EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, BirdGang45 said:

Fsu simply just isnt one of the 4 best teams. especially without their QB. You think they are going to leave the SEC Champ out? plus a SEC champ who knocked off the #1 team that nobody else could? 

I'm not talking about what they will do, but what they SHOULD do.  FSU earned it over Alabama and Georgia.  Sorry.  I'm sick of this style points, and subjective rankings.   Prove it on the field.   FSU being undefeated means they had a better season than Alabama and Georgia.   Does the best team always win?  No.  If they did, there would never be any upsets.   And upsets are what makes the game worth watching... if games always went to the favorite, then there'd be no point in watching...ever.  

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Technically Texas is a sec team next year… lol 

true, so technically two SEC champs lol 

All I know is if people want Alabama in the playoffs, then you better want Texas in the playoffs. they have the best win in college football as they went to Alabama and beat them by 10.

If you put Alabama in there over Texas, then you’re basically telling texas that game didn’t really matter. Which, if that’s the case, why is Texas even scheduling that game. Basically, it could only hurt them and not help them. That’s essentially what you’re telling them if they are left out and bama gets in over them 

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

Florida St can get in.

Problem is they will most likely get beat by 21+.

Ok.  Does that mean that they shouldn't get their shot?  They earned it over the others.

So I took my young adult son to to the Big 12 Championship today. His first D1 college game. It was outstanding. Pennsylvania native Warren Zeiders sang the National Anthem, also outstanding, it helps he’s one of my favorite new artists.

I’m biased of course but Texas is talented and deep. They’ve been playing their best ball of the year the last two weeks. Their only loss was to OU on neutral field. Their only close wins (2) were when they had QB2 starting/playing, and one of those was against a ranked team.

I can see where they get left out but I think they’ve earned a spot.

94E62AB7-2373-4CE3-9769-4154553ECA0A.jpeg

2EFB8790-50F3-4C21-811E-AFC7ACEE7594.jpeg

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

All I know is the Big Ten needs to stop having a division where like the 3-4th best team in the conference wins it every year and plays Michigan or Ohio state. i am pretty tired of  watching the 4th best team in the conference get destroy by Michigan or Ohio state. It’s been this way the last 6 years. Also iowa is basically like watching the panthers on offense every week lol 

They are adding Oregon, Washington and USC so one of those teams will be playing Michigan or Ohio St instead of Iowa.

Unless they are mixing up the divisions.  They should get rid of divisions and just do the 2 best teams in the conference championship. 

What's the objective with the CFP? Is it the best teams or some other criteria? I know they weigh H2H and conference championships, but come the hell on, we don't need another TCU this year.

Michigan, Georgia, and Alabama should make it. They all have good wins and can beat any team, anywhere.

Who's taking FSU or Washington on a neutral field over any of the above? Texas, fine. So there's your top 4.

2 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Putting FSU in over Georgia would be stupid. Georgia has one loss after not having lost for multiple years.

What did Clint Eastwood say to Gene Hackman in the dramatic scene at the end of Unforgiven? "Well, he shoulda armed himself!"

Georgia shoulda won tonight if they wanna make the playoffs ahead of UNDEFEATED winners of other conferences. The world doesn't revolve around the mighty SEC. They're not entitled to having TWO teams in the tournament "just because". And if they pick Georgia over Alabama, then what the hell did tonight's game even mean? It'd be as though it were a glorified exhibition game, not too dissimilar to an annual August game between the Eagles and Jets.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I'm not talking about what they will do, but what they SHOULD do.  FSU earned it over Alabama and Georgia.  Sorry.  I'm sick of this style points, and subjective rankings.   Prove it on the field.   FSU being undefeated means they had a better season than Alabama and Georgia.   Does the best team always win?  No.  If they did, there would never be any upsets.   And upsets are what makes the game worth watching... if games always went to the favorite, then there'd be no point in watching...ever.  

yes they should let FSU in but their resume isnt that great & they have lost they starting QB. also they arent making a great case tonight to be one of the four teams. they also dont want a repeat of what happened last year with TCU. that was one of the things kirk was saying on a podcast. TCU got dog walked by Georgia. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

All I know is if people want Alabama in the playoffs, then you better want Texas in the playoffs. they have the best win in college football as they went to Alabama and beat them by 10.

If you put Alabama in there over Texas, then you’re basically telling texas that game didn’t really matter. Which, if that’s the case, why is Texas even scheduling that game. Basically, it could only hurt them and not help them. That’s essentially what you’re telling them if they are left out and bama gets in over them 

Texas & Bama are a package deal plus they have the team best wins. 

You know these games suck when the best part is the halftime Dr Pepper challenge.  Darcy got the adrenaline going making it close with Sid.  

