EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I envy you.   Sleeping on a plane is impossible for me.   (Sleeping in general is tough!   I need pitch black, no noise (or white noise) and have to have space to be comfortable. ).  There's just so little room in coach seats.  And I'm not exactly a small guy.  (Like everyone on the EMB!) 

After my irrational fear of flying kicked in, I can’t do flights over 3hr without the lay flats and bottomless booze.  But that helps for sleeping.

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping they dump the RPO as a staple, and instead use it as an occasional option. Hurts gets hit a lot more off the RPO than he does on QB scrambles or even draws.

If I'm building an offense, I'm going to sit my OC down, have him spend a month watching AR and Shanahan, and then build a scheme.

Unfortunately, they have to make these decisions before the draft and free agency, so Howie knows what groceries to shop for.

What I don't want to see next season is four receivers going deep, Hurts in an empty backfield trying to buy time and hoping one of his receivers knows to look back and see if he's in trouble.

And please add a RB who can actually pick up a blitz!

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Is that one of those don't believe everything you see on the internet things?

2 coaches to one WR by my count. 

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I can't help but like Kirk Cousins.

YOU LIKE THAT?!? 

Apologies if already posted, hope these guys spend 10 years together here

2024 NFC Championship prediction (the game in 2025, not the one this weekend):

Lions @ Eagles with the Eagles sporting a 14-3 or better regular season record. 

30 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

2024 NFC Championship prediction (the game in 2025, not the one this weekend):

Lions @ Eagles with the Eagles sporting a 14-3 or better regular season record. 

Lions lose their OC and the cakewalk schedule…

Not gonna lie I like Kirk 

9 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Alex tanney out

They are letting Brady interview for OC jobs but haven't cut him loose. Wonder if he is possible QB coach

16 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Alex tanney out

I met a family member of his and talked a little Eagles football once. That’s a bummer. 

26 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Alex tanney out

donald-glover-good.gif

50 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Lions lose their OC and the cakewalk schedule…

Yes, but since I have editing power, I can make sure that my prediction is 100% accurate when the time comes... err.. never mind, I didn't say that. These aren't the droids you're looking for...  :huh: 

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

With Tanney free to leave, does that mean we know who our OC is?

Doubtful.  He requested it.   And any new OC will bring in his own QB coach - it’s basically like an assistant OC in a lot of offenses. 

I hate to keep throwing barbs at Siri, but it's just interesting that the OC is bringing in their own QB coach.  I mean...we have our HC.  He can't make that call?

And if you are going to argue that Siri is making that call, how often does a HC survive cleaning house?  We are to believe that the entire coaching staff besides Siri was the problem?  Or is siri the human keyboard for Howie/Lurie to enter their commands...

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I hate to keep throwing barbs at Siri, but it's just interesting that the OC is bringing in their own QB coach.  I mean...we have our HC.  He can't make that call?

And if you are going to argue that Siri is making that call, how often does a HC survive cleaning house?  We are to believe that the entire coaching staff besides Siri was the problem?  Or is siri the human keyboard for Howie/Lurie to enter their commands...

I thought they stated the OC would pretty much be controlling the offense. So it makes sense to let the OC bring in at least some of his own staff.

We already know Stoutland will be here. And we know we can really use a new WR coach, and QB coach since Hurts regressed with this one.

8 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Siri can’t be trusted to have input. Him being a ventriloquist dummy is the only function he can serve on this team.

The less involved he is with the team, the better.

1 hour ago, pgcd3 said:

They are letting Brady interview for OC jobs but haven't cut him loose. Wonder if he is possible QB coach

He’s probably in the same boat as Patricia, a one year deal. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not under contract. 

Archived