EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I don't think the argument is whether they "ARE" going to leave out the SEC Champ. It's whether they "SHOULD" leave them out. And no, I don't think Alabama should be kept out. But Georgia sure as hell should be kept out because they didn't win their conference. It's pretty f'n simple really.

no they shouldnt we agree. Bama easily has the best win of the season. now with Georgia i wouldnt be mad if they got in, but i dont think they do. 

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Thank you.  I agree.  

Clearly Washington has a better record by 1 game.  Yes the Pac-12 as a conference had a nice year but people feel the SEC is the better and tougher conference.  Whether you agree or disagree this year it's the narrative that's out there.

WHO!?! Who are these people. SEC is not elite this year 

1 minute ago, BirdGang45 said:

no they shouldnt we agree. Bama easily has the best win of the season. now with Georgia i wouldnt be mad if they got in, but i dont think they do. 

Imo beating bama in Tuscaloosa is a more impressive win than beating Georgia in a "neutral site”. But frankly i also think those two games might be the two most impressive wins in college football this year. 

35 minutes ago, BirdGang45 said:

Bama

Texas

Washington

Michigan(only because they are undefeated)

those are the best 4, but Georgia forsure will be tough for them to keep out. 

Wait, you think Michigan is only getting in because they are undefeated? I'm sorry, but this is a stupid take like stupid stupid.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Imo beating bama in Tuscaloosa is a more impressive win than beating Georgia in a "neutral site”. But frankly i also think those two games might be the two most impressive wins in college football this year. 

Dude is comiing off with heavy heavy SEC bias.

Texas has the best win of the year and it was Saban's worst loss at home EVER

Idk the last time I was this nervous and excited for a regular season game in my life. Truly feels like a playoff game.

Texas > Bama > Georgia

If FSU wins they’re in. Just the way it will work.

UM, UW, FSU, Texas

Paul Finebaum’s head will explode. If that happens.

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

WHO!?! Who are these people. SEC is not elite this year 

SEC has that reputation.  They aren't elite this year, NO but they are always regarded as the best conference.  

SEC has 3 teams in the top 10 same with Big10.

SEC has 5 teams in the top 25.  Pac 12 has 4.  Big 10 has 4.

Pretty much everywhere you look the SEC is regarded as the best conference.   

Now you don't agree and not everyone agrees but most feel SEC is king.

AJ Brown better have a huge game after he came to that low life Deebo's defense but not to his own teammate's defense.  You are named a captain because every one is scared of yoru blowup if they don't then you better at least act like a team captain and have your teammate's back over your friend who is on the opposing team that has been talking nonstop crap and targeting Bradberry for no reason.  

4 minutes ago, Joe Ball said:

Texas > Bama > Georgia

If FSU wins they’re in. Just the way it will work.

UM, UW, FSU, Texas

Paul Finebaum’s head will explode. If that happens.

Yeah, it’s probably where I am at.

You surely can’t keep an undefeated major conference winner out for a 1-loss champion.

Then after that, the Texas win over Bama reigns supreme. 

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

SEC has that reputation.  They aren't elite this year, NO but they are always regarded as the best conference.  

SEC has 3 teams in the top 10 same with Big10.

SEC has 5 teams in the top 25.  Pac 12 has 4.  Big 10 has 4.

Pretty much everywhere you look the SEC is regarded as the best conference.   

Now you don't agree and not everyone agrees but most feel SEC is king.

I could careless about reputation, I care about the play on the field and Georiga and Bama are not the best teams in the country nor in the Top 4

21 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Wait, you think Michigan is only getting in because they are undefeated? I'm sorry, but this is a stupid take like stupid stupid.

yes michigan isnt that great. idc if you think its stupid. they would get smoked by georgia or Bama even Texas. just like they did last year against TCU. if they had one lose they wouldnt get in. SOS is beyond weak. 

