EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda weird there has been no rumblings about Godert or Cox, either playing or not. I was expecting some type of news dump by now. The silence has me feeling the Eagles are employing "competitive advantage” and neither will play. 

3 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Big 12 winner always gets blown out in the playoffs so Texas doesn't deserve it.

Maybe in years past but Texas has already beaten the SEC champ by double digits in their house this year.

Texas has the size, depth, talent, and play style along with coaching to change that narrative this year. They aren’t the typical spread it out, throw it, less physical team the Big 12 has been known for in the past. Their O & D fronts are big and physical and prepped for the move into the SEC. 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Kinda weird there has been no rumblings about Godert or Cox, either playing or not. I was expecting some type of news dump by now. The silence has me feeling the Eagles are employing "competitive advantage” and neither will play. 

Even "will not plays” tend to leak overnight from Schefter and Rap. 

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

As a fan, I want to see the teams that have the best records get rewarded for it.  

I understand completely but Florida St is in such a weird situation. 

They were talking last night late about the committee taking into effect if a team is missing star players or hasn't been looking good the last few weeks regardless if they're undefeated.  FSU falls into those categories but we will see what they do.

14 minutes ago, Joe Ball said:

Maybe in years past but Texas has already beaten the SEC champ by double digits in their house this year.

Texas has the size, depth, talent, and play style along with coaching to change that narrative this year. They aren’t the typical spread it out, throw it, less physical team the Big 12 has been known for in the past. Their O & D fronts are big and physical and prepped for the move into the SEC. 

Your sarcasm detector needs to be repaired.

I get that we all want to complain about the potential ban of the Tush Push. However, the video below is a completely different play then what the Eagles run. The Eagles have no less than 3 guys behind Hurts at all times during the play. You can argue that sometimes they don't even touch Hurts, which is valid, while other times they are aiding him, which is also valid. Before complaining that they let Brady do it, folks really need to look at a direct comparison. They are not the same.

46 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I don’t care about rewarding teams in the CFP, I want the teams that will offer the best matchups and most entertaining games. Did TCU deserve to make it last year? Yeah. But it ruined the national title game. FSU would get absolutely smoked by any of the other top teams if they got in and I don’t want one of the games ruined. I’m selfish I only care about entertainment value.

The best matchups would be Michigan, Texas, Georgia, Alabama… rightly or wrongly.

I agree with you, but the alternative is ruining the regular season.  Everyone more or less knows the 4 powerhouse teams at the beginning of the year.  If they are just automatic bids because they’ll make for the best playoff, then it becomes an NBA regular season.

48 minutes ago, GoEagles614 said:

Yes. Washington has never matched up vs them well. Michigan has proved to flop in the playoff they also haven’t played anyone good all season. OSU’s QB is an atrocious player, and they’re (OSU) lacking top end talent yet they beat them by 6 at home. 

Why they have the 2nd hardest SOS of the year, so great take. 

Who has Georgia played and beat? Missouri hahahahahahahahaha

32 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What I think as well. 

40 minutes ago, Joe Ball said:

Washington is easily in that tier along with Ohio St.

Baffles me that people think Georgia deserves a spot in the top 4. They have struggled most of the year vs decent teams and when had an opportunity to beat a good team they lost. Lost to same team that needed a miracle to beat a bad Auburn team. 

19 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Your sarcasm detector needs to be repaired.

Again?! I’m trying man, really I am. I’m still getting to know all you guys. My bad.

3 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Anyone have an Athletic sub? Mine ran out.

It's the same stuff that's been posted here. Possible Tush Push ban and Leonard deciding after Eagles/49ers.

6 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Literally nothing of interest.

Cowboys/Eagles brought in Leonard who passed both physicals. He’s making a decision and both will know by tomorrow if not sooner. 

49ers say they have a good plan for the tush push.

that’s it 

9 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Berman must not have had internet access yesterday. 

58 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Well said, but I think we all know that it's going to be Michigan, Washington, Alabama, and Georgia. The SEC is deserving of multiple spots because it's the bestest conference in college football. The ACC doesn't count unless Clemson is their winner (they're viewed as a pseudo SEC team), and the Big 12 winner always gets blown out in the playoffs so Texas doesn't deserve it.

tbh the big 10 outside of Ohio state has been miserable in the CFP. The other 3 teams that have made it are 0-3 with an average defeat of 22.3 points. I tend to think Michigan changes that this year though. 

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Literally nothing of interest.

Cowboys/Eagles brought in Leonard who passed both physicals. He’s making a decision and both will know by tomorrow if not sooner. 

49ers say they have a good plan for the tush push.

that’s it 

49ers plan probably includes taking a cheap shot and trying to get hurts ejected 

19 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Baffles me that people think Georgia deserves a spot in the top 4. They have struggled most of the year vs decent teams and when had an opportunity to beat a good team they lost. Lost to same team that needed a miracle to beat a bad Auburn team. 

Yeh, the SEC is not as strong as in years past, even if by a little bit. This is the first year the transfer portal has really affected the talent level in the SEC (other programs as well) IMO. A lot of players left to go to other programs to get more playing time/exposure for NFL draft stock. 

The SEC is still the measuring stick though for talent, look at the number of players drafted to the league from the SEC. 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Will Lebron Leonard reveal his decision live on air?

I’m taking my talents to…

I’ll let y’all know tomorrow, or the next day…

Archived