EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

27 minutes ago, Godfather said:

You feeling good about today? Got a feeling Eagles won't be denied today. I think the secondary is going to show up today

If they can establish the run game early we’ll be fine. 

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 315Eagles said:

It would be hard to go by strictly record because you have a million teams in college and only 4 spots to choose.

Thats why you have to consider the conference you play in, strength of schedule, top 25 wins, etc.

Not at all.  They are the ones who limited the thing to 4 spots... or in years gone by... to 2 teams and the weird BCS nonsense.  

And yet... FCS, D2 and D3 schools have been able to have a 16 team tournament, based purely on records and never have the controversy the D1 schools have.  

The NCAA created the problem they have, and yet they have an easy solution with the lower levels...  If its about the 'Power 5' conferences.. a 16 team tournament is simply the top 3 teams from those 5 conferences and one 'at-large' wild card.   BUT... there are other schools in D-1 that aren't Power 5.  So, how do we mix them in?  There's AAC, Mid-American, Conference USA, Mountain West, and SunBelt... plus the Independents.

So, you make it simpler... Conference winner from ALL - TEN conferences gets in automatic bid.   5 more spots goes to the #2 team in each of the Power 5 conferences.  And the final spot goes to the Independent (aka, Notre Dame, basically) if they win 10 or 11 games (depending on how they want to couch the decision... and if not, it goes to the at-large team from any D1 conference with the next highest record.... with tie breakers like, SOS (based on record), SOV, etc.  

The tournament starts second weekend of December... third weekend of December (gets you down to 4)... and the 'bowl games' for other teams fill in the next week (which is usually Christmas week, as it normally would be)... and the 'top independent bowls' (Gator, Peach, etc.) can claim teams for 'consolation games' for New Years' Eve.  And the two playoff matchups go to New Years Day.  Final matchup lands as usual the week after that.   The 'bye' week that's built in to that schedule gives the top 4 teams time to get ready for the big matchup...  And you get a chance to see the top players from the smaller conference playing against the top players from the Power 5 in those early rounds of the tournament.   And money to be made for EVERYONE.    (You could even move the whole tournament schedule up a week, by having the conferences eliminate the conference championship games (since the top 2 make the playoffs anyway.).  That would give an extra week to organize the consolation bowls (which is what they are anyway even now).

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

Give FSU a bowl game vs Georgia, who isn't very good according to some.

Should be an easy win for FSU. 

(sarcasm)

I mentioned this last night. The committee should hope Florida state plays Georgia in a bowl game. Cause if Georgia does what most people expect it would help them optically in their decision. Again whether right or wrong but most people would say look and use it to justify. 

12 minutes ago, BirdGang45 said:

yup if its just record put Liberty in the top 4 they are 13-0 

Ok.  You say that like it would change my stance.

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Ok.  You say that like it would change my stance.

im not trying to change anything lol im just saying they arent going off of record. youre arguing about something that they basically put hints at the moment Travis got hurt. imo they never really believed in FSU. even after they beat LSU then Clemson they were questioning FSU

6 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Yeah, the SEC had a losing record against the ACC. Do facts matter at all to you?

SEC>ACC.

I'm waiting for the "f you"

5 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

If they can establish the run game early we’ll be fine. 

Run right at Hargrave and Armistead 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I mentioned this last night. The committee should hope Florida state plays Georgia in a bowl game. Cause if Georgia does what most people expect it would help them optically in their decision. Again whether right or wrong but most people would say look and use it to justify. 

You could put FSU vs Oregon or Ohio St as well.  Doesn't have to be Georgia. 

Just now, Desertbirds said:

F' off. How's that?

:lol:

Switching it up I see

give me Oregon vs OSU. preview of the new B1G match up. 

3 minutes ago, BirdGang45 said:

im not trying to change anything lol im just saying they arent going off of record. youre upset about something that they basically put hints at the moment Travis got hurt 

I'm primarily, I'm just trying to kill time until 4:25!    These 1PM games suck.  

But, I've hated the NCAA system for as long as I can remember... and every time they change it, it doesn't fix it.  I'm sure that Liberty would get the boot in the 12 game system they are going to... but why?  Because they don't believe in them.   They love the Cinderella story in the tournament in March, but won't even give it a shot for the football tournament.   

2 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

All 3 will wreck FSU

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Is this 2012 cause Jimmy Graham just caught a td 

If he can still contribute to an offense, then Ertz definitely can

Could do that too. However oregon is likely not having no nix play  in that bowl game. So gonna have backup vs. backup Qb. 

2 minutes ago, Godfather said:

:lol:

Switching it up I see

"Switching it up..." - I see that reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

1 minute ago, we_gotta_believe said:

If he can still contribute to an offense, then Ertz definitely can

I think ertz is fine as a backup. Frankly he’s better than any backup tight end we have. I’d argue he might be better as a 4th option than quez, julio or Oz at this stage. Oz is about the only one i could argue and say is better as a 4th option (with goedert back)  

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I'm primarily, I'm just trying to kill time until 4:25!    These 1PM games suck.  

But, I've hated the NCAA system for as long as I can remember... and every time they change it, it doesn't fix it.  I'm sure that Liberty would get the boot in the 12 game system they are going to... but why?  Because they don't believe in them.   They love the Cinderella story in the tournament in March, but won't even give it a shot for the football tournament.   

😄 gotcha. 

football is different then Basketball tho. you can have the best player in football & still be trash. basketball the best player changes things by a wide margin. i dont think they are ready for the cinderella team in football quite yet. next year the 12 team playoff some fans will still find something wrong with it lol  

Just now, Desertbirds said:

"Switching it up..." - I see that reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Roll tide! 

2 minutes ago, Godfather said:

All 3 will wreck FSU

I don’t think nix is playing in that bowl game due to his draft position.  

Archived