EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

I swear, this season has been the most use I’ve ever gotten out of my rain gear. I’m sick of these damn rain games. 

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's the weather looking like tomorrow?

More rain = better for us as we have the stronger QB, better kicker and rely more on strength than precision.

1 minute ago, QuinnWR4 said:

I swear, this season has been the most use I’ve ever gotten out of my rain gear. I’m sick of these damn rain games. 

give me your tickets or quit whining.

Just now, RLC said:

More rain = better for us as we have the stronger QB, better kicker and rely more on strength than precision.

ask RTK.

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

It's going to rain but I don't that works to anyone's benefit, even though it will be the 5th Eagles game with rain this year.  Purdy had a great game in the playoffs last year against Seattle.  Meanwhile Hurts had his worst game in the rain against the Jets.

3 hours ago, bpac55 said:

I'd be thrilled with this. Donovan Edwards is the only one I'm eh about. He seems like a positionless player who would do best on a team who utilizes jack of all trades kind of guys like him. I don't think the Eagles coaching staff is good using that king of guy.

Guyton wont make it to 64. Good prospect

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It's going to rain but I don't that works to anyone's benefit, even though it will be the 5th Eagles game with rain this year.  Purdy had a great game in the playoffs last year against Seattle.  Meanwhile Hurts had his worst game in the rain against the Jets.

Purdy in the rain against Cleveland this year was rough. I don't remember a lot of rain in Seattle/SF last year. 

1 minute ago, RLC said:

Purdy in the rain against Cleveland this year was rough. I don't remember a lot of rain in Seattle/SF last year. 

Despite a bleak overcast - no rain at NYJ game either.

10 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Despite a bleak overcast - no rain at NYJ game either.

correct!

4 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I heard that every team that won in OT this season started slowly/had an early deficit the following week for whatever emotional/physical reason that you want to attribute.

Which bodes especially worse for us because they already start every game slow on offense, and the defense has to pick up their slack to keep the games close for 2.5 quarters 

3 minutes ago, devpool said:

Which bodes especially worse for us because they already start every game slow on offense, and the defense has to pick up their slack to keep the games close for 2.5 quarters 

I worry the Def is exhausted after so many snaps last week. Wouldnt shock me to see SF break some long runs/yac

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

A lot of validity to this, which is why this game we might see two players with over 25 carries.  I expect a ball control offense and just beat down the 49ers defense and keep the Eagles'D off the field.   This is going to be a street brawl level of intensity.  Eagles are well versed in that style this year.  Gut check after gut check.  Not sure the 49ers have had any of those this year.

Would be amazing to see Penny activated so he and swift can each get 15+ carries to run this kind of offense. 30 carries between penny/swift, obligatory 5 carries for gainwell, couple of tush pushes and we could easily have a 40 rush-20 pass ratio for a dominant clock control offense. 

They'll never do it because they're obsessed with passing the ball and hate penny, but it would be nice 

52 minutes ago, RLC said:

They’re pass rush is better in the rain. We use more band they use more power on the edges. 

I don't have any feelings towards Pat MacAfee good or bad but man he can work a college crowd. Pretty funny seeing him have the whole crowd backing him with a chant just to pick Bama.

Well, we hate you too you pug faced crybaby POS as well as that imbred Silverback and your prepubescent QB.  Cant wait to crush these little bi-aches again!  

@mattwill

Eagles 35

Forty Whiners 20

Bonus:  We get to see Darnold play after Redick destroys Purdy once again

FB_IMG_1701536532079.thumb.jpg.800f4c368385824e200c7116821b3ec9.jpg

There were rumors the Eagles had some interest back in the offseason. With Evans out for the season I wonder if Eagles will have interest.

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

There were rumors the Eagles had some interest back in the offseason. With Evans out for the season I wonder if Eagles will have interest.

If that picture is any indication of how he's been this season I would pass. 

46 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Well, we hate you too you pug faced crybaby POS as well as that imbred Silverback and your prepubescent QB.  Cant wait to crush these little bi-aches again!  

@mattwill

Eagles 35

Forty Whiners 20

Bonus:  We get to see Darnold play after Redick destroys Purdy once again

FB_IMG_1701536532079.thumb.jpg.800f4c368385824e200c7116821b3ec9.jpg

This quote from him actually confused me and confirms how much of a narcissistic moron he is. No Eagles players were saying anything after the game. It was all his dumb a** and teammates, and softass fans chirping and crying all offseason. This lame ass crybaby needs punished every chance we get to take a shot at him. This is one of those, play to the echo of the whistle games. 

4 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I heard that every team that won in OT this season started slowly/had an early deficit the following week for whatever emotional/physical reason that you want to attribute.

Interesting... but what about the team that lost in OT?   Did they also lose so that it isn't an emotional thing, but only an exhaustion thing?  If it's an emotional thing... then I don't think it impacts the Eagles.   I think they will have no issue getting up for the 49ers.   They've been talking too much, for too long, and are the number one threat to the 1 seed.   I don't see the Eagles having an emotional let down.   A physical one... maybe.  

Texas-Okla St.    Just saw a fat guy TD.   Love it.    Lined the big fella (T'Vondre Sweat) up at TE at the 1.  Tossed it to him for an easy TD.  He wasn't covered at all.

Archived