EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

On 1/16/2024 at 9:02 AM, Connecticut Eagle said:

Setting the Sirianni debate aside, task list for 2024...

• New Coordinators
  • Adding talent to the back 7
  • Sorting out the Post-Kelce OL
  • Extending Smith and Dickerson (and Williams?)
  • More talent for the back 7
  • The running back room
  • Cox and Graham

Less than eight months to figure it all out.

Back 7 was so bad you had to mention it twice 

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I think you add a corner if the opportunity arises, because the youngsters are not exactly elite prospects.  4th round pick and 2 UDFAs.  If one of them really hits that's like hitting the lottery.  You don't count on them, and you sure don't count on the aging vets we have either as a long term solution.  

Agree.  Likely have to draft one early.  Slay and Bradberry $$ make a top FA signing difficult.  With having to sign Dickerson,  Smith,  maybe extending Reddick, top end FA on defense seems slim.  I fear Howie will focus on the lack of depth at DE and the line not getting sacks as the main reason the back 7 were terrible.  But I remain hopeful that after this season Howie embraces that he can't continue to invite people over for steaks and serve hamburgers when it comes to LB and safety. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

I thought he was the front runner when it appeared Sirianni would have more authority over the scheme/game plan based on familiarity. Now, I think he wants a more experienced OC. I’d prefer Moore to Kingsbury out of the reported names. 

If it came down to Moore or Kingsbury, I agree that I would take Moore.

If Kingsbury turns the O around he’s gone 

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

That’s some wild turnover. 

And I think that really cheapens the excuse of coordinator turnover…and cheapens the value of Siri.

Coordinators want to be HC.  Nothing stays the same in the nfl.  If you do your job well, you get promoted.  If your team isn’t reaching new heights, you are getting fired.  Coaches rarely stay OCs.

The great HCs have enough of a plan and scheme of their own to combat that.  If you only go as far as your OC takes you, it’s going to be a rough, disappointing ride.

46 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Would be thrilled with him on staff as an assistant. 

Given that he’s still being paid by SD, would he need to be a consultant? Not sure how those offsets work.

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I thought he was the front runner when it appeared Sirianni would have more authority over the scheme/game plan based on familiarity. Now, I think he wants a more experienced OC. I’d prefer Moore to Kingsbury out of the reported names. 

I also like Moore over Kingsbury. But I'll see myself of the upside of whoever they pick. Like I said I want them to want someone with some conviction. If Moore interviews elsewhere then I feel like it's not him.  Maybe they are waiting for Bienemy to be available or maybe Kubiak.

45 minutes ago, paco said:

Great.  So now where am I going to get rational, well thought out football insight?

PM prophet215

1 minute ago, pgcd3 said:

I also like Moore over Kingsbury. But I'll see myself of the upside of whoever they pick. Like I said I want them to want someone with some conviction. If Moore interviews elsewhere then I feel like it's not him.  Maybe they are waiting for Bienemy to be available or maybe Kubiak.

No interest in Bienemy. If the Bills were dumb enough to move on from Joe Brady, I'd definitely be interested in him. I would be interested in Kubiak as well.

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Kingsbury scheme is the exact opposite of what I want.

We got to see a super high-volume passing attack before Spikeman took over play calling... so yeah, I feel like this offense would be running in rewind with the air raid. 

45 minutes ago, paco said:

Do you get motion sickness?  That's the biggest hurdle for me, I can't read books, phone, laptop etc while traveling by car\train, so I usually end up sleeping or just staring vacantly out the window.

But if you have that much  time and the internets, why not challenge yourself and take a class that interests you?  There is a bunch of free s*** out there.  Right now I'm loading up on AI tech and going to shift over to cloud (Was going to do AWS but thinking of switching to Azure) soon

@Know Life  If you do get motion sickness... podcasts, audio books, etc. can serve a similar purpose.

46 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I think you add a corner if the opportunity arises, because the youngsters are not exactly elite prospects.  4th round pick and 2 UDFAs.  If one of them really hits that's like hitting the lottery.  You don't count on them, and you sure don't count on the aging vets we have either as a long term solution.  

Dont forget Rodgers. I often do it too

Ricks and Jobe played in a Saban D that uses some complicated zone match. Ringo not as sure but still Georgia, and i think he might be a better safety than corner.

Another corner wont help If we are swiss cheese up the middle again

40 minutes ago, RLC said:

I think Jerrod Johnson is my first choice at this point. 

Has he ever called plays in the NFL?   If not, don't expect him to be the guy.

1 hour ago, just relax said:

For one night we had no depth. Six players out.

We beat them the first time we saw them. I was at that game. 6ers started out far ahead. But Indy had an odd starting lineup. Hield and Turner came off the bench. When they subbed in, along with TJ McConnell, the game got closer and a lot tougher. I think we won by a single digit margin.

We played them 2 days later in the group stage of the IST, and lost. We were missing Oubre at that point. And I think thats it. It wasnt particularly close. They ran us off the court.

Now they beat us a 3rd time. We were short handed. But their extremely fast pace has proved to be an issue for our depth who are all still effective players but just a little old and slow to keep up with that pace.

Another point on the health last night- Its been an issue all season. This team has rarely been healthy. Not just the bunch of games Embiid has missed already for an ankle inury, and then a knee. Pretty much the whole team. Melton has missed time. Oubre missed pretty significant time. Beverly has missed time. Batum has missed a lot of time for personal reasons, and a hamstring injury. Covington has missed time.... Maxey is iron man but can probably use a break. Harris is reliable but is now sick. Theyre the only 2 that dont really miss time.

Need more athleticism, and more availability. 

12 hours ago, Texas Eagle said:

Sixers need to make a trade. They’re ass without Toby. Pacers are missing Halliburton and whooping them.

I mean no Tobi, Melton, Morris, Cov.  When we're getting big minutes from Bev, KMart Jr, and House it's not going to be pretty.

I still think they should make a run at Caruso and Drummond.  Something like those two for B-Ball Paul, Springer, K-Mart and a 1st rounder.

What do you guys like for possible moves for Sixers? 

40 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Given that he’s still being paid by SD, would he need to be a consultant? Not sure how those offsets work.

No. They already gave him permission to interview for OC. 

Isn’t Moore air raid as well? 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Not surprised the Temple guy is out as LB coach

12 hours ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I still can’t believe that both Ben Johnson and Slowik might not get jobs. If they were the OC for the Eagles this year they would 100% be poached. Feels like the brain drain only happens to this team. 

Ben Johnson is rumored to be the favorite for the job in DC.  

5 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

She changed it.  He's not interviewing for Bears DC necessarily

Tons of LB experience 

Screenshot_20240126-094750.png

Archived