EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The top 5 teams in the country is some order of Michigan, Washington, Texas, bama and Georgia. Florida state with their Qb situation just isn’t.

Granted if the FSU wins tonight i don’t see the committee having the balls to leave them out and use the Qb injury against them. Even though i don’t think they are a top 4 team in the country without him. So it’s gonna come down to bama, Texas and Georgia for the last spot. Texas went into bama and beat them by 10. Can’t penalize Texas saying well it was early in the year. They had the balls to make that schedule with bama and have arguably the best win in college football. That has to account for something. I get bama isn’t the same team now as early in the year but Texas did what they had to and went in there and beat bama. it doesn’t happen often

If FSU loses it makes it so that Texas and bama gets in. UGA likely gets short changed as their only loss was to a top 5 team at a neutral site by 3. However i have a tough time leaving Texas out and putting bama and UGA in when Texas has a win at bama and UGA just lost to bama. 

Bama needed a 4th and goal from the 30 to be in this position vs a bad Auburn team, lets also not act like they are some great Bama team. 

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of it matters. UCF will just declare themselves national champions again and throw themselves a parage. Why even play the games?

8 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Bama needed a 4th and goal from the 30 to be in this position vs a bad Auburn team, let’s also not act like they are some great Bama team. 

Well they beat UGA, all you need to do is get into the playoff. Bama will be favored against anyone not named Georgia. 

2 minutes ago, GoEagles614 said:

Well they beat UGA, all you need to do is get into the playoff. Bama will be favored against anyone not named Georgia. 

Wait you think Bama is better than Michigan or Washington? Just stop 

Neither Georgia and Bama are their elite selves

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Agree and I have it in that order.

I kind of think Ohio State is probably the 3rd best team in the country, but don't win the big game oh well so sad. 

Ohio state got hurt losing when they did and due to the big 10 basically being 3 teams and ND not living up to their end of the bargain and losing 3 games. Iowa is 10-2 but they can’t score and have faced 1 ranked team all year. got destroyed 31-0 in that game. They’ve won a Bunch of games like 13-10 and 15-13.

I think FSU gets in if they win. If it were up to me i wouldn’t cause i don’t think at this stage without their Qb they are better than any of the top 7. If they are in then to me comes down to bama and Texas. what UGA did in 2022 or 2021 doesn’t matter. Be like eagles should make the playoffs automatically since they got to SB last year. It doesn’t matter. All that matters is 2023 if there’s just one spot what it comes down to i can’t put UGA in over bama. Bama just beat them  And i dont think i can put bama in over texas as Texas went into bama and beat them by 10. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Ohio state got hurt losing when they did and due to the big 10 basically being 3 teams and ND not living up to their end of the bargain and losing 3 games. Iowa is 10-2 but they can’t score and have faced 1 ranked team all year. got destroyed 31-0 in that game. They’ve won a Bunch of games like 13-10 and 15-13.

I think FSU gets in if they win. If it were up to me i wouldn’t cause i don’t think at this stage without their Qb they are better than any of the top 7. If they are in then to me comes down to bama and Texas. what UGA did in 2022 or 2021 doesn’t matter. Be like eagles should make the playoffs automatically since they got to SB last year. It doesn’t matter. All that matters is 2023 if there’s just one spot what it comes down to i can’t put UGA in over bama. Bama just beat them  And i dont think i can put bama in over texas as Texas went into bama and beat them by 10. 

Agree keeping Texas out over Bama would be a disaster and bad for college sports. Ohio won a title with a 3rd string QB a few years ago so to say they can't win is wrong

17 minutes ago, NothingClever said:

November/December/January Madness.

If you only start in late December, then you could get it to end the weekend before March Madness and unveil the brackets during halftime of the National Championship game.

I'm in.  Let's go.   After all, D-2 and D-3 have been doing true playoffs for forever... with no trouble.

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

At some point they are gonna go to 16 teams. The extra money is there when you get an extra 4 games doing so. But yeah until them we will have 2-3 teams 13-15 that’ll say they deserve it more then team 12 

And the solution is simple.  If you didn't win your conference... shut up about it.  Just be glad that you had a chance.   "It was an honor just to be nominated."  Sometimes, you need to admit that someone is better than you and just be gracious in defeat.  (Looking at you, Forty-whiners!). 

