EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

Saturday Evening Predictions Update

73 predictions recorded thus far.  52 for an Eagles win and 21 for a 49ers win.  The Average Predicted Score has continued to tighten, and currently shows an Eagles win by the score of 27-24.

As always, please tag your prediction post with @mattwill that way I will be sure to see/record it.  Score predictions can also have an optional "Bonus Pick" tiebreaker prediction.  So far over the course of the season 125 different EMB posters have made at least one prediction. 

Lets see if we can get to 100 predictions submitted this week!

A list of the predictions is presented below, sorted alphabetically by the name of the predictor.  If you don't see your name there, then I haven't yet recorded a prediction for you.
368720612_Screenshot2023-12-02at4_48_27PM.png.1ac0c35d08a76e6f6a7fee49f0926266.png
347201709_Screenshot2023-12-02at4_48_56PM.png.80512d956ce9d217791f2112340d44e5.png
559199089_Screenshot2023-12-02at4_49_28PM.png.68aa73390bcfd6af2c6b6dfaed08ee69.png
1383889148_Screenshot2023-12-02at4_49_48PM.png.89d4afb2d254895975f5fbb6008ab108.png

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

You can make an argument for all 6. Two teams who deserve to make it are going to be very disappointed.

Both teams are conference champs and one team went into other teams home and beat them. How is that an argument 

Just now, 315Eagles said:

I don't think you can leave Georgia out.  

They aren't conference champs and other 3 teams are. Want to defend your title win your conference 

12 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Both teams are conference champs and one team went into other teams home and beat them. How is that an argument 

Because you're putting the top 4 teams in. It's not all resumé. Why not put FSU in your top 4? They went undefeated and won their conference (if they win today)? How is that an argument? Two deserving teams aren't going to get in. Is what it is.

3 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Because you're putting the top 4 teams in. It's not all resume. Why not put FSU in your top 4? They went undefeated and won their conference (if they win today)? How is that an argument? Two deserving teams aren't going to get in. Is what it is.

Georgia is not a Top 4 team. Let's not act like Bama is some juggernaut, they are not.

Pretty easy argument that without Travis they can't compete. 

6 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I don't think you can leave Georgia out.  

*You certainly can't leave Georgia out.

2 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

You can make an argument for all 6. Two teams who deserve to make it are going to be very disappointed.

As is always the case... 

and when they expand it to 12, the teams at 13, 14 and 15 will cry.  

So... might as well just make it 64 teams and start the tournament in the first week of November.  :whistle: 

@mattwill

I need to learn my lesson and stop being overconfident that the Eagles are going to find their stride. But whatever, F the 49ers and their fans. Eagles roll.

Eagles-38

49ers- 24

It's the Jalen show tomorrow.

Jalen Hurts- 400 yards, 3 TD

Jalen Carter- 3 sacks

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

@mattwill

I need to learn my lesson and stop being overconfident that the Eagles are going to find their stride. But whatever, F the 49ers and their fans. Eagles roll.

Eagles-38

49ers- 24

It's the Jalen show tomorrow.

Jalen Hurts- 400 yards, 3 TD

Jalen Carter- 3 sacks

Carter getting 3 sacks in the game we play Hargrave for the first time since he left would be something special.  Will also seal defensive rookie of the year for him to do so in front of tomorrow's record breaking audience.  

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They aren't conference champs and other 3 teams are. Want to defend your title win your conference 

I get it but to me you should put in the 4 best teams.  Bama and Georgia are both in that category in my opinion.   They both play in the best and toughest conference in college.

They are the 2x defending champs and just lost for the 1st time by 3.  

You might be right but I'd be very surprised if they leave Georgia out.

The committee will not put a 1 loss non-conference champ over an undefeated conference champ.

If FSU wins, they are in.

20 hours until Kickoff.  Here's a list pf past Score Prediction posters who haven't as yet given their take on the score this week.  Come one, come all!
@Arsenal79
@bbabraham
@bpac55
@Casey @ Bat
@Connecticut Eagle
@Dwide Schrude
@eagle45
@eaglestime34
@greend
@greendestiny27
@Joe Ball
@justwinbaby
@jwill2420
@Kauai
@KINGnabb
@myerstheman
@Original Sin
@Parrot Head
@pgcd3
@RLC
@Saltpeter
@TEW
@Uscg-green
@vsptroops

As noted last week two past posters have chosen to go on IR. No return to the active roster is currently forecasted.

