EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Heads are gonna roll when BJ has a great year as OC, gets a HC job in 2025 and his next team gets the 3rds.

Has to be with team two years in order to get the comp pics 

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, judunno said:

Starting to lose hope about getting immediate impact contributors from this draft. Just doesn't look very deep outside of WR.

Besides receivers, for this draft I really like the corners, some of the safeties, o-linemen, and linebackers. 

3 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Heads are gonna roll when BJ has a great year as OC, gets a HC job in 2025 and his next team gets the 3rds.

Gotta wonder how Hurts is feeling. He knows exactly who was doing what when it comes to the plans, designs, and play calling.  If it turns out that Siri screwed up BJ and got him axed, that's not going to play well going forward.

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

IMG_6970.thumb.jpeg.836bbf1af24c8217f8e3df583102de8e.jpeg

That's pretty messed up

Agreed.  You'd have to PAY me to go to Baltimore.  

1 minute ago, judunno said:

Gotta wonder how Hurts is feeling. He knows exactly who was doing what when it comes to the plans, designs, and play calling.  If it turns out that Siri screwed up BJ and got him axed, that's not going to play well going forward.

I am sick and tired of the drama around this team constantly.  

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

IMG_6970.thumb.jpeg.836bbf1af24c8217f8e3df583102de8e.jpeg

That's pretty messed up

The better/more loyal the fanbase, the more the tickets will cost.  

Last year’s Super Bowl tickets averaged around $7,000 - $8000 a piece. 

10 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Get rid of Bradberry and sign Jaylon Johnson

Put Rodgers in the slot

Sign Queen/Hicks and Luvu

Sign a HB to a cheap deal

Draft DE/S/OL/WR

Win.

This is totally serious and not at all a pipe dream.

Not that I don't like your idea, I just don't see them paying Queen. I think he gets paid pretty handsomely and I'm not sure he's worthy of a big contract. A mid level deal sure. 

3 minutes ago, judunno said:

Doubtful.   I don’t see Hurts being a drama queen.  He knows it’s a business - he knows this team collapsed and he knows major changes were/are coming as a result. 

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

I don’t think we’re going to draft a LB very high in the draft. I think we’ll sign a vet to pair with Dean. Maybe we add one with a comp 3, I suppose. 

Spoiler

The Muppets Fozzie Bear GIF - TheMuppets FozzieBear FacePalm - Discover & Share GIFs The Muppets ...

32 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I don’t think we’re going to draft a LB very high in the draft. I think we’ll sign a vet to pair with Dean. Maybe we add one with a comp 3, I suppose. 

We need a proven vet in there.  People seem to think that drafting a LB in the 1st or 2nd rounds guarantee a "plug & play” player and it’s simply not the case.  About a 50/50 hit rate.  So if we want to immediately improve the LB core, it will need to be a top level vet.

3 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

That would be a huge win, imo. 

39 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yes I think this will be the plan.  And probably a Josey Jewell type along with a safety.

40 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I think any reliance on Dean is a huge mistake. If anything, they should be adding LB who are legitimate starters and making Dean compete for a roster spot and if he shows he's deserving of a starting role, then he can have it. 

If Dean is looked at as a starter as of today, that tells me there would be no attempt to upgrade over him. The Eagles are saying Dean is good enough, we don't need to bring in a better player (who there are plenty available).

I think they made the same mistake with Blankenship last year. They looked at Blankenship as THE starting safety and rather than bring in someone to push him or even  compete with him, they brought in has been veterans to fill back up positions. For some reason, Blankenhips starting job was safe from day 1 despite only starting 4 games as an UDFA rookie. IMO, Blankenship is a backup/ST/extra safety who is great insurance to plug in if your starters get hurt. But when the Eagles think he's their best safety and injuries pile up, they don't have a guy like him to rely on, they have much worse players. 

I’m just reading the tea leaves. Howie doesn’t like to admit defeat on players unless it’s plainly obvious a guy can’t play (Reagor). 

I happen to believe he was right about Blankenship. He’s fine. The problem was the other safeties sucked. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

I’m just reading the tea leaves. Howie doesn’t like to admit defeat on players unless it’s plainly obvious a guy can’t play (Reagor). 

I happen to believe he was right about Blankenship. He’s fine. The problem was the other safeties sucked. 

Blankenship's play fell off but I don't think that means he's lost. Better coaching and he'll be back. I just generally agree with you. LB is not an expensive position to address in FA and they hate spending high picks so I think they'll go that route. My guess is Josey Jewell who is solid across the board but unspectacular.

Putting my Howie hat on and thinking outside of the box for LB ignoring FA and the draft while looking back at the AJ Brown trade. No one saw that coming. Maybe Howie makes a trade for a veteran. I'm looking at young LB who are FA after next year and maybe the current team will have different priorities. 

Here's a crazy thought. What would it take to trade for Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah? The Eagles have ties with the Browns and have traded with them in the past. Will never happen but having fun thinking about off the wall ways to improve LB.

35 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Well if he gets the Bucs' job, that's unlikely. 

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

If you’re doing this from your phone, open the link from the app into a web browser and once it changes from x.com to Twitter.com, paste in that link and it will embed for you. 

Ok thanks 

Just now, RLC said:

Well if he gets the Bucs' job, that's unlikely. 

Why they just lost one OC to a HCing  job 

Rodgers was serving an indefinite suspension. Before the season began, the NFL altered their suspension rules around gambling. I believe under these new rules, Rodgers would serve a 2 year suspension.  He bet directly on NFL games, I don’t anticipate him to be reinstated this season. 

2 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

If Kingsbury turns the O around he’s gone 

Where?  I don't see another team hiring him as HC.   Maybe in college. 

If he turns the O around then it will show he's a good offensive mind and OC.  He's proven in college and pros he's not a good HC.

Archived