14 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Bama needed a 4th and goal from the 30 to be in this position vs a bad Auburn team, lets also not act like they are some great Bama team. 

Tbh i don’t think Florida state is better than any of the other 7 teams in the top 8 without their Qb. I think they’d lose to every single one of those teams. It’s why I’d put Texas in. And I’d probably take bama simply cause they beat UGA 

I think JJ will be a better NFL QB than Drake Maye, his ability to play out of the pocket is pro quality 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tbh i don’t think Florida state is better than any of the other 7 teams in the top 8 without their Qb. I think they’d lose to every single one of those teams. It’s why I’d put Texas in. And I’d probably take bama simply cause they beat UGA 

We agree

Michigan, Washington, Texas, Bama

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Can't penalize them because their QB is hurt, if they go undefeated, they earned the spot over any team that has a loss.   In 2017, the Eagles' season was over because their QB got hurt... and yet... 

51QB2Qg77AL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Stories with underdogs are always better...

57 minutes ago, mattwill said:

20 hours until Kickoff.  Here's a list pf past Score Prediction posters who haven't as yet given their take on the score this week.  Come one, come all!
@Arsenal79
@bbabraham
@bpac55
@Casey @ Bat
@Connecticut Eagle
@Dwide Schrude
@eagle45
@eaglestime34
@greend
@greendestiny27
@Joe Ball
@justwinbaby
@jwill2420
@Kauai
@KINGnabb
@myerstheman
@Original Sin
@Parrot Head
@pgcd3
@RLC
@Saltpeter
@TEW
@Uscg-green
@vsptroops

As noted last week two past posters have chosen to go on IR. No return to the active roster is currently forecasted.

@NCTANK
@twistr

@mattwill

Didn’t see my pick, so might be on IR watch as well?! 
Hopefully my superstitious pick with a third loss will have the same result as the other two…🦅win

So….I think I had 49ers 31

Birds 13

Bonus: forgot it - I’m old - so, I’ll say Eagles D gives up a 3rd and 26…

35 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

That is some SEC Bias, the Pac-12 was the best conference this year. These are NOT even close to the same juggernaut Georgia teams the years prior, they should be out, who cares about previous years. Beck is average and that Georgia defense is just average 

Bama is so good they were only in this position because they converted a 4th and goal from the 30 over dope Auburn. Same Auburn team that lost at home the week prior to New Mexico St. 31-10

Pac-12 had a nice year but I wouldn't say they were the best conference.

We will find out soon who the 4 are.

Agree keeping Texas out over Bama would be a disaster and bad for college sports. Ohio won a title with a 3rd string QB a few years ago so to say they can't win is wrong

Who says they can’t? I just don’t think they are better than Texas, bama, OSU or UGA with their best Qb out. I think it’s much harder to say they if they played today against OSU, bama, UGA or Texas that they’d beat any of those teams. I think they’ll get in if they win. Just have a feeling Michigan will plaster them if they are the 4. I’d say Washington would do the same if that’s the 2 vs. 3 but i also saw Washington at home nearly lose to asu. And asu is awful. 

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

I don't think you can leave Georgia out.  

Why not? Alabama has to get in before they do and there are a few unbeaten teams to count, plus Texas.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Who says they can’t? I just don’t think they are better than Texas, bama, OSU or UGA with their best Qb out. I think it’s much harder to say they if they played today against OSU, bama, UGA or Texas that they’d beat any of those teams. I think they’ll get in if they win. Just have a feeling Michigan will plaster them if they are the 4. I’d say Washington would do the same if that’s the 2 vs. 3 but i also saw Washington at home nearly lose to asu. And asu is awful. 

I didn't say they couldn't just stating a fact.

Michigan would run for 300 yards vs Washington, their defense is really poor. Georgia's run defense this year has also been bad compared to other years. 

Michigan are +120 right now as the favorites and they should be. 

Just now, just relax said:

Why not? Alabama has to get in before they do and there are a few unbeaten teams to count, plus Texas.

Georgia is out. Between FSU, if they win, Bama and Texas

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Can't penalize them because their QB is hurt, if they go undefeated, they earned the spot over any team that has a loss.   In 2017, the Eagles' season was over because their QB got hurt... and yet... 

51QB2Qg77AL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Stories with underdogs are always better...

