EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Watching YouTube videos of draft prospects and mock draft simulators are fun ways to pass the time.

After the aforementioned activity of course.

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Just for the record...

The last 5 rookies of the year were Sauce Gardner, Micah Parsons, Chase Young, Nick Bosa, and Shaq Leonard.  

First off, that's a fascinating reminder of the lifespan of an NFL player considering that Shaq is already cooked.

Secondly, they all went to pro-bowls, were mostly all-pro's, and had superior seasons to Carter, who was a rotational DT in the NFL's worst defense.  There weren't many other standouts this year, so Carter more or less deserves it as much as anyone else.  But it wasn't some transcendent rookie season.

2 hours ago, Parrot Head said:

Holy crap that Morris hire is one of the worst I’ve ever seen.

Shocking he built a building supply empire cause he can't build a team for crap. All those amazing candidates and he picks RM? Just when you think life with Nick is bad AB says hold my...whatever rich people drink. Vikas what the hell do rich people drink? 

3 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Shocking he built a building supply empire cause he can't build a team for crap. All those amazing candidates and he picks RM? Just when you think life with Nick is bad AB says hold my...whatever rich people drink. Vikas what the hell do rich people drink? 

Wealth tea

I used to get upset when people compared our crap-ass WRs to Anquan Boldin simply because they were both slow.  It feels the same way comparing Siri to Tomlin and Harbaugh simply because they both don't contribute anything to the offense or defense.  

You are already behind the 8 ball when you are comparing what you have to the greats simply on the basis of shared weaknesses.  Does Joe Blow off the street deserve a Tomlin comp simply because he can't contribute to the offense either?

Ready for the Eagles to pick an OC so Aaron Moorehead can go away

4 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

@vikas83

the tears of the poors

actually no, just whiskey

4 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Whatever the heck they want.

Sixers need to make a trade. They’re ass without Toby. Pacers are missing Halliburton and whooping them.

I still can’t believe that both Ben Johnson and Slowik might not get jobs. If they were the OC for the Eagles this year they would 100% be poached. Feels like the brain drain only happens to this team. 

30 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Watching YouTube videos of draft prospects and mock draft simulators are fun ways to pass the time.

After the aforementioned activity of course.

Watch some Brenden Rice

8 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Ready for the Eagles to pick an OC so Aaron Moorehead can go away

It'll be Kingsbury 

4 minutes ago, Godfather said:

It'll be Kingsbury 

I agree.

1 minute ago, MillerTime said:

I agree.

Maybe sometime this weekend they announce it

3 minutes ago, Godfather said:

3 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I could see it happening tomorrow. They need to move quick with the other OC spots that are open.

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

The West Coast offense is successful *if you have star personnel running it with the appropriate HC/coordinator. Plenty of teams fail at that style of offense.

Again with the "hasn’t really worked.” Johnathan Gannon runs a variant of Fangio’s defense. We finished second in the NFL in total D in 2022 and went to the SB. If that qualifies as the defense not working, what is it you expect for it to "work”?

That was an anomaly, clearly. Eagles d was awful his whole tenure but one year and his defense in Arizona is last in the league. 

and to make matters worse. Who was the consultant 2 weeks prior to the Super Bowl when gannons defense wet the bed? Hmmm

give some examples of why fangio is the right guy? Why does it work? When has it ever worked outside of San Francisco? 

19 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I still can’t believe that both Ben Johnson and Slowik might not get jobs. If they were the OC for the Eagles this year they would 100% be poached. Feels like the brain drain only happens to this team. 

Imagine losing two in one season? Unthinkable right? Oh wait. Lol.

1 hour ago, Know Life said:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can stay busy on a 20-hour train ride? Most of my stuff is being shipped, so I'm only bringing a duffle bag with me.

This will be my fifth time traveling from Florida to Philly via train, and I can’t think of anything new to do. And while I appreciate your comedic responses, a couple of useful ones would be appreciated.

Start a good book series. 

33 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Orphan Tears. 

Sixers tucked their tails and didn’t even try to come back by putting starters back in down 18 to start 4th. Not even on a back to back. This seems to be the standard for Philly sports right now.

If we will run more 3-4 looks with Fangio, I like Ruke Orhorhoro as an end but versatile enough to play multiple roles. Darius Robinson is another who'd fit that role. Brandon Dorlus I like but not too sure if he fits as an end in this scheme. 

6 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Sixers tucked their tails and didn’t even try to come back by putting starters back in down 18 to start 4th. Not even on a back to back. This seems to be the standard for Philly sports right now.

Ive said a few times in the 6ers thread, thats the team that scares me most this year. We cant keep up with their speed. I love our depth and seems like philly can beat any other team. But out depth is old guys who are just too slow for the pace of Indiana.

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Ive said a few times in the 6ers thread, thats the team that scares me most this year. We cant keep up with their speed. I love our depth and seems like philly can beat any other team. But out depth is old guys who are just too slow for the pace of Indiana.

They are complete opposite in pace from us but that’s no excuse IMO. We need to unload some of these guys like KJ, Roco, etc to get another wing for 3 & D. Can’t be relying on Batum, Oubre, etc. 

9 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

They are complete opposite in pace from us but that’s no excuse IMO. We need to unload some of these guys like KJ, Roco, etc to get another wing for 3 & D. Can’t be relying on Batum, Oubre, etc. 

I think Oubre is fine. Batum is useful. But Batum, Covington, Morris.. all old and slow. 

Need to replace Covington with someone more athletic.

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think Oubre is fine. Batum is useful. But Batum, Covington, Morris.. all old and slow. 

Need to replace Covington with someone more athletic.

Hey now... respect the other Big Shot Bob.  

But yes... phase two of the Harden trade needs to start soon.

Archived