EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Michigan, Washington, and Texas are shoe-ins.

If Bama wins, who knows who is the 4th team.

The committee would be praying for a Florida State loss. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Incredibly dumb 

What about when he pushed him over top of the pile?  That guy was dirty all game.    

In a way, I suppose that was just a primer for how dirty the 49ers will be tomorrow.

48 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

So let's see. The final four should include Washington, Florida State, and Michigan (assuming conference victories for the final two). Which one of those will be excluded if Georgia loses to Alabama? Because, you just know they'll find a way to include TWO SEC teams if that were to happen.

Why put this out there?!   😠.  

I still have faith in the Dawgs!   At least, I hope so...

Just back from a quick trip to Texas and then Kansas.  Stopping in Coffeyville KS for the Dalton Defenders Museum and Independence for the Little House on the Prairie.  The Dalton gang attempt to rob two banks in Coffeyville and the citizens response is quite a story.    Laura Ingalls Wilder father squatted on land on the Osage Reservation just a bit west of Independence.  My great great grandfather had flour mill about ten or so miles from that and my great grandfather would tell me stories about crossing the river (Elk River) to trade with the Indians.  From Kansas, Wilder moved to De Smet SD, a couple counties away from where my folks grew up.  Got to get off the interstates to really see our great country.  

@mattwill

Eagles will be in for a battle on Sunday.  Two great DLs.  Time to put the 49ers myths to rest.  In the words of BG, it don’t matter.  Home game.

Eagles 27, whiners 20

Bonus: Eagles over 100 yards rushing

Irreverent Bonus:  Brock Purdy craps his pants as Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter converge for a quarterback sandwich after which whiner fans everywhere say they would have won, butt……….

Putting FSU in over Georgia would be stupid. Georgia has one loss after not having lost for multiple years.

8 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

If FSU wins, I think the SEC gets shut out of the CFP

Would be their most moronic call in the CFP era.

4 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Putting FSU in over Georgia would be stupid. Georgia has one loss after not having lost for multiple years.

FSU wins by 20 plus tonight will be hard to leave them out 

2 hours ago, Saltpeter said:

"Easier said than done: ‘Tush push’

Everyone knows when it’s coming, it’s stopping it that has proved challenging.

The 49ers defense claims they have a good game plan against the Eagles’ "Brotherly Shove” in their NFC championship re-match.

We’ll see it all on Sunday.

Frankly, at this point, the only thing that’s going to consistently stop it is 24 votes from the NFL owners in 2024. It may happen too. 

Most of the time when these plays and rules are being discussed, player health and safety are at the forefront.

However, this one may be decided because of the optics, not injuries. 

From everything I have been told by multiple league sources, injuries aren’t happening as much despite big bodies ramming into each other every week when the play is used.

While it was talked about in detail at the competition committee’s gathering at the league meetings last offseason, it was never formally brought as a playing rule proposal to the 32 owners. This means there wasn’t one team in the league that felt strongly enough against it to have the play eliminated. That is probably going to change.

It’s apparent this is going to be heavily debated among the competition committee made up of owners, general managers and coaches. It’s important to note that there isn’t a single person from the Eagles organization on the competition committee. However, three of their divisional opponents are represented: New York Giants owner John Mara, Cowboys COO Stephen Jones and Washington head coach Ron Rivera. Though it will all come down to the voting, the most important opinion about the play may come from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. I was told by a league source that Goodell wants to see this play removed from the game permanently."

The devil is in the details.  Unless they ban QB sneaks altogether, the Eagles will simply split the two "backs" and have them lined up behind the two Guards rather than behind the QB.  The success rate will continue to be over 90%. 

The other detail that will be interesting to see is how they choose to handle the other "pushing" plays.

37 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Incredibly dumb 

Makes a lot of sense. Guy tries to intentionally hurt someone but DeAndre Swift lowers his shoulder to get an extra yard or two and gets fined. Wtf is this system?

1 minute ago, Casey @ Bat said:

Makes a lot of sense. Guy tries to intentionally hurt someone but DeAndre Swift lowers his shoulder to get an extra yard or two and gets fined. Wtf is this system?

Arbitrary.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Arbitrary.

Josh Jacobs came out and said they were stealing players money, I see his point now. 
If what Phillips did isn’t a fine there basically shouldn’t be any. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

FSU wins by 20 plus tonight will be hard to leave them out 

I don't think it would be. Everyone wants to see Georgia try and defend their title, no one really cares about FSU. The best teams should get in and if Georgia played FSU they'd be favored. FSU would be a doormat if they got in and make the games less interesting. Just pick who everyone knows the best teams are.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Dawgs ain't dead yet.

They should be, not the same dominant Georgia teams as before. 

I would go:

1- Michigan (if they win)
2- Alabama
3- Georgia
4- Washington

It's messed up to FSU who probably go undefeated and don't get in... but those are the top 4 to me. Texas also gets a bad hand. Committee would probably switch Georgia and Washington to avoid a repeat SEC championship matchup right away. So Michigan vs Georgia and Bama vs Washington in the playoff.

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

So seems like if Eagles win then Leonard signs here, if they lose then he signs with the Cowboys.

That is what it seems to be.

2 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I would go:

1- Michigan (if they win)
2- Alabama
3- Georgia
4- Washington

It's messed up to FSU who probably go undefeated and don't get in... but those are the top 4 to me. Texas also gets a bad hand. Committee would probably switch Georgia and Washington to avoid a repeat SEC championship matchup right away. So Michigan vs Georgia and Bama vs Washington in the playoff.

Georgia 3rd what, they are out of it for me

Texas went into Bama and beat them by 10, let's not forget. 

Michigan, Washington, Bama, Texas 

8 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Georgia 3rd what, they are out of it for me

Texas went into Bama and beat them by 10, let's not forget. 

Michigan, Washington, Bama, Texas 

You can make an argument for all 6. Two teams who deserve to make it are going to be very disappointed.

Archived