20 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

nah that Bama team to start the year wasnt that good. they got better as the year went on. this bama beats texas by 10 

6 minutes ago, BirdGang45 said:

nah that Bama team to start the year wasnt that good. they got better as the year went on. this bama beats texas by 10 

You’re basically saying Texas don’t play that game because it’s not gonna matter to you if you win because we’re just gonna discount it. And if you lose well, you were supposed to lose. So why did  Texas schedule that Fing game? Basically, your reasoning is exactly that. Texas shouldn’t even showed up to the game because it wasn’t gonna help them. It was only gonna hurt them. So we should just get rid of all nonconference games. And just every team plays a full conference slate of 12 (-‘ws instead of facing teams out of conference because Texas going to Alabama doesn’t matter anymore.

also, they beat Texas by 10 now? So when I saw Alabama need a 4th down and forever type play to wind up beating an average Auburn by 3 last week means they’d beat Texas by 10? So we overlook that game cause this week they beat UGA

As someone said previously, I think @e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!, Louisville can make this much easier for the committee by winning tonight.

Then the committee can screw it up, really this year they are in a no win situation. I would be incredibly surprised if the SEC got left out.

2 minutes ago, BirdGang45 said:

yes michigan isnt that great. idc if you think its stupid. they would get smoked by georgia or Bama even Texas. just like they did last year against TCU 

Yeah, this is a stupid take. Michigan's defense is the best unit in the playoffs

I love how you keep bringing up previous years like they are relevant to this year.

Like a truly a dumb take, go into an opponents stadium and said nah we don't need to pass the 2nd half, but not good

Your dope biases are showing thru and its embarrassing 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

You’re basically saying Texas don’t play that game because it’s not gonna matter to you if you win because we’re just gonna discounted. And if you lose well, you were supposed to lose any weight. So why did  Texas schedule that Fing game? Basically, your reasoning is exactly that. Texas shouldn’t even showed up to the game because it wasn’t gonna help them. It was only gonna hurt them.

no im saying it was a good win but this Bama team isnt the same team. thats all 

Yeah, this is a stupid take. Michigan's defense is the best unit in the playoffs

I love how you keep bringing up previous years like they are relevant to this year.

Like a truly a dumb take, go into an opponents stadium and said nah we don't need to pass the 2nd half, but not good

They are really good, I wouldn’t say the best. They’ve been defending Big10 teams all year. I mean look at Iowa…when did they score a TD last?

1 minute ago, BirdGang45 said:

no im saying it was a good win but this Bama team isnt the same team. thats all 

but you’re basically saying if it came down to Texas and Bama, you put bama in cause they different team now and that win doesn’t mean much to you no. Texas isn’t a better team now? Meanwhile bama nearly lost to auburn last week. So that 10 point narrative may be true but it might also just be BS as they nearly lost to a team worse than Texas a week ago. 

ok they defense is good. against Ohio St & a bunch of bums. again they had the weakest SOS of any of the teams. idc what they did against Ohio St. they QB was bad all year. 

because i dont think Michigan is great my take is stupid gotcha. 

also not a fan of any of the teams that are in. just dont think Michigan isnt that great of team. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

but you’re basically saying if it came down to Texas and Bama, you put bama in cause they different team now and that win doesn’t mean much to you no. Texas isn’t a better team now? Meanwhile bama nearly lost to auburn last week. So that 10 point narrative may be true but it might also just be BS as they nearly lost to a team worse than Texas a week ago. 

no im not i would put both in bro. i literally had Texas in my top 4. if it came down to it i would put texas just because of the H2H. But yes if they played now i would take Bama. yes & Texas almost lost to Houston & KState 

Jessie Palmer just said the same thing i did about Texas not getting in over bama if that’s the case. Why did they even schedule the game if it wasn’t going to matter in the decision 

13 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I could careless about reputation, I care about the play on the field and Georiga and Bama are not the best teams in the country nor in the Top 4

One of them will be 😄

So in your opinion what's the best conference this year?

Archived