@NCTANK
@twistr

If Eagles win a close game tomorrow the media will still act like they aren't that good for 11-1 despite the teams they have gone up against and in sequence too with all of these other teams coming off of extra rest 

11 minutes ago, mattwill said:

20 hours until Kickoff.  Here's a list pf past Score Prediction posters who haven't as yet given their take on the score this week.  Come one, come all!
@Arsenal79
@bbabraham
@bpac55
@Casey @ Bat
@Connecticut Eagle
@Dwide Schrude
@eagle45
@eaglestime34
@greend
@greendestiny27
@Joe Ball
@justwinbaby
@jwill2420
@Kauai
@KINGnabb
@myerstheman
@Original Sin
@Parrot Head
@pgcd3
@RLC
@Saltpeter
@TEW
@Uscg-green
@vsptroops

As noted last week two past posters have chosen to go on IR. No return to the active roster is currently forecasted.

@NCTANK
@twistr

27-24 eagles

25 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I get it but to me you should put in the 4 best teams.  Bama and Georgia are both in that category in my opinion.   They both play in the best and toughest conference in college.

They are the 2x defending champs and just lost for the 1st time by 3.  

You might be right but I'd be very surprised if they leave Georgia out.

That is some SEC Bias, the Pac-12 was the best conference this year. These are NOT even close to the same juggernaut Georgia teams the years prior, they should be out, who cares about previous years. Beck is average and that Georgia defense is just average 

Bama is so good they were only in this position because they converted a 4th and goal from the 30 over dope Auburn. Same Auburn team that lost at home the week prior to New Mexico St. 31-10

The top 5 teams in the country is some order of Michigan, Washington, Texas, bama and Georgia. Florida state with their Qb situation just isn’t.

Granted if the FSU wins tonight i don’t see the committee having the balls to leave them out and use the Qb injury against them. Even though i don’t think they are a top 4 team in the country without him. So it’s gonna come down to bama, Texas and Georgia for the last spot. Texas went into bama and beat them by 10. Can’t penalize Texas saying well it was early in the year. They had the balls to make that schedule with bama and have arguably the best win in college football. That has to account for something. I get bama isn’t the same team now as early in the year but Texas did what they had to and went in there and beat bama. it doesn’t happen often

If FSU loses it makes it so that Texas and bama gets in. UGA likely gets short changed as their only loss was to a top 5 team at a neutral site by 3. However i have a tough time leaving Texas out and putting bama and UGA in when Texas has a win at bama and UGA just lost to bama. 

41 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

As is always the case... 

So... might as well just make it 64 teams and start the tournament in the first week of November.  :whistle: 

November/December/January Madness.

If you only start in late December, then you could get it to end the weekend before March Madness and unveil the brackets during halftime of the National Championship game.

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The top 5 teams in the country is some order of Michigan, Washington, Texas, bama and Georgia. Florida state with their Qb situation just isn’t.

Granted if the FSU wins tonight i don’t see the committee having the balls to leave them out and use the Qb injury against them. Even though i don’t think they are a top 4 team in the country without him. So it’s gonna come down to bama, Texas and Georgia for the last spot. Texas went into bama and beat them by 10. Can’t penalize Texas saying well it was early in the year. They had the balls to make that schedule with bama and have arguably the best win in college football. That has to account for something. I get bama isn’t the same team now as early in the year but Texas did what they had to and went in there and beat bama. it doesn’t happen often

If FSU loses it makes it so that Texas and bama gets in. UGA likely gets short changed as their only loss was to a top 5 team at a neutral site by 3. However i have a tough time leaving Texas out and putting bama and UGA in when Texas has a win at bama and UGA just lost to bama. 

Agree and I have it in that order.

I kind of think Ohio State is probably the 3rd best team in the country, but don't win the big game oh well so sad. 

45 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

As is always the case... 

At some point they are gonna go to 16 teams. The extra money is there when you get an extra 4 games doing so. But yeah until them we will have 2-3 teams 13-15 that’ll say they deserve it more then team 12 

Archived