I think they are in if they win. I just don’t think anyone can say if they lined up to play any of those teams on the top 7 they’d win or be the favorite going into any of those games. 

nice thing about the nfl playoffs is it’s not chosen by a committee. I’m guessing if it was chosen by committee, the eagles probably wouldn’t have been 1 seed with a bye.  

27 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

At some point they are gonna go to 16 teams. The extra money is there when you get an extra 4 games doing so. But yeah until them we will have 2-3 teams 13-15 that’ll say they deserve it more then team 12 

12 teams is good.  The teams at 12, 13, 14, 15  can argue about who should be in but they have no shot at winning the championship. 

If there was 12 teams this year I could see 6-7 teams with a shot to win it all.....Georgia, Bama, Michigan, Ohio St., Washington, Oregon and Texas.  I'd put Florida St in there if Travis didn't get hurt. 

The teams ranked after that like Penn St, Oklahoma, LSU, Ole Miss would have a very low chance to win it all.

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

I get it but to me you should put in the 4 best teams.  Bama and Georgia are both in that category in my opinion.   They both play in the best and toughest conference in college.

They are the 2x defending champs and just lost for the 1st time by 3.  

You might be right but I'd be very surprised if they leave Georgia out.

What they did in previous years should have NO impact on this year.   Or, maybe TCU should be in the discussion too.  Last year they beat Michigan in the playoff, so it would have to be open for discussion... 

What I don't want is what always seems to happen... its the same teams, year after year. 

Last year's 4... Alabama, Georgia, Michigan.... and TCU.

This year, it could be:  Alabama, Georgia, Michigan.... and Washington.

An argument could be made for Oregon, who has only been unable to get past Washington.  And, if that's not a good enough defense for Oregon, then maybe Georgia shouldn't get in because they couldn't get past Alabama.

Every year it's the same... I get annoyed by too many SEC teams in the playoff.  And with Texas going to the SEC, that's not going anywhere.  It will be a 12 team tournament, but somehow they will likely land 5, maybe even 6 teams in the dance.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

What they did in previous years should have NO impact on this year.   Or, maybe TCU should be in the discussion too.  Last year they beat Michigan in the playoff, so it would have to be open for discussion... 

What I don't want is what always seems to happen... its the same teams, year after year. 

Last year's 4... Alabama, Georgia, Michigan.... and TCU.

This year, it could be:  Alabama, Georgia, Michigan.... and Washington.

An argument could be made for Oregon, who has only been unable to get past Washington.  And, if that's not a good enough defense for Oregon, then maybe Georgia shouldn't get in because they couldn't get past Alabama.

Every year it's the same... I get annoyed by too many SEC teams in the playoff.  And with Texas going to the SEC, that's not going anywhere.  It will be a 12 team tournament, but somehow they will likely land 5, maybe even 6 teams in the dance.

Best win of the year is still Texas going to Bama and winning and they won a conference. 

I didn't say they couldn't just stating a fact.

Michigan would run for 300 yards vs Washington, their defense is really poor. Georgia's run defense this year has also been bad compared to other years. 

Michigan are +120 right now as the favorites and they should be. 

Yeah i think Michigan is the best team in the country currently. And they are deserving of that. Credit to them cause they faced the head coach been suspended multiple games this year yet kept rolling. I think they are the most complete team. Washington is really good but they also are vulnerable. it’s why Wazzu and asu who both finished below .500 nearly went into Washington and won. Now they do play their best when they face the best so I’m guessing in the playoff whoever they face gets their best shot 

23 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Wait you think Bama is better than Michigan or Washington? Just stop 

Neither Georgia and Bama are their elite selves

Washington has been just getting by lately even against unranked teams. 

I don't think it's a given Washington would beat Bama.  

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think they are in if they win. I just don’t think anyone can say if they lined up to play any of those teams on the top 7 they’d win or be the favorite going into any of those games. 

nice thing about the nfl playoffs is it’s not chosen by a committee. I’m guessing if it was chosen by committee, the eagles probably wouldn’t have been 1 seed with a bye.  

You are right.   And that's why the NCAA system drives me nuts.   It has always driven me nuts and they have YET to get it right.   The 12 team tournament is close... but it's still going to be bad, but at least with that, there should be no conference winners on the outside looking in, and any undefeated team, like UCF a few years ago, should get an invite.  

I hated the BCS system too... but loved when the little guys got their chance to shine.  Loved watching Boise St. win in the Fiesta Bowl.

Archived