EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, judunno said:

Only took 1 year of seeing his scheme badly implemented for many to sour. I was more pissed at Gannon not getting a stop in the Superbowl than potentially losing out on a DC that I knew nothing about.

Fangio hasn’t been running the exact same defense for 20 years. I trust his ability to do what’s needed. We still need to upgrade the middle of the field with safeties and LBs who can not embarrass themselves and us

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Before Gannon left " we need to get Fangio” after Gannon leaves "man he fed us on Fangio” less than a year later we get Fangio "meh.”  Gotta love the fan base.

Agreed. He’s not a slam dunk hire and could flop, but he’s had a pretty extensive track record of success and experience, which is welcomed with Nick. I’ll wait and see on Fangio. Cautiously optimistic, but Howie needs to improve the talent on defense as well. 

9 hours ago, Joe Ball said:

I’ve been traveling for work this week and just now getting a chance to catch up on fb. DLaw will be tough to replace. The rest, outside of Anger, I think they can fill without significant impact.

This looks to be a train wreck of an offseason so far for DAL. I guess we’ll see what transpires, I’m not getting too excited, just another year of being a DAL fan.

All are "potential".  If, for example, they wanted to keep Anger, they could turn his base into a bonus and put void years in (and even extend).  But at 35 do they want to?

19 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Fangio hasn’t been running the exact same defense for 20 years. I trust his ability to do what’s needed. We still need to upgrade the middle of the field with safeties and LBs who can not embarrass themselves and us

And corners.

7 minutes ago, judunno said:

And corners.

I think you let Fangio determine what he has in the youngsters this year

18 hours ago, twistr said:

So the EMB plan for this year:

• Fire everyone
  • Trade all the players
  • Get a high blitz D because we can't get over our ex-girlfriends (both JJ and Desai)
  • RUN THE BALL!!!!!

Does that about sum it up?

I'm taking a different approach.  I'm accepting we are staring 6-11 in the face followed by a coaching and roster purge.

1 minute ago, ToastJenkins said:

uhhh yikes

12 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Thoughts on Staley? Could be a good developmental DC

Would be thrilled with him on staff as an assistant. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

Would be thrilled with him on staff as an assistant. 

Would think Rams look at him now

17 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I got him booked on a 2-week cruise to The Suspension Islands.

Great.  So now where am I going to get rational, well thought out football insight?

4 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I think you add a corner if the opportunity arises, because the youngsters are not exactly elite prospects.  4th round pick and 2 UDFAs.  If one of them really hits that's like hitting the lottery.  You don't count on them, and you sure don't count on the aging vets we have either as a long term solution.  

15 hours ago, Cliftoma said:

Good news

Screenshot_20240125_140735_Facebook.jpg

R3wN.gif

15 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Would be kinda funny if nobody ever hires Belichick again and he's just short of Shulas record. 

Fast forward 10 years and he's in a retirement community, wearing a hoodie that hasn't been washed for weeks and grumbling to himself while he paces around the activity center.

Yeah, I'm in.

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Popular guy

I doubt he's the Eagles guy.  My big wish for the OC is that the Eagles know what they want.  Sure we have opinions but they should know what they want and who will work best with Nick & Jalen.  If it's a wishy washy process where they interview 20 guys and it looks like they settle in the end that will be most troubling to me.

10 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ive said a few times in the 6ers thread, thats the team that scares me most this year. We cant keep up with their speed. I love our depth and seems like philly can beat any other team. But out depth is old guys who are just too slow for the pace of Indiana.

For one night we had no depth. Six players out.

12 hours ago, Know Life said:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can stay busy on a 20-hour train ride? Most of my stuff is being shipped, so I'm only bringing a duffle bag with me.

This will be my fifth time traveling from Florida to Philly via train, and I can’t think of anything new to do. And while I appreciate your comedic responses, a couple of useful ones would be appreciated.

Do you get motion sickness?  That's the biggest hurdle for me, I can't read books, phone, laptop etc while traveling by car\train, so I usually end up sleeping or just staring vacantly out the window.

But if you have that much  time and the internets, why not challenge yourself and take a class that interests you?  There is a bunch of free s*** out there.  Right now I'm loading up on AI tech and going to shift over to cloud (Was going to do AWS but thinking of switching to Azure) soon

17 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I think you add a corner if the opportunity arises, because the youngsters are not exactly elite prospects.  4th round pick and 2 UDFAs.  If one of them really hits that's like hitting the lottery.  You don't count on them, and you sure don't count on the aging vets we have either as a long term solution.  

Yeah... if they don't address corner and LB you're pretty much setting up Vic to fail. Similar to what happened to Desai.

12 hours ago, Know Life said:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can stay busy on a 20-hour train ride? Most of my stuff is being shipped, so I'm only bringing a duffle bag with me.

This will be my fifth time traveling from Florida to Philly via train, and I can’t think of anything new to do. And while I appreciate your comedic responses, a couple of useful ones would be appreciated.

I sent this to another poster who's kid is interested in AI.  This will burn 10 hours:

On 1/12/2024 at 2:26 PM, paco said:

Well, if he's curious, there is free training out there.  I just read this article the other day:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/have-10-hours-ibm-will-train-you-in-ai-fundamentals-for-free/

IBM specific to watsonx.ai but you get the general concepts as well.

We have 3 OC options for 2025:

1. Things are good in 2024, offense improves, new guy gets a HC gig, and 2025 makes for the 4th OC in 4 years.

2. Things are the same, all the coaches get fired, and 2025 makes for the 4th OC in 4 years.

3.  There is marginal but disappointing improvement.  No one wants to hire our new OC and we spend another year in purgatory because Howie isn’t quite ready to fire the staff.

13 minutes ago, RLC said:

I think Jerrod Johnson is my first choice at this point. 

Another QB coach with no play calling experience? No thanks

3 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Another QB coach with no play calling experience? No thanks

I thought he was the front runner when it appeared Sirianni would have more authority over the scheme/game plan based on familiarity. Now, I think he wants a more experienced OC. I’d prefer Moore to Kingsbury out of the reported names. 

Archived