EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

20 minutes ago, Frankfurteagle89 said:

Totally amped for the game, but I do admit that my mind says we will lose as the 9ers are healthier, more rest and better defense. It would be a tough matchup if both were full strength, but now we are hobbled and they’re not so much.

hope I’m wrong🙈🤷‍♂️

You are

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

You are

Sign me up! In this case, I want to be totally wrong!😎😉

If this is going to be a W today then both the OL and DL will need to be at their very best.

Mailata will be a key today and Kelce will need to hold up against Hargrave trying to bull rush him straight up the middle.

Stopping the run from the get go will be the prime requirement for the DL.  They can worry about getting to Purdy as the game goes along

The wild card is Hurts knee.  It looked better last week.   If he can run freely then I think Hurts could keep the Birds in the game and setup another nail biter even if the lines don't clearly dominate.

Today comes down to the lines and Hurts.  Another wasted first half by Hurts and the offense will not leave them a chance to get back in it this time.

The pass rush has been admirable this year, but I’d argue they really haven’t terrorized anyone.  Today they need that.

And the OL needs to keep Hurts clean against the best DL in football.

eagles-vs-49ers.png

It's Week 13 and THE GAUNTLET GAMES are coming to a close.  There were so many in the Media that were so sure this stretch would trip up the Eagles but low and behold.  They are 5-0 since the Gauntlet Games begun and have the Best Record in the NFL through 13 weeks (For the 2nd year in a row). Now they are down to the final Three Games of this Brutal Stretch before the Eagles finish the year off with GMen, Gannon, GMen.    49ers are next on the list.   The Birds have another Rematch on the docket.   This time it's an NFC Championship Rematch.    The Eagles and 49ers have a long history dating back Decades.   49ers lead the All Time Series 20-15-1.   With that said, the Eagles are 9-3 over the last 11 matchups.  We heard it all offseason  "But if Purdy was there", "We should have won", "We are the rightful NFC Champs" Blah, Blah, Blah.   The bottom line the Eagles were better than and they are better now.   I think the 49ers are a good team with a lot of weapons.   This will definitely be a battle.  With that said, the Eagles have been on a tear during the Gauntlet Games.   5-0 knocking down Miami, Dallas, KC in Arrowhead and The Bills.   

Nobody in the League has had a stretch like this and passed every test.  They are averaging over 35 PPG during this Win Streak.  They are also giving up about 24 PPG in that process.    I think this is the game we've been waiting for.  I expect the Eagles to completely dominate the 49ers again.   If the 49ers have one weakness, it's their O-Line.   I think the Guys will get home today.   Purdy is a good manager but everything has to go right for him to be a success.   He rarely has to play from behind and when he does, we saw what happen.  3 Straight Losses.  To put that into context, the Eagles have only lost 2 Regular Season Games in 2 Calendar Years with Jalen under center.   14 Straight Wins against Teams with Winning Records.   That doesn't change today. The Birds have been in Thriller after Thriller.   Sure I wouldn't be shocked if this is another Thriller but I think the Birds are due for a Big Dominating Performance. The Eagles are also 5-0 at Home this year and 13-1 when Jalen Starts over the last two years.    I expect the 49ers to put up a big fight but the Eagles will be too much on both sides of the ball.  I also expect Defense to force Purdy into some mistakes.   The running game should be strong today too.  Also AJ is due for a big game, today is that day.  49ers talk the talk but the Eagles walk to walk to 11-1 for the 2nd straight Season on DJAX Retirement Game.

BIRDS - 38

49ERS - 20

JALEN - RUSH TD x2

AJ - TD

DEVONTA - TD

SWIFT - RUSH TD

JAKE FG 

DEFENSE - INT, MULTIPLE SACKS, FUMBLE

The game of the season!  The 49ers is strong up and down the roster, play makers on offense and defense.  Watched last season game re-run which showed the wind was out of their sail after the QB injuries.  Our DL has to get to their QB to slow down their potent offense.  On offense, we need to run the ball and keep long drives, so that their offense is on the sideline.  This is a true test to our players.  Win or lose, we get to experience first-hand their strengths and weaknesses and better prepared for the future playoff match-up.

I don't care if the story has been fabricated for Hollywood. The initial tryout scene in Rudy is one of my favorite scenes of all time. 

10 hours ago, BirdGang45 said:

yes they should let FSU in but their resume isnt that great & they have lost they starting QB. also they arent making a great case tonight to be one of the four teams. they also dont want a repeat of what happened last year with TCU. that was one of the things kirk was saying on a podcast. TCU got dog walked by Georgia. 

