EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Are we allowed to talk Phillies now?

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I was just going off the reported names. Robinson is intriguing but similar to Johnson and a wildcard type. I'd be surprised if they went that route. 

Oh i definitely don’t see them going that route. I don’t believe they hire someone without play calling experience. Why i think Johnson is likely not hired. I think it’s a mistake. Sometimes you get Brian Johnson and sometimes you get Ben Johnson. I rather go by if i like what the candidate tells me and picking his brain then deciding he needs play calling experience 

2 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Have we even thrown any wheel routes?

I don't even remember seeing many if any at all during Doug's or Sirianni's tenure.

Errr…one of the most explosive/famous plays in Eagles history was the wheel route in the Super Bowl to Corey Clement.  (Pederson era) 

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Are we allowed to talk Phillies now?

Only if Fangio’s name is included in the post. 

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Sounds like we're going to go full defense in the draft to get the players Fangio needs

If they do that + OLine I'll skeet.

It's so much better in here without RandomReglar spewing nonsense. Gonna be a great vacation for all of us.

Just now, Outlaw said:

It's so much better in here without RandomReglar spewing nonsense. Gonna be a great vacation for all of us.

RAS-Regular What happened to him?  

Just now, Cliftoma said:

RAS-Regular What happened to him?  

I got him booked on a 2-week cruise to The Suspension Islands.

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

He's an idiot

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Oh i definitely don’t see them going that route. I don’t believe they hire someone without play calling experience. Why i think Johnson is likely not hired. I think it’s a mistake. Sometimes you get Brian Johnson and sometimes you get Ben Johnson. I rather go by if i like what the candidate tells me and picking his brain then deciding he needs play calling experience 

Carmichael

“The Chinese Restaurant” #Seinfeld https://t.co/kwUOB0qwrX - Jerry Seinfeld news - NewsLocker

15 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I thought one or both of those was Castellanos .... 

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Carmichael

“The Chinese Restaurant” #Seinfeld https://t.co/kwUOB0qwrX - Jerry Seinfeld news - NewsLocker

Harold?!?!

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I thought one or both of those was Castellanos .... 

Not with a shirt buttoned up like that. 

One button by the balls, that's Castellanos 

15 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Errr…one of the most explosive/famous plays in Eagles history was the wheel route in the Super Bowl to Corey Clement.  (Pederson era) 

Ok thats one.  I remember one to Miles Sanders his rookie year.  Other than that don't see them very often.

My point is we should be using them more.  Then again I don't know if Hurts would even look for it.

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

Ok thats one.  I remember one to Miles Sanders his rookie year.  Other than that don't see them very often.

My point is we should be using them more.  Then again I don't know if Hurts would even look for it.

Obviously if they include it in their gameplan and practice it, he’ll look for it.  Hurts has made just about every throw a QB can make over the past two seasons.  He didn’t suddenly "forget” how to make throws, lol.   This narrative that he can’t make all the throws is just silly - he’s already shown he can. 

2 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

QB1 won't even look their way. He only has 3 reads

27 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Could have just put him on ignore. That's what I did 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Could have just put him on ignore. That's what I did 🤷‍♂️

Nah. He needed a timeout.

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

Offense wins games. Investing in the o-line is a good long-term strategy.  In terms of the likelihood of success of a pick, I think o-line picks tend to be lower risk picks.   They need to have a ready replacement for Lane.  Stoutland did find a guy like Kelce in Mailata.  

Agreed.   But, that was a while ago.   He needs to do it again.   I think asking him to find one every 5 years is a fair request.   Meanwhile, there were 2 2nd round picks spent on interior OL.  We can't afford to keep putting all our eggs in the OL basket.  So, for this year, you try to find a guy in the later rounds that he can develop.  Of course, if a stud falls into your lap, all bets are off.  But, if all things are equal between an OT and a DB or even a LB... this team needs to go for the defensive player.   

Defense ALSO wins games.  Not in terms of the 2000 Ravens or the '85 Bears any more.   But, you need a defense that can produce a stop at a critical point in time.  And what it really seems to come down to is having a playmaker or several on the defense that can step up in a big spot and make the splash play.   In 2022, we had that along the DL and they protected the rest of the defense.   Reddick was great at getting a timely sack on a 3rd down and the defense would get off the field.  CJGJ, for all the hate directed at him in recent months, was a guy that made the interception on the bad pass and the defense would get off the field.   This defense desperately needs guys that can do that.  Right now, they've got pretty much no one.    The OT position is a much lower priority for this year given Johnson's commitment to return and saying he felt he had multiple years left in him.   Using another premium pick on the OL to sit for a year plus would be bad use of resources.   Rookie deals only last so long before you need to make a decision.   The plan was to sit Dickerson (a second round pick) and would have until injury forced him into the lineup.  Then they draft Jurgens in Round 2, and he sat for a full year.   This past year they spent a high 3rd round pick on Tyler Steen... and he also basically sat on the pine for the vast majority of the year.     If this team dedicated the same level of investment in the back 7 of the defense as they do the front 5 of the offense... this season likely wouldn't have been quite the same level of disaster.   

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Nah. He needed a timeout.

200.gif?cid=790b761160edjubgcq9nhp9hu8cj

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Defensive Rookie of the Year
Texans defensive end Will Anderson
Eagles defensive tackle Jalen Carter*
Steelers cornerback Joey Porter Jr.
Rams defensive tackle Kobie Turner
Seahawks cornerback Devon Witherspoon

My picks from the finalists in bold.

Will Anderson Jr. was better than Jalen Carter, and it's not even close.

3 minutes ago, toolg said:

Will Anderson Jr. was better than Jalen Carter, and it's not even close.

Will Anderson - 29 solo tackles, 7 sacks, 0 FF, 0 FR

Jalen Carter - 20 solo tackles, 6 sacks, 2 FF, 1 FR

I'd say that's pretty close, especially considering the amount of double teams faced by Carter. Anderson had only 1 more sack as an EDGE player.

42 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

What happened to him? 

6 sacks for a DT(a position that notoriously takes players 3 seasons to emerge) is way more impressive than 7 sacks for an edge rusher. Plus was just overall a major disrupting force for much of the season, until the entire defense disappeared.

Archived