EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

9 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

It’s amazing that people really believe that our government (in the 60s) wasn’t capable of lying about the moon landing. 

You ever see a Russian drink water, Mandrake?

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

It’s amazing that people really believe that our government (in the 60s) wasn’t capable of lying about the moon landing. 

It's far more amazing that people can be so incapable of learning basic science.

6 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Wouldn't hate this draft:

PHI
    J.T. Tuimoloau
    EDGE Ohio State
    PHI
    Tyler Guyton
    OT Oklahoma
    PHI
    Malachi Corley
    WR Western Kentucky
    trade icon
    PHI
    Tommy Eichenberg
    LB Ohio State
    trade icon
    PHI
    Javon Bullard
    CB Georgia
    trade icon
    PHI
    Donovan Edwards
    RB Michigan
    trade icon
    PHI
    Luke Lachey
    TE Iowa
    PHI
    Nazir Stackhouse
    DT Georgia
    PHI
    Demani Richardson
    S Texas A&M
    trade icon
  • 2025 CAR 3rd
  • 2025 CAR 4th

I'd be thrilled with this. Donovan Edwards is the only one I'm eh about. He seems like a positionless player who would do best on a team who utilizes jack of all trades kind of guys like him. I don't think the Eagles coaching staff is good using that king of guy.

13 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Then the Eagles should have brought in Wentz as the backup instead of Mariota.  

I’m thinking at the time Wentz was asking for far more than backup money (for right or wrong).  It could be they never approached him about the role, but I doubt it would’ve happened even if they did.  So no point in discussing it

3 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I'd be thrilled with this. Donovan Edwards is the only one I'm eh about. He seems like a positionless player who would do best on a team who utilizes jack of all trades kind of guys like him. I don't think the Eagles coaching staff is good using that king of guy.

As a Michigan fan, he has gotten better as the year has gone on running between the tackles, but his has terrible balance. 

Not a big JT fan either because I don't see the speed, only power, and he is known for the PSU game and outside of that just too quiet in other games. 

@mattwill

bad feeling about this one.  Eagles defense played darn near 100 snaps last week while the 49ers are well rested.  

Eagles 24

49ers 29

Eagles dline held to no more than 1 sack

Hope I’m wrong of course 

47 minutes ago, McMVP said:

@mattwill

bad feeling about this one.  Eagles defense played darn near 100 snaps last week while the 49ers are well rested.  

Eagles 24

49ers 29

Eagles dline held to no more than 1 sack

Hope I’m wrong of course 

A lot of validity to this, which is why this game we might see two players with over 25 carries.  I expect a ball control offense and just beat down the 49ers defense and keep the Eagles'D off the field.   This is going to be a street brawl level of intensity.  Eagles are well versed in that style this year.  Gut check after gut check.  Not sure the 49ers have had any of those this year.

1 hour ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Fletch DNP all week - has there been any indication that he'll be available?

I've heard a few of the pundits saying it wasn't a done deal that he won't.  Seems like a long shot but one can hope.

7 hours ago, jamiller said:

I can't wait until we punch these guys in the face.  The Eagles are NOT a soft finesse team and will be laying the wood.  

I hope so.  My little brain says if we run 35-45 times and pass around 25-30 we win.  If we are passing in the plus 40+ range I'm nervous.  Gotta give the defense a break and since they struggle getting off the field we need to keep them off the field.

Man the Seahawks are in the middle of their own gauntlet, 49ers/Cowboys/49ers/Eagles, yikes.

15 hours ago, mattwill said:

and we like it that way. 

Wrong refrain.

Correct response is, "we don't care."

1 hour ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Fletch DNP all week - has there been any indication that he'll be available?

Just the fact he’s questionable instead of out despite not practicing. I’m guessing they are just focusing on treatment and will see how he feels before the game. He’s been around the block so he doesn’t need the practice reps. 

14 hours ago, Joe Ball said:

blasphemy, I like you guys.

Nah... its a call back to the Eagles parade after Super Bowl LII.

And with the Eagles sitting at 10-1 AT HOME and UNDERDOGS yet again... I think it's time to remind everyone of the greatest parade speech of all-time.

^ apologies for having to follow the link... but if you click it, you will enjoy it!

14 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Don’t know how anyone has the energy to care what media or Vegas says. We’re home underdogs, so what? 

See above.  ;).   It fuels certain people.   I expect an all-time game on Sunday from some hungry dogs.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

See above.  ;).   It fuels certain people.   I expect an all-time game on Sunday from some hungry dogs.

Players, sure. I meant fans though. 

15 hours ago, jamiller said:

Have you gone back to watch any of his good returns?  I have not.  Unless someone posts clips I tend to not go back and watch a game.  If you have, is he close to breaking one?  Is there one or two players to beat kind of thing or had he cut left or right, there was a path?  My overall sense was he generally is finding some seams that then close up after a very good return.  Meaning, I don't ever recall thinking "ah man, almost..."

It’s more of a gut feeling. 

However, his 52-yard return against Tampa was close. So was his 27-yard return against the Chiefs (one man to beat). And I forget which game it was, but he looked to be home free had it not been for Nolan Smith accidentally tackling him. He’s hitting the seams quicker this year, which is also aiding my gut feeling that he’s due.

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Players, sure. I meant fans though. 

I agree with that.  I don't watch pregame shows anymore... and I don't bet.  

Working on Christmas Day game plans... Do regular YoutubeTV have the local games?

I will be with family that have unplugged from cable... and don't watch much TV.   Looking for an easy solution.

Working on Christmas Day game plans... Do regular YoutubeTV have the local games?

I will be with family that have unplugged from cable... and don't watch much TV.   Looking for an easy solution.

Yes Youtube TV will give you your local game. 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yes

Perfect, thanks.

you may need to tell them to upgrade internet. I dont want to hear you complaining that youtube tv is buffering or anything like that. youtube tv is perfect.

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

you may need to tell them to upgrade internet. I dont want to hear you complaining that youtube tv is buffering or anything like that. youtube tv is perfect.

I won't be online during the game.    BUT... I may come and complain about it AFTER the fact.    Just put me on ignore from Dec 25-29.  :P 

@mattwill

I am not feeling good about this game, either it is a close Eagles win or a Niners blowout. I think they fall behind early and the magic just isn't there this week. The linebacker play for both teams makes the difference.

Niners 33

Eagles 15

Archived