If FSU would just lose  it would make it a helluva lot easier on the committee.  If not, they will probably get in and get slaughtered.  

Just now, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

What did Clint Eastwood say to Gene Hackman in the dramatic scene at the end of Unforgiven? "Well, he shoulda armed himself!"

Georgia shoulda won tonight if they wanna make the playoffs ahead of UNDEFEATED winners of other conferences. The world doesn't revolve around the mighty SEC. They're not entitled to having TWO teams in the tournament "just because". And if they pick Georgia over Alabama, then what the hell did tonight's game even mean? It'd be as though it were a glorified exhibition game, not too dissimilar to an annual August game between the Eagles and Jets.

SEC teams are publicly graded on a curve because it's the damn SEC. Texas and FSU had softball conference championship games.

14 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

They are adding Oregon, Washington and USC so one of those teams will be playing Michigan or Ohio St instead of Iowa.

Unless they are mixing up the divisions.  They should get rid of divisions and just do the 2 best teams in the conference championship. 

It will change, but they should’ve changed like six years ago. It’s been this way pretty much 5 of the last 6 years. They should’ve done like the Pac 12 (one thing they did right)  just get rid of the divisions. They did it because they weren’t getting the 2 best teams. That’s why you got Washington and Oregon this year. Otherwise it would’ve been Washington vs. Arizona (would be pac 12 south champion).  

2 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

What's the objective with the CFP? Is it the best teams or some other criteria? I know they weigh H2H and conference championships, but come the hell on, we don't need another TCU this year.

Michigan, Georgia, and Alabama should make it. They all have good wins and can beat any team, anywhere.

Who's taking FSU or Washington on a neutral field over any of the above? Texas, fine. So there's your top 4.

that was one of the arguments against FSU they dont want another TCU situation. or FSU in 2014 when they werent one of the best teams & Oregon smoked them in the Rose Bowl . 

Just now, Saltpeter said:

SEC teams are publicly graded on a curve because it's the damn SEC. Texas and FSU had softball conference championship games.

Texas beat the SEC champion this year already so…

Bryce Harper really just needs 1 pitch to tie this game up. 

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Ok.  Does that mean that they shouldn't get their shot?  They earned it over the others.

Yeah they can get their chance.  I just don't think it will go well w/o Travis.  

Hope I'm wrong.  As a fan I just want to see the best teams and most competitive games possible. 

Is everyone Else getting the game broadcast with two different camera angles and a third of the screen on the bottom with player stats? Is this just an ACC thing?

9 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Texas went to bama and beat bama by 10. Hard pressed to tell me that game doesn’t matter so Georgia and bama deserve in. They went to Alabama and BEAT Alabama by two scores. 

if you leave Texas out over bama it’s basically like saying that game didn’t matter. So why did Texas even show up and play it? They had nothing to gain by it and only could’ve gotten hurt by it.

Frankly this becomes much easier if Louisville wins and you can do Texas and bama. Unfortunate for Georgia but if bama handled their business of beating texas at home then UGA and bama are both in. 

10 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

You know these games suck when the best part is the halftime Dr Pepper challenge.  Darcy got the adrenaline going making it close with Sid.  

If FSU would just lose  it would make it a helluva lot easier on the committee.  If not, they will probably get in and get slaughtered.  

It’s fun at that bar in iowa that’s giving free beers until iowa scores a point. They might get free beer until their bowl game 

19 minutes ago, BirdGang45 said:

Fsu simply just isnt one of the 4 best teams. especially without their QB. You think they are going to leave the SEC Champ out? plus a SEC champ who knocked off the #1 team that nobody else could? 

I don't think the argument is whether they "ARE" going to leave out the SEC Champ. It's whether they "SHOULD" leave them out. And no, I don't think Alabama should be kept out. But Georgia sure as hell should be kept out because they didn't win their conference. It's pretty f'n simple really.

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Bryce Harper really just needs 1 pitch to tie this game up. 

BRYCE!!! Lol

3 minutes ago, Joe Ball said:

Is everyone Else getting the game broadcast with two different camera angles and a third of the screen on the bottom with player stats? Is this just an ACC thing?

I'm getting the one with player stats on ACC network. 

ABC just has the regular broadcast. 

11 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Tonight's game shouldn't mean anything though. It's not part of the playoff. If they want this to count directly for the next round, then it should be part of the playoff. But the final 4 is a separate entity. The way they judge the teams, they pick the best teams. Georgia still had a better and more dominant season than Alabama. I don't think you can count a loss more on a team just because it's more recent.

That said, one thing I think we can all agree on is if Georgia had James Franklin as their coach, they win this game 60-0.

Archived