem. He or sirianni who’s ever stupid ass game plan this is or throwing out plays is definitely an issue. The fact jones, gainwell, Scott and stoll have more targets than brown is a massive issue. We are in a monsoon so naturally let’s throw not throw it to our best weapon. Or get the ball to our best back. 

The INT looked like a screen to Stoll.

Just now, Parrot Head said:

Peyton Manning was right, the design of our passing offense is horrendous.

Did we need Peyton to declare that?  We've been watching this and complaining about it for months now.   

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

Let's throw to Gainwell and not AJ. Real smart

Hurts bailed out of the pocket too soon. They need to call shorter routes to get him in a rhythm. 

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Did we need Peyton to declare that?  We've been watching this and complaining about it for months now.   

Well he has more credibility than most in here.

Just now, Wentz_Era said:

The INT looked like a screen to Stoll.

It was. Again why is stoll getting a target and through 2 quarters you have 0 to aj brown. It shouldn’t be this hard to know your best players in a game like this need to get the ball. The fact that Swift and AJ halve 2 touches so far is beyond ridiculous.

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

Hurts bailed out of the pocket too soon. They need to call shorter routes to get him in a rhythm. 

Or run the ball and that will open up the passing game

Just now, Parrot Head said:

Well he has more credibility than most in here.

Appeal to authority fallacy.   The evidence is before our eyes every week.  

I can’t watch the game today, but by the looks of the ESPN play by play, it looks like BJ calling screens like it’s half our playbook and not throwing anything more than 5 yards down the field against substandard dbs? Sounds like par for the course.

Just now, devpool said:

If the defense can stop them on this drive the offense can make their adjustments at halftime like every other game

Sure... maybe even steal points before halftime along the way too.

Ironically, the adjustments will likely include leaning heavily on the running game. 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Watching the Colts today gave me so much FOMO

Just now, Sack that QB said:

Took a shot to his side hopefully just a contusion

Rib shot

Archived