Yeah... their RECORD is.  They belong.  Period.  Everything else you are talking about isn't about accomplishments, but about perceptions.   Sorry, that's not how it is supposed to work.  You get to the playoffs based on your SEASON as a whole, and on the whole, FSU is more deserving than the others because they are undefeated and won their conference.  All that other stuff is subjectivity and nonsense.

TCU EARNED the right to be there.  And because they earned the right to be there, they earned the right to benefit from the money involved.  Did the Chargers 'deserve' to be in the Super Bowl to get beat to a snot by the 49ers in 1994?   YES, because they earned it by winning their conference.   Did the Patriots 'deserve' to be in the Super Bowl to get curb stomped by the Bears in 1985?  Yup.  They won their conference.  Did the Broncos deserve to be there in 1987 when Washington curb stomped them?   Yes.   How about the Bills in 1994?   Yes.   

The way the game goes on the field in the final showdown does not determine who belongs and who does not.  ALL of the games leading up to it do.  And TCU earned the right to be in the National Championship game based on how their season went, and then added an exclamation point when they beat Michigan in the semi-finals.  FSU has also earned the right to get in, and the ACC and FSU should benefit monetarily for it.  Same goes for Texas, who beat Alabama, and therefore gets the tiebreaker in my book.   Both are conference champs, both have one loss, and one of them beat the other...  Eliminate the names and the conferences, and the answer to who belongs is a simple one.  The one who won the head to head matchup ON THE ROAD, deserves the nod over the one who lost to that team.

College Football playoffs need to be:  Michigan, Washington, FSU and Texas... any other schools involved means it was political (NCAA politics, not national government politics).  

No argument exists for Alabama to get in over an undefeated conference winner... and no argument exists for them to get in over Texas, a 1 loss conference winner (same as them, but having lost the head to head matchup).  And Georgia has no grounds to stand on, because they had the opportunity to earn their way in by winning their conference, and they failed to do that.  Too bad, so sad.    The games on the field should mean more than the meetings in a closed room.  It shouldn't be subjective... ever.  It should have objective criteria and whomever meets that objective criteria gets in.  They tried to do that with the BCS... but it was still poll driven.  It needs to be about records not resumes, accomplishments not perceptions.

10 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

They are adding Oregon, Washington and USC so one of those teams will be playing Michigan or Ohio St instead of Iowa.

Unless they are mixing up the divisions.  They should get rid of divisions and just do the 2 best teams in the conference championship. 

10 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It will change, but they should’ve changed like six years ago. It’s been this way pretty much 5 of the last 6 years. They should’ve done like the Pac 12 (one thing they did right)  just get rid of the divisions. They did it because they weren’t getting the 2 best teams. That’s why you got Washington and Oregon this year. Otherwise it would’ve been Washington vs. Arizona (would be pac 12 south champion).  

I'm pretty sure they are eliminating the divisions in the Big-'10' with this latest expansion. 

Funny part about all this Alabama/Georgia discussion is that no one is even discussing Ohio State (and rightly so), but they met as undefeated teams and one got knocked off, and is now out of consideration.  But, Ohio State's 1 loss is better than ANY of these other losses by any of these other teams.  They lost to '#1' in Michigan's stadium.   Alabama lost at home to Texas.   Georgia lost at a neutral field to Alabama.  Texas lost to Oklahoma on a neutral field.   And Ohio State took Michigan right down to the wire.   Yet... Ohio State isn't even in the discussion, yet not one but TWO SEC teams with very similar resumes are being discussed.

(people will say that Ohio State didn't have to play in a conference championship game, but the Ohio St. - Michigan game WAS the conference championship game!   And we saw this play out years ago... and the SEC got different rules then, and they continue to get different rules than the rest of the NCAA, because its the SEC. )

10 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Yeah they can get their chance.  I just don't think it will go well w/o Travis.  

Hope I'm wrong.  As a fan I just want to see the best teams and most competitive games possible. 

As a fan, I want to see the teams that have the best records get rewarded for it.  

Diehard UGA fan and alum here

They don't deserve to be anywhere near the CFP after losing last night.

Neither does Bama.

They lost to Texas.

Florida State shouldn't be penalized for their starting QB going down.

Michigan

Washington 

Florida State 

Texas

If the committee decides something else, shame on them.

Looking forward to the 12 team playoff in 2024.

46 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

NO WAY

More breaking news on game day huh?

9 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Diehard UGA fan and alum here

They don't deserve to be anywhere near the CFP after losing last night.

Neither does Bama.

They lost to Texas.

Florida State shouldn't be penalized for their starting QB going down.

Michigan

Washington 

Florida State 

Texas

If the committee decides something else, shame on them.

Looking forward to the 12 team playoff in 2024.

Looks like Vegas agrees 

Screenshot_20231203-092556.png

Archived