EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season... and Post Season Blog

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Terrible wtf has happened in two weeks 

Nothing has happened in two weeks. This has been this team ALL SEASON LONG. They've been getting lucky week in and week out, mostly against terrible teams. Last year was their year to win and they blew it, this team is a first round exit waiting to happen.

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like another week of not reaching that standard folks. Gonna need a miracle to get back into this one... the Dak choke type miracle and I'm not sure it's coming.

1 minute ago, mayanh8 said:

Sirianni... this dude better be careful. He's close to overseeing one of the biggest regressions, coaching-wise, I've ever witnessed with an Eagles team. And nobody, including him, seems to have any answers. 

I’ve never been crazy about him. I felt like he was hired because he wouldn’t fight Howie on personnel 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I honestly think Sirianni might be terrible with game management but it’s mostly been hidden the last few years 

He was aggressive... then they got the incomplete pass.  BUT... the run put it close enough to take a shot.   

2 minutes ago, Godfather said:

No but 5th seed is definitely a possibility 

I can see a playoff game in Atlanta and losing to them easily. 

Just now, Texas Eagle said:

Of all things to complain about you choose Swift not breaking a tackle? That’s probably 100th on my list.

Don't worry I covered the other 99 too. 

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

Yes. 

But if this continues, you have to fire him. 

They keep getting beat on the same concepts. It’s ridiculous. 

Them winning in miraculous fashion all year may end up being the worst thing that could have happened.

They all started thinking they were good.

I'm not happy with Desai either but no one is going to come here and do anything with the middle of our defense in its current state either. If the DL doesn't win consistently they're gonna get toasted.

Just now, Appalachian_Eagle said:

This team is way more talented than they are showing. These two coordinators are killing us with these stupid ass game plans week in and week out. Desai and Johnson need to go. Bring in Reich and pick a name out the hat for DC and bring them in. Let them implement and experiment with the offense and defense against these crappier teams we are getting ready to face

Hate to burst your bubble but this crap is on sirianni, he oversees everything as the head coach, he hired these coordinators, it’s his offense and defense being ran…right now sirianni is the biggest problem with this team 

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Eh whatever. Win or lose we’re just a bunch of voiceless faceless screen names on a blog 

Is it that bad already?  I thought that is more after we lose to Seattle.

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

Win out and keep the 1

SF would have to lose a game. Dallas will lose a game or two

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

Win out and keep the 1

Oh dude come on! Look at what’s happening and what happened last week. This team isn’t winning out. This team wins a max of 2 more games.

2 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

They keep getting beat on the same concepts. It’s ridiculous. 

Thats where its an indictment of the DC

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Back when they hired Doug, they brought in a known commodity at DC.  Wish we had one now.   For that matter... I wish we had Jim Schwarz back right now.

They wont fire Desai in hopes someone hires him away and get get the 3rd round picks. So now someone who doesnt deserve a job will stick in the job because teams are incentivized to employ certain underperforming people.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh dude come on! Look at what’s happening and what happened last week. This team isn’t winning out. This team wins a max of 2 more games.

I think they'll win out. Seattle might be without Geno

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I’ve never been crazy about him. I felt like he was hired because he wouldn’t fight Howie on personnel 

Meh - he’s been flexible on offense. He makes decent decisions. The problem is on the defensive side on the ball and it has been all season. 

Eagles suck now.  But I love the irony of Reid and Mahomes whining about a penalty that cost them a game.   Chumps.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They could still win out, but even so, they have no chance of any kind of meaningful run in the post season.

4 minutes ago, devpool said:

Nothing has happened in two weeks. This has been this team ALL SEASON LONG. They've been getting lucky week in and week out, mostly against terrible teams. Last year was their year to win and they blew it, this team is a first round exit waiting to happen.

This. They were the only defense this year that made Mac Jones look competent, Jefferson fumbling out of the end zone in the MIN game changed the dynamic of that one, carved by Sam Howell twice and bailed out by Rivera not going for 2 in the first game, got lucky they didn’t blow the first Dallas game, Valdes-Scantling bailed them out against KC, and Josh Allen missed Gabe Davis wide open in overtime. 

They’ve gotten lucky all season long and they ran into two buzzsaws the past two games who aren’t letting them off the hook. 

Archived