EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Pass pro has been the least of the issues. Some of these sacks are just we hold onto the ball too long

But it’s been an issue.

Well if our HC managed the clock better on 3rd and 18 we should’ve ran the ball and forced Dallas to burn another timeout. Instead they had two left instead of 1. 

Ever since Sirianni ran down the tunnel acting like a clown in Kansas City he has lost control of this team

Honestly, definitely figuring out the real weakness of the Eagles offense here. Route concepts. Their route concepts this year are absolute cheeks. Why are our 'easy' passes so ineffective? A lot of the short passing game for so many teams is easy pitch and catch stuff based on good route concepts, but for us it's like despite having decades to throw the ball, we just never run three step "drop" options. The Eagles refuse to run things to get the ball out quickly. Which is baffling.

I've never seen something like this. It's like the 'smartest man in the room' disease Howie had before, once he got rid of it, passed onto someone else somehow.

Just now, Texas Eagle said:

Ever since Sirianni ran down the tunnel acting like a clown in Kansas City he has lost control of this team

I guess the Bills win didn't happen.

This officiating crew seems a bit more eager than last week’s - careful what you wish for…

1 minute ago, Mike31mt said:

Our defense is so, so bad.  Even a sack and it means nothing. 

It's honestly a joke how f'ing trash we are.  Two fouls and he still gives up a catch. How??  How can you be so bad

I’m actually glad it’s getting exposed because then change may not happen. Hell it still may not because we’re gonna lose tonight and likely win out due to the favor of the schedule. Only to get embarrassed in the playoffs, and Desai may keep his job still. 

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

The question was never if they defense would give up points, only if it would be 3 or 7.

Maybe even 8

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Well if our HC managed the clock better on 3rd and 18 we should’ve ran the ball and forced Dallas to burn another timeout. Instead they had two left instead of 1. 

And the officials properly enforce the clock rules on the boundary...

BUT, that's the least of our worries.  But, hey, I heard AJ Brown say Ringo was going to be an All-Pro.   Hard to believe a guy finally gets on the field, and commits not one, but TWO enforceable penalties on the same play... in the same action.   Back to witness protection for Ringo now too.   

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I guess the Bills win didn't happen.

Oh the game where we gave up 500 yards and haven’t made any adjustments since?

Archived