EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

19 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Frankly i think they’ll make the tough decision and axe Florida state so bama and Texas get in. If that happens I’m the committee i hope Florida state plays Georgia in a bowl game. So if Georgia destroys them i think there’s less people questioning it after the fact 

Sounds like a great idea.  Give Florida St vs Georgia and let them prove it.

ACC is the weakest of the power 5 and FSU played a weak schedule.  Also the committee has to look at how teams are playing currently and they haven't looked good the last few weeks without Travis.

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A win tomorrow is so huge for the rest of the season.  A loss makes it so much more dangerous while still climbing to the mountain top of this difficult run. 

Also if the Eagles lose tomorrow the national media and wider football audience will then full on discredit the Eagles NFC Championship last year over Purdy getting injured on his fumble.  

5 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Sounds like a great idea.  Give Florida St vs Georgia and let them prove it.

ACC is the weakest of the power 5 and FSU played a weak schedule.  Also the committee has to look at how teams are playing currently and they haven't looked good the last few weeks without Travis.

That's the 63-0 playoff game no one wants to see.

7 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Wouldn’t be a playoff game. Would be a bowl game outside of the playoff like orange bowl, fiesta bowl or cotton bowl. That happens i feel more people will justify the decision by the committee to leave FSU out. If they leave FSU in the playoff and Michigan or Washington beats them down then committee is never gonna hear the end of it (not that it matters cause it is what it is) 

18 minutes ago, BirdGang45 said:

gotcha so you are a upset Michigan fan. no i just think regardless of the loss Bama & Georgia are still two of the best teams in CFB. because my opinon differs from you i have to be a clown lmao 

also go back & read my post of my top 4. i said with Michigan those are the best 4. but youre being emotional & just assume that i had Georgia in the top 4.

You said Michigan is only in the top 4 because they are undefeated basically insinuating they didn't play a tough schedule nor or a good team, which isn't the case. 

Georgia's best win is at home vs Missouri

Just stop

17 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

A win tomorrow is so huge for the rest of the season.  A loss makes it so much more dangerous while still climbing to the mountain top of this difficult run. 

Also if the Eagles lose tomorrow the national media and wider football audience will then full on discredit the Eagles NFC Championship last year over Purdy getting injured on his fumble.  

What does last year have anything to do with anything. 

San Fran is not a scary place to play and Vegas deems home field advantage worth one point since COVID basically saying home field advantage isnt what it was. They will be fine either way. 

Damn they won’t let me make a parlay with fsu to make it, bama to moss and Texas to make it 

IMG_9796.jpeg

7 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

San Fran is not a scary place to play and Vegas deems home field advantage worth one point since COVID basically saying home field advantage isnt what it was. They will be fine either way. 

What does Covid have to do with HFA? 

8 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Traveling across country isn't a benefit, meanwhile playing the NFC Championship at home is.

I think a huge benefit for the Eagles tomorrow is having so many Alabama and Georgia guys on the roster.  Especially younger guys from those schools although they do have Julio too.  Some are going to be amped and some angry after that SEC Championship tonight and the trashing talking that goes on between teammates over that.  I think they are going to have a high stakes championship level game focus tomorrow and I think the home atmosphere will match that.  

47 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You said Michigan is only in the top 4 because they are undefeated basically insinuating they didn't play a tough schedule nor or a good team, which isn't the case. 

Georgia's best win is at home vs Missouri

Just stop

we can agree to disagree on Michigan. im insinuating that their two best wins were against teams that imo were frauds. Penn st & OSU. their defense is good but their offense is sus. probably their worse qb play in 5 years? maybe more

then we can disagree on Georgia being one of the top 4 teams. idc i still think they are one of the best 4 football teams in CFB. i have more faith in Georgia then i do Michigan until i see them do something in the playoffs. what they did this year hasnt shown me anything because they did the same thing last year. then ran into a team that could score & got dog walked. 

26 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Most likely.   But it will show Florida St didn't belong in the CFP.

If FSU makes it a game or even wins then the committee made a mistake not putting them in.

