EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, just relax said:

I'm the same. 6'5". My wife falls asleep before takeoff but I just can't. My nephew drinks himself into a stupor but all that does is give me a headache.

I'm 6'1" and I can hardly do coach...now I try and get the extra leg room seats. I can't imagine what it's like for you....

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, just relax said:

I'm the same. 6'5". My wife falls asleep before takeoff but I just can't. My nephew drinks himself into a stupor but all that does is give me a headache.

I'm only 6'4". :lol:  But... A healthy 250+ lbs.

16 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

There are benefits to flying (usually, the only one is the time you save), but there's also different benefits to the train.

A few years ago, I went to a conference in NYC.  I took Amtrak, while a bunch of other people were flying.   A huge thunderstorm kicked up.   A few of my friends who flew got stuck on the tar mat for a few hours while they waited for it to clear.   The Amtrak train also stopped for a bit while the worst of the storm battered the area.   BUT... I was sitting alone in a compartment for 4-6 people.   I had a large table available to me.  I had a beverage sitting on the table.  I had my laptop open... and charging... and free Wi-Fi.   So, while friends were texting their frustrations... I was streaming a movie, sipping a beverage and watching the lightning outside.   Very relaxing, all things considered.

The time I’d save is tempting, but not enough. I’d have to smoke myself into a coma before I could ever get on a plane. 😂

4 minutes ago, twistr said:

I'm 6'1" and I can hardly do coach...now I try and get the extra leg room seats. I can't imagine what it's like for you....

That was how I got bumped up by Lufthansa.  I had already bought their 'Coach Plus' seat, but they had empty seats in both first class and business class.  They were selling the upgrades for 50%... so apparently enough people bought to move up to Coach Plus... and then I got an instant surprise upgrade to business class.   It was such an awesome moment!   It was even better with how the flight turned out.  Instead of a bump from just over 12 hours on the plane, it became closer to 16 hours on the plane.   If you are going to be given a free upgrade... getting it on an intercontinental flight is one of the best outcomes!!!

50 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I've been saying DCs started confusing his RPO reads on him....

He needs to start running NFL stuff

Not so fast. The Eagles pulled Kelce, showing run action to the left. Miami sent two rushers through the vacated area and Opeta could only block one of them. It had nothing to do with an RPO. It's simply that Brian Johnson called the worst possible play against this blitz. Alternatively, if Hurts hands off to Swift it looks like a big gain.

5 minutes ago, just relax said:

Not so fast. The Eagles pulled Kelce, showing run action to the left. Miami sent two rushers through the vacated area and Opeta could only block one of them. It had nothing to do with an RPO. It's simply that Brian Johnson called the worst possible play against this blitz. Alternatively, if Hurts hands off to Swift it looks like a big gain.

If, as this poster said the read player on the RPO was the edge, Hurts would have figured the slant will be open when the edge shows blitz. So not running would have been the correct pre-snap read. But thats how defenses got smart to this RPO offense. They showed a pre-snap look, and then did something different after the ball was snapped. Thus, hurts reads were thrown off, and he was forced in to the wrong decision often, or looked indecisive... ended up holding the ball, taking sacks, bailing the pocket, etc.

Yes, the handoff there turned out to be the better option, but thats not what the pre-snap read would have showed Hurts. 

Whereas the RPO used to put a defender in a no win position, Defenses had begun to dictate which decision the QB should make. And they made sure he was making the wrong one by changing the look after the ball was snapped. Our offense ended up being called by opposing DCs each weak. 

6 hours ago, paco said:

Great.  So now where am I going to get rational, well thought out football insight?

Not sure I can handle 2 weeks without my daily dose of RAS, freakbeasts and UDFA playing out of position.

38 minutes ago, paco said:

I use to fly multiple times a week for almost 20 years.  I'm so use to it I fall asleep before the plane leaves the gate :lol: 

I'm jealous. I still can't sleep on a plane unless if I'm completely running on fumes. Even then I'm only nodding off for 15-20 minutes before I'm fully awake again.

12 minutes ago, paco said:

gQLprDu.jpeg

Is that one of those don't believe everything you see on the internet things?

29 minutes ago, just relax said:

Opeta could only block one of them.

he didn't even do that

Curious to see if the Eagles interview Arthur Smith. They liked him a lot when they were looking for head coaches.

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I mean, 76.4% of stats are completely made up according to Abraham Lincoln.

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Curious to see if the Eagles interview Arthur Smith. They liked him a lot when they were looking for head coaches.

It does feel like the Eagles are interviewing guys now but will some new name out of the hat at the end and say this is our guy.  Not sure if Bienemy, Smith, Kubiak, guy from college.

2 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

he didn't even do that

Not for lack of trying. He came off his man when the blitzer showed. There was no way he would ever get ‘em both. He was right to come off his man but he was F’d either way.

15 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

The last 1000 yard receiver the Patriots drafted was in 2009 with Edelman. Then the previous one was 1996 with Terry Glenn lol

Edit: Didn't think about TE so Gronk in 2010 as well. Grand total of 2? Didn't really look into the HC thing but that's surprisingly bad.

1 hour ago, Know Life said:

Because I’m a little **** when it comes to flying. 😂

I'm not a fan of flying either.

Anxiety is a **** at 30,000 feet.

When I absolutely have to, it's a few mini bottles of liquor and then a Xanny right before takeoff.

Just now, pgcd3 said:

It does feel like the Eagles are interviewing guys now but will some new name out of the hat at the end and say this is our guy.  Not sure if Bienemy, Smith, Kubiak, guy from college.

Going by what I think the Eagles will want - sexy offensive scheme, works well with QBs, play calling experience could potentially be promoted to head coach if Sirianni fails(this is secondary, but I think will be a small factor) I think Joe Brady is going to be in play if he doesn't get the Bills job. The Eagles interviewed him in 2021 for head coach. A sleeper is Jason Vrable. Passing game coordinator of the Packers. I bet Lurie was drooling at what they did to the Cowboys defense in that game with lesser WRs than the Eagles and a young inexperienced QB.

Not sure scheme wise Arthur Smith does anything exotic, but I think they'll probably interview him.

1 hour ago, pgcd3 said:

Meanwhile true to Eagles fashion we probably won't hear an official Fangio announcement for a few weeks

The day pitchers and catchers report.  

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

Going by what I think the Eagles will want - sexy offensive scheme, works well with QBs, play calling experience could potentially be promoted to head coach if Sirianni fails(this is secondary, but I think will be a small factor) I think Joe Brady is going to be in play if he doesn't get the Bills job. The Eagles interviewed him in 2021 for head coach. A sleeper is Jason Vrable. Passing game coordinator of the Packers. I bet Lurie was drooling at what they did to the Cowboys defense in that game with lesser WRs than the Eagles and a young inexperienced QB.

Not sure scheme wise Arthur Smith does anything exotic, but I think they'll probably interview him.

I figure Brady will get Bills job. In that regard Ken Dorsey is a name too.  The Bills defense improved at the end of the year so they started winning and it was perceived to be the offense but O results were actually similar

46 minutes ago, just relax said:

So why didnt he hand it off?

Archived