EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

Guy on ESPN makes a good point.  Basically this year's CFP is SEC and Big 10 as Texas will be in the SEC and Washington in the Big 10 next year.

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BirdGang45 said:

yup. last night also didnt help FSU. if FSU were to come out & man handle Louisville i believe they get in. but also like you said their lose to Kentucky the week before did them no favors. 

And "Bama needed a miracle finish to beat a team that was blown out AT HOME by New Mexico State.

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

Guy on ESPN makes a good point.  Basically this year's CFP is SEC and Big 10 as Texas will be in the SEC and Washington in the Big 10 next year.

Eventually Clemson and Florida state are leaving the acc. It’s only a matter of when. So eventually it’s gonna be two extreme power conferences and a distant third in the conference runnings is gonna be the big 12. 

3 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Without Travis , they have yet to lose. Those are facts. You offer only speculation.

I'm reminded of a certain NFL team that lost its starting QB just before the playoffs...

They haven't looked like a top 4 team without him. I would even say they're not even in the top 6

12 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

They probably got the best set of games they could. 

But they didn’t get the 4 teams that earn’t it - it’s all based on subjective projecting. It’s like leaving the Eagles 2017 team out of the playoffs not based on record but because how **** our offence looked vs Raiders and Cowboys after Wentz got hurt. 

Mmmmhmmm.... Exactly that.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Eventually Clemson and Florida state are leaving the acc. It’s only a matter of when. So eventually it’s gonna be two extreme power conferences and a distant third in the conference runnings is gonna be the big 12. 

I can see FSU leaving. Is Clemson really thinking about leaving? Did I miss something? 

7 minutes ago, metal said:

FWIW

Pretty sure they touched on this during College GameDay yesterday 

2 minutes ago, Godfather said:

They haven't looked like a top 4 team without him. I would even say they're not even in the top 6

13-0 says otherwise.

Minshew hits a bomb of a TD.  Can't help but wonder if the Eagles would be favored today if they went with Minshew instead of Hurts.  

The Lions are looking rejuvenated today against the Saints so far. They are up 7-0 and just picked off a tipped pass deep in Saints territory.

9 minutes ago, BirdGang45 said:

this right here is true. but sadly they have already come out & said they dont care about most deserving. but the 4 best. i dont care who goes in, i was simply saying what they said. & the 4 that they ended choosing says that. 

And because of that... they are corrupt.  Because they are just looking to maximize profits and they are willing to screw over 18-22 year olds to do it.  

Honestly, if I were with FSU, I'd discuss internally whether or not they are willing to accept any bid to any other bowl.  Granted, that would cost them a ton of money... but it would make a statement that this garbage from the NCAA won't be tolerated any longer.  Sort of moot, I guess, with the 12 team tournament starting next year... but for me, the BCS era, the CFP era were both just fraudulent money grabs and not about 'best teams', but 100% about $$$$.  And they would rationalize it six ways to Sunday... but it was always about doing whatever they thought would bring the most money...   Much more respect for D2 and D3.  

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I said last night that Texas in Bama should be in if you’re going by the four best teams in college football. Because I don’t even think Florida state is in the top seven of best teams without their quarterback. But there’s 100% also came down to the fact the committee isn’t stupid when it comes to ratings and money. The ratings were not gonna be as good for Florida State/Michigan as compared to Michigan/bama. Additionally, they were going to make more money off of those two teams, playing each other than Florida State without their quarterback. That’s just a sad reality that money was obviously in the decision. To say bama is simply better was the only reason so to be naive. I’ve friends on Arizona coaching staff tell me all the time to follow the money when ncaa makes a decision. 

I agree but as a fan I'm happy.  I'd rather see Michigan vs Bama then FSU.

If the committee is making choices for ratings and money it's also benefiting for fans who want to see the better games.  

Again, sucks for FSU and their fans but that's life.

8 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

And "Bama needed a miracle finish to beat a team that was blown out AT HOME by New Mexico State.

Yeah I’m guessing the committee optics this week were bama beat a team in Georgia that was undefeated and whom they thought was the best team in the country coming into the game and in atlanta. last two weeks FSU struggled with a 5-7 SEC Florida team finishing 9th in the SEC (trailed with 8 mins left) then struggled with a team in Louisville that lost to 8th place Kentucky. I’m not justifying what the committee did but I’m guessing they said money is better with bama in the game, better rating with bama as compared to FSU and then theyll say rivalry game where anything can happen and overlooked that stumble with bama going into atlanta and beating Georgia and in control for basically the 2nd quarter onward. 

5 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I can see FSU leaving. Is Clemson really thinking about leaving? Did I miss something? 

Been the rumor for a couple years now when that contract allows for it they are likely leaving 

5 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

13-0 says otherwise.

Outside the LSU win, what other win was impressive? 13-0 in a down year for the ACC, that's cool. I guess they can crown themselves champs like UCF did

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

Outside the LSU win, what other win was impressive? 13-0 that's cool. I guess they can crown themselves champs like UCF did

Commie. They’re undefeated 

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

Outside the LSU win, what other win was impressive? 13-0 that's cool. I guess they can crown themselves champs like UCF did

F' off

Just now, Desertbirds said:

F' off

:lol:

Serious question... are you a FSU fan? 

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

Commie. They’re undefeated 

Shut your lady hole

Archived