EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

And now one of the more dumber things about college football is waiting a month for these teams to play.  

I'm hoping next year with more teams there is maybe 1 week or 2 weeks tops where the teams are off.  Being off for an entire month is stupid.

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 315Eagles said:

And now one of the more dumber things about college football is waiting a month for these teams to play.  

I'm hoping next year with more teams there is maybe 1 week or 2 weeks tops where the teams are off.  Being off for an entire month is stupid.

Couldn't agree more

3 hours ago, Joe Ball said:

That’s really the debate from all the media coverage I’ve seen, there are two choices:

1. Pick the best 4 teams that are playing the best ball right now.

2. Pick the 4 team that have the best body of work over the course of the season.

Tough decisions, and they do have guidelines they’re supposed to follow. One for instance is they’re supposed to consider the availability of players.

It’s just a mess really and a couple of teams and their fans will come away upset, and rightfully so.

Not tough at all, when it is objectively defined who should go and it is objectively applied.   The NCAA makes it complicated, because their goal is neither one of your two choices listed... their choice is always the same... how do we maximize $$$.  

FSU got screwed this year.   Plain and simple.   And once again, Alabama gets in when they shouldn't, for reasons outside of their control.   They are in due to an injury to a QB for another team which makes that team less desirable, not less deserving... 100% less desirable.   And its BS.   Now I need to decide if I will protest and not watch the CFP.   I think I have to and it won't mean a thing to them, but it will to me.

5 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Can you blame them? Who wants to play a Saban team this time of the year? 

I think they fully believed they were gonna get Florida state. I don’t think they believed the CFP committee would ultimately axe Fsu. I thought last night it would happen. This comes down to straight up viewers and money. Michigan vs. bama brings more eyes and more money than Florida state without Travis. That’s reality. Committee will never publicly say it but really it’s always about the money 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think they fully believed they were gonna get Florida state. I don’t think they believed the CFP committee would ultimately axe Fsu. I thought last night it would happen. This comes down to straight up viewers and money. Michigan vs. bama brings more eyes and more money than Florida state without Travis. That’s reality. 

I agree with you. I didn't think FSU was getting in last night either. Travis getting hurt put them out

They probably got the best set of games they could. 

But they didn’t get the 4 teams that earn’t it - it’s all based on subjective projecting. It’s like leaving the Eagles 2017 team out of the playoffs not based on record but because how **** our offence looked vs Raiders and Cowboys after Wentz got hurt. 

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Well said, but I think we all know that it's going to be Michigan, Washington, Alabama, and Georgia. The SEC is deserving of multiple spots because it's the bestest conference in college football. The ACC doesn't count unless Clemson is their winner (they're viewed as a pseudo SEC team), and the Big 12 winner always gets blown out in the playoffs so Texas doesn't deserve it.

But its rather circular, they get the most money, because they get the bias... which gives them opportunities to recruit better talent... so that they can have better teams, so that they get the favoritism, and get the most money and get the better talent... and on and on.

No one wants to watch another Georgia vs TCU game. That's what would've happen if FSU got in

Just now, Godfather said:

No one wants to watch another Georgia vs TCU game. That's what would've happen if FSU got in

That is just speculation on your part.

4 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

FSU is more deserving

this right here is true. but sadly they have already come out & said they dont care about most deserving. but the 4 best. i dont care who goes in, i was simply saying what they said. & the 4 that they ended choosing says that. 

Just now, Desertbirds said:

That is just speculation on your part.

Without Travis, they get wrecked

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think they fully believed they were gonna get Florida state. I don’t think they believed the CFP committee would ultimately axe Fsu. I thought last night it would happen. This comes down to straight up viewers and money. Michigan vs. bama brings more eyes and more money than Florida state without Travis. That’s reality. 

If you ask yourself right now who is better? FSU or Bama?

It's a tough choice and FSU deserves to get in based on record but they haven't been playing well recently since losing Travis.  Their SOS was 55th and the ACC is weak this year.

As a college football fan I'm with the committee.  I don't want to see FSU playing like crap with a 2nd or 3rd string QB.  I would like to see FSU play with their star QB but it won't be the case.

In other news... I'm hoping we get Leonard over Ertz. We are in desperate need of LB help

5 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I agree with you. I didn't think FSU was getting in last night either. Travis getting hurt put them out

Not talked about enough that didn’t help Fsu was the fact Louisville played the 8th place SEC team in Kentucky the week before and lost. I think if fsu goes out and stomps Louisville then it wouldn’t have factored in as much. But since FSU struggled with Louisville after Louisville lost a week early to the team finishing 8th in the SEC didn’t help them. 

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

I agree with you, but the alternative is ruining the regular season.  Everyone more or less knows the 4 powerhouse teams at the beginning of the year.  If they are just automatic bids because they’ll make for the best playoff, then it becomes an NBA regular season.

Yup.  Before the season started, these 4 were likely the odds on favorites to be in the CFP... and low and behold... there they are.    At least this year Texas and Washington is new blood in the CFP... but the SEC is always there... and many times two teams, which should never be in a 4 team playoff.  Only conference winners need apply.  At least this year its only conference winners... 

If we ignore conference champions, which the CFP loves to do...  Ohio State has as much claim to be included as does Texas, Alabama or Georgia.

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

Without Travis, they get wrecked

Without Travis , they have yet to lose. Those are facts. You offer only speculation.

I'm reminded of a certain NFL team that lost its starting QB just before the playoffs...

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

There it is... bring that mentality today and show the 49ers and the rest of the football universe what the best team in the NFL really looks like.  Show no quarter.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Not talked about enough that didn’t help Fsu was the fact Louisville played the 8th place SEC team in Kentucky the week before and lost. I think if fsu goes out and stomps Louisville then it wouldn’t have factored in as much. But since FSU struggled with Louisville after Louisville lost a week early to the team finishing 8th in the SEC didn’t help them. 

yup. last night also didnt help FSU. if FSU were to come out & man handle Louisville i believe they get in. but also like you said their lose to Kentucky the week before did them no favors. 

4 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

If you ask yourself right now who is better? FSU or Bama?

It's a tough choice and FSU deserves to get in based on record but they haven't been playing well recently since losing Travis.  Their SOS was 55th and the ACC is weak this year.

As a college football fan I'm with the committee.  I don't want to see FSU playing like crap with a 2nd or 3rd string QB.  I would like to see FSU play with their star QB but it won't be the case.

I said last night that Texas and Bama should be in if you’re going by the four best teams in college football. Because I don’t even think Florida state is in the top seven of best teams without their quarterback. But this also 100% came down to the fact the committee isn’t stupid when it comes to ratings and money. The ratings were not gonna be as good for Florida State/Michigan as compared to Michigan/bama. Additionally, they were going to make more money off of those two teams playing each other than Florida State without their quarterback. That’s just a sad reality that money was obviously in the decision. To say bama is simply better was the only reason to do so is being naive. I’ve friends on Arizona coaching staff tell me all the time to follow the money when ncaa makes a decision. 

48 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Holy smokes, what a play by #4 on Iowa.

I don't know who that is... but I want him on my team.

Archived