31 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Long as they get the bye couldn't careless about regular season Superbowls.

This Southern Illinois vs. Idaho game has been good. 17-17 with 3 minutes left and S. Illinois is driving.  

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

This Southern Illinois vs. Idaho game has been good. 17-17 with 3 minutes left and S. Illinois is driving.  

We got OVERTIME!!! Blocked field goal by Idaho 

25 minutes ago, judunno said:

Long as they get the bye couldn't careless about regular season Superbowls.

That's the thing.  Win tomorrow pretty much locks up the bye.  A loss loses them that bye if they then lose to Dallas on the road when Dallas has had extra time to prepare as well.  

But there could be benefit to getting the #2 seed instead of the #1 seed if the Eagles hold onto the division.  Avoid the Cowboys in the divisional round and instead play the Lions playing in Philly in January before setting up a NFC Championship Game against the 49ers.  But still the rest of the bye week and homefield advantage throughout makes the #1 seed the top score even if Dallas in round 2. 

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

We got OVERTIME!!! Blocked field goal by Idaho 

Idaho wins it on a FG in overtime 

also

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Idaho wins it on a FG in overtime 

also

SNOWBOWL!!!!!! our game against the Lions in the snow was one of my favorites lol 

Sunday Morning Predictions Update

86 predictions recorded thus far.  60 for an Eagles win and 25 for a 49ers win and one Bonus prediction with no score.  The Average Predicted Score continues to be an Eagles win by the score of 27-24.

As always, please tag your prediction post with @mattwill that way I will be sure to see/record it.  Score predictions can also have an optional "Bonus Pick" tiebreaker prediction.  So far over the course of the season 126 different EMB posters have made at least one prediction. 

14 more predictions needed to get to 100 predictions submitted this week!

Since it is Gameday ... 13 hours until Kickoff ... the list of the predictions is presented in game score order.  If you don't see your score there, then I haven't yet recorded a prediction for you.

1194115318_Screenshot2023-12-03at12_35_56AM.thumb.png.8761aa572d8bf494506e841f08d126b9.png
324850885_Screenshot2023-12-03at12_36_35AM.thumb.png.817c0091f7b5a13e8aa5d5c289c0db11.png
195442687_Screenshot2023-12-03at12_36_50AM.thumb.png.0bf15804b0d7a3b111ebafd71191a982.png
495205746_Screenshot2023-12-03at1_02_06AM.png.72bee1a18aa45c7cf866181fcf744b81.png
1492789640_Screenshot2023-12-03at1_02_23AM.png.9d77cde704b53ce261840d8d26fc5580.png

56 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Sunday Morning Predictions Update

86 predictions recorded thus far.  60 for an Eagles win and 25 for a 49ers win and one Bonus prediction with no score.  The Average Predicted Score continues to be an Eagles win by the score of 27-24.

As always, please tag your prediction post with @mattwill that way I will be sure to see/record it.  Score predictions can also have an optional "Bonus Pick" tiebreaker prediction.  So far over the course of the season 126 different EMB posters have made at least one prediction. 

14 more predictions needed to get to 100 predictions submitted this week!

Since it is Gameday ... 13 hours until Kickoff ... the list of the predictions is presented in game score order.  If you don't see your score there, then I haven't yet recorded a prediction for you.

324850885_Screenshot2023-12-03at12_36_35AM.thumb.png.817c0091f7b5a13e8aa5d5c289c0db11.png
195442687_Screenshot2023-12-03at12_36_50AM.thumb.png.0bf15804b0d7a3b111ebafd71191a982.png
495205746_Screenshot2023-12-03at1_02_06AM.png.72bee1a18aa45c7cf866181fcf744b81.png
1492789640_Screenshot2023-12-03at1_02_23AM.png.9d77cde704b53ce261840d8d26fc5580.png

Did you get Embiid's prediction?

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Game today

Totally amped for the game, but I do admit that my mind says we will lose as the 9ers are healthier, more rest and better defense. It would be a tough matchup if both were full strength, but now we are hobbled and they’re not so much.

hope I’m wrong🙈🤷‍♂️

Archived