EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wonder if Belichick will end up as more of a senior advisor or consultant rather than as a head coach due to his age. I know he's chasing Shula's wins record. Shula has 328, Belichick has 302 to date. Age 71 seems a bit 'senior' to be taking over a team that has enough problems that they just fired their head coach.

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

One draft projection I saw - don't remember where - Had the Eagles going O.T. in the 1st  for a Lane Johnson replacement. I think the guy they were projecting was a start-as-a-guard move-out-to-tackle player.

That's way more likely than a linebacker or safety IMO.

52 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Now why can't we interview this guy as a serious candidate? 

5 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

I suspect we're looking for someone who has called plays in the nfl. Just my guess

7 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

1 minute ago, pgcd3 said:

I suspect we're looking for someone who has called plays in the nfl. Just my guess

This.  We went with two coordinators this past season that hadn't called plays before, and, well, yeah. 

The only hesitation I have with Moore is that if we have to get through Dallas, we're up against a team that has all the experience with his offense that they need to gameplan against. 

24 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

One draft projection I saw - don't remember where - Had the Eagles going O.T. in the 1st  for a Lane Johnson replacement. I think the guy they were projecting was a start-as-a-guard move-out-to-tackle player.

Mims, Fuaga or Latham would be good but I don't think any of them make it to 22

6 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Hogwash 

Holy crap that Morris hire is one of the worst I’ve ever seen.

52 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Morris was a coach in ATL for 6 seasons.  They know what they're getting.

I'm sure they do.

Probably another coach in 2-3 years 

38 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I’ve seen conflicting reports of that. 

Cowboys were better off without Kellen Moore supposedly.

Although the results were the same.  Early playoff loss and Dak struggled.

32 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

bill-belicheck-patriots.gif.611c20e3bfddf6e54b0a09d8fb58dd03.gif

30 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Seen that in a couple of places. Guess it’s just speculation based on nothing  at all 

5 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

You keep talking about "not working” but dodge defining it. Every scheme in the NFL gives up points to good teams. SF gave up 31 to the bengals, 33 to the ravens, even 29 to the cardinals. Dallas gave up 48 to Green Bay, 35 to the Seahawks, 31 to the Bills. Baltimore gave up 31 to the Rams, 33 to the Browns. Is this what you mean by not working? Do all of the NFL schemes in your opinion "not work?” 

Defining it? Okay.. let’s review the teams that run this scheme.. eagles, packers, chargers to name a few, bottom of the nfl in total defense statistically. Miami had no success vs teams above .500.. so you have multiple teams running the scheme that weren’t stopping anyone all year 

I wonder if Belichick's past scandals is hurting him. He's got a lot of success but a lot of asterisks 

29 minutes ago, Eriv20 said:

Defining it? Okay.. let’s review the teams that run this scheme.. eagles, packers, chargers to name a few, bottom of the nfl in total defense statistically. Miami had no success vs teams above .500.. so you have multiple teams running the scheme that weren’t stopping anyone all year 

We’re not hiring anyone except for Fangio. What the Chargers did last year on defense is not relevant to what we’re doing this year. What the Packers did last year is not relevant to what we will do.

Just now, Aerolithe_Lion said:

We’re not hiring anyone except for Fangio. What the Chargers did last year on defense is not relevant to what we’re doing this year. Miami’s success is a combination of offense, defense, and special teams. Vic Fangio is not responsible for offense and defense.

How do you define stopping someone? You use these vague, umbrella terms that don’t really explain any specific issue you have with him. Do you just not like him as a person? How he looks? What is stopping someone? How many yards per play? How many points per drive?

I don’t like his scheme. There’s a lot of tried and true stats to show it’s a bend but don’t break scheme that hasn’t worked really anywhere for a little while now. His defense gave up over 400 yards 4 out of his last 6 games with the dolphins. You will definitely have games where the defense will perform bad but his scheme is consistently bad and beatable. 

the west coast offense has been very successful in this league, is bill Walsh still calling plays? No, he’s not. 

Raheem 6 wins max (only cause of the division) Morris 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Falcons always Falcon 

1 minute ago, Eriv20 said:

I don’t like his scheme. There’s a lot of tried and true stats to show it’s a bend but don’t break scheme that hasn’t worked really anywhere for a little while now. His defense gave up over 400 yards 4 out of his last 6 games with the dolphins. You will definitely have games where the defense will perform bad but his scheme is consistently bad and beatable. 

the west coast offense has been very successful in this league, is bill Walsh still calling plays? No, he’s not. 

The West Coast offense is successful *if you have star personnel running it with the appropriate HC/coordinator. Plenty of teams fail at that style of offense.

Again with the "hasn’t really worked.” Johnathan Gannon runs a variant of Fangio’s defense. We finished second in the NFL in total D in 2022 and went to the SB. If that qualifies as the defense not working, what is it you expect for it to "work”?

8 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Wonder if Harbaugh brings back Greg Roman in some capacity.

I think its Greg Roman or David Shaw as his OC

Just for the record...

The last 5 rookies of the year were Sauce Gardner, Micah Parsons, Chase Young, Nick Bosa, and Shaq Leonard.  

First off, that's a fascinating reminder of the lifespan of an NFL player considering that Shaq is already cooked.

Secondly, they all went to pro-bowls, were mostly all-pro's, and had superior seasons to Carter, who was a rotational DT in the NFL's worst defense.  There weren't many other standouts this year, so Carter more or less deserves it as much as anyone else.  But it wasn't some transcendent rookie season.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can stay busy on a 20-hour train ride? Most of my stuff is being shipped, so I'm only bringing a duffle bag with me.

This will be my fifth time traveling from Florida to Philly via train, and I can’t think of anything new to do. And while I appreciate your comedic responses, a couple of useful ones would be appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Know Life said:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can stay busy on a 20-hour train ride? Most of my stuff is being shipped, so I'm only bringing a duffle bag with me.

This will be my fifth time traveling from Florida to Philly via train, and I can’t think of anything new to do. And while I appreciate your comedic responses, a couple of useful ones would be appreciated.

download.jpeg.jpg

1 minute ago, Iggles25 said:

download.jpeg.jpg

My first trip was split evenly between those two activities. 😂

Archived