EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

13 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Interesting that like Kingsbury it was a virtual meeting. Is that just a matter of convenience or not being that serious of a candidate?

Solak and Sheil railed on Kingsbury. Basically for the stats and things i said. The cardinals had a lot of the same issues the eagles had issues with. They didn’t use motion, they rarely went under center and their running game was really deceiving cause he would run murray into the ground early and then he’d get beat up and by seasons end the offense failed off. It’s why i would go another direction i think you need someone that’ll try to employ stuff mcvay and shanahan are doing 

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping for Barrett Carter if the Eagles were to use a 2nd round pick on a LB (Big IF).  My assumption is Edgerrin Cooper will be the first LB off the board (earlier than the Eagles will look at LB).  I think Carter would be a good 3-down LB in the NFL; apparently he's got very good coverage skills.

I like that he's more of a 'wrap up and throw down' tackler vs a huge hitter without the wrap up.  Coincidentally, that's also what I liked about Zach Cunningham in his college film, and he's always been good against the run in the NFL.  Maybe Carter would be better in coverage:

14 hours ago, DoWorx said:

nintendo switch lite

Nintendo-Switch-Lite-Console-Gray-Version-600x600.jpg

I just sold my Switch on eBay a couple of months ago.

spacer.png

Just now, Alphagrand said:

I'm hoping for Barrett Carter if the Eagles were to use a 2nd round pick on a LB (Big IF).  My assumption is Edgerrin Cooper will be the first LB off the board (earlier than the Eagles will look at LB).  I think Carter would be a good 3-down LB in the NFL; apparently he's got very good coverage skills.

I like that he's more of a 'wrap up and throw down' tackler vs a huge hitter without the wrap up.  Coincidentally, that's also what I liked about Zach Cunningham in his college film, and he's always been good against the run in the NFL.  Maybe Carter would be better in coverage:

Will be tough to draft him this year as he decided to return to school.

14 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

Why not fly? 

Because I’m a little **** when it comes to flying. 😂

1 minute ago, Know Life said:

I just sold my Switch on eBay a couple of months ago.

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Will be tough to draft him this year as he decided to return to school.

Cedric Gray, North Carolina:

Onto GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

36 minutes ago, McMVP said:

Didn’t the Bills start running the ball more when they made the change away from him at OC?  

Probably why we are interviewing him 

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Cedric Gray, North Carolina:

Onto GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Lots of missed tackles but I'm thinking or hoping he can get that fixed 

5 hours ago, paco said:

Do you get motion sickness?  That's the biggest hurdle for me, I can't read books, phone, laptop etc while traveling by car\train, so I usually end up sleeping or just staring vacantly out the window.

But if you have that much  time and the internets, why not challenge yourself and take a class that interests you?  There is a bunch of free s*** out there.  Right now I'm loading up on AI tech and going to shift over to cloud (Was going to do AWS but thinking of switching to Azure) soon

I don’t. And that’s an excellent idea. I took a CSS class a few years ago and enjoyed it. Usually, it’s hard for me to focus, but nothing should distract me on this trip, so it seems like the perfect opportunity. Thanks for the suggestion.

2 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

Blankenship's play fell off but I don't think that means he's lost. Better coaching and he'll be back. I just generally agree with you. LB is not an expensive position to address in FA and they hate spending high picks so I think they'll go that route. My guess is Josey Jewell who is solid across the board but unspectacular.

Jewell also had overlap in Denver with Fangio. He's a solid 3-down vet LB who won't command a top of the market deal. I'd be happy with him and a day 2 rookie.

26 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I've been saying DCs started confusing his RPO reads on him....

He needs to start running NFL stuff

19 minutes ago, Know Life said:

You're not alone.

I will never fly again. 

7 minutes ago, Know Life said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Meanwhile true to Eagles fashion we probably won't hear an official Fangio announcement for a few weeks

26 minutes ago, Know Life said:

There are benefits to flying (usually, the only one is the time you save), but there's also different benefits to the train.

A few years ago, I went to a conference in NYC.  I took Amtrak, while a bunch of other people were flying.   A huge thunderstorm kicked up.   A few of my friends who flew got stuck on the tar mat for a few hours while they waited for it to clear.   The Amtrak train also stopped for a bit while the worst of the storm battered the area.   BUT... I was sitting alone in a compartment for 4-6 people.   I had a large table available to me.  I had a beverage sitting on the table.  I had my laptop open... and charging... and free Wi-Fi.   So, while friends were texting their frustrations... I was streaming a movie, sipping a beverage and watching the lightning outside.   Very relaxing, all things considered.

15 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

You're not alone.

I will never fly again. 

I finally got my wife on a plane this summer for a trip with her twin sister and their family.   She was stressed the entire time, even though it was an uneventful, easy roughly 90 minute flight.   There are benefits to flying though its almost entirely time related.  But there are definitely drawbacks, too.   If you don't mind being treated as cattle... rammed into a tiny space... etc.  It's nice to save a lot of time.   Other than that, flying commercial (coach) is absolutely a brutal way to travel.    I did get the opportunity to fly business class from Frankfurt, Germany to PHL.   Was a great experience for me... even though we had a THREE hour delay on the plane, as they first fixed an issue with an engine, and then had a weather delay.  Because it was Lufthansa business, the seats went flat, I had a private screen for viewing whatever... and I was able to get some good rest.  Others... yeah, it had to be torture for others.

I use to fly multiple times a week for almost 20 years.  I'm so use to it I fall asleep before the plane leaves the gate :lol: 

3 minutes ago, paco said:

I use to fly multiple times a week for almost 20 years.  I'm so use to it I fall asleep before the plane leaves the gate :lol: 

I envy you.   Sleeping on a plane is impossible for me.   (Sleeping in general is tough!   I need pitch black, no noise (or white noise) and have to have space to be comfortable. ).  There's just so little room in coach seats.  And I'm not exactly a small guy.  (Like everyone on the EMB!) 

5 minutes ago, paco said:

I come from an airline family, so I have flown lots, and same. Dad was a pilot for Hawaiian, his sister was a stewardess for them and then moved to ground crew, my other Aunt worked for Alaska, my sister was a manager for Delta, my nephew flies for Hawaiian now....so yeah...lots 

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I envy you.   Sleeping on a plane is impossible for me.   (Sleeping in general is tough!   I need pitch black, no noise (or white noise) and have to have space to be comfortable. ).  There's just so little room in coach seats.  And I'm not exactly a small guy.  (Like everyone on the EMB!) 

I'm the same. 6'5". My wife falls asleep before takeoff but I just can't. My nephew drinks himself into a stupor but all that does is give me a headache.

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

One time I took one of those tiny prop planes from Dullus to Allentown.  I wake up to "sir, sir, it's time to get off".

I open my eyes and EVERYONE already deboarded, including the pilot :lol: 

Archived