EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

52 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yes, but since I have editing power, I can make sure that my prediction is 100% accurate when the time comes... err.. never mind, I didn't say that. These aren't the droids you're looking for...  :huh: 

we’ll have to see how Love builds on what happened at the end of this year. Lions’ window may have shut as quickly as it opened

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw someone bring up Alex Van Pelt for QB coach. Like the name.

3 hours ago, devpool said:

This is exactly why Purdy is not the mvp

This is basically the Eagles with and without Lane Johnson stat. 

7 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I finally got my wife on a plane this summer for a trip with her twin sister and their family.   She was stressed the entire time, even though it was an uneventful, easy roughly 90 minute flight.   There are benefits to flying though its almost entirely time related.  But there are definitely drawbacks, too.   If you don't mind being treated as cattle... rammed into a tiny space... etc.  It's nice to save a lot of time.   Other than that, flying commercial (coach) is absolutely a brutal way to travel.    I did get the opportunity to fly business class from Frankfurt, Germany to PHL.   Was a great experience for me... even though we had a THREE hour delay on the plane, as they first fixed an issue with an engine, and then had a weather delay.  Because it was Lufthansa business, the seats went flat, I had a private screen for viewing whatever... and I was able to get some good rest.  Others... yeah, it had to be torture for others.

For me, I just don't like heights.

I've flown numerous times but haven't since 2006.  I know the chances are extremely thin but my worst fear is being in a plane crash.

56 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

With Tanney free to leave, does that mean we know who our OC is?

So far we know they have interviewed:

Kellen Moore (Its good to note the Eagles interviewed him 3 years ago for the HC vacancy at the time)

Jerrod Johnson

Kliff Kingsbury 🤮 (Phone/Virtual?)

They have satisfied the rooney rule, and we haven't heard about them poking around any college coaches yet. Out of the 4 remaining teams, and not counting Ben Johnson, there's Klint Kubiak and not many others I would seriously look at.

Siri better have a good plan to get those 'fresh ideas'.

5 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

So far we know they have interviewed:

Kellen Moore (Its good to note the Eagles interviewed him 3 years ago for the HC vacancy at the time)

Jerrod Johnson

Kliff Kingsbury 🤮 (Phone/Virtual?)

They have satisfied the rooney rule, and we haven't heard about them poking around any college coaches yet. Out of the 4 remaining teams, and not counting Ben Johnson, there's Klint Kubiak and not many others I would seriously look at.

Siri better have a good plan to get those 'fresh ideas'.

It's sounding more and more like they want Bienemy honestly. Which, makes sense if you consider everything. 

"Who's a coach that we could get for OC who's good....but also unlikely to get a head coaching job in the next cycle?

Well we could go old guys...

Or we could go Bienemy."

Something like that probably.

If it were me I'd be tapping the older well but hey, to each their own.

26 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This is basically the Eagles with and without Lane Johnson stat. 

Stop it. Just let me have as many reasons to hate the 9ers as possible. Thanks.

31 minutes ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

It's sounding more and more like they want Bienemy honestly. Which, makes sense if you consider everything. 

"Who's a coach that we could get for OC who's good....but also unlikely to get a head coaching job in the next cycle?

Well we could go old guys...

Or we could go Bienemy."

Something like that probably.

If it were me I'd be tapping the older well but hey, to each their own.

Yes I’m thinking it’s Bienemy as well. When in doubt Lurie goes back to Reid

10 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

I've flown numerous times but haven't since 2006.  I know the chances are extremely thin but my worst fear is being in a plane crash.

I hear that.  Ironically, I hate heights, but feel quite at ease in a plane (I actually got to fly gliders at the USAFA in my younger days).  The 'control' the plane provides gives me comfort and the fact that I've actually landed a glider multiple times, including solos gives me a high confidence factor against a crash.  

I honestly can't find one name that checks all the boxes.

Innovative/cutting edge

Experienced play caller

Known to get the most out of QBs

Has worked in offenses that produced at a high level

Unlikely to get poached(secondary to the others)

Not sure there's one guy who checks all those boxes. Some check some but are unknowns with or don't check others.

Get baked and watch vintage Price is Right episodes.

It is a trip.

Just cut my ATT Uverse cable chords because the bill was getting crazy.

So I'm checking out the free channels on my Samsung Plus smart tv feature.

Pretty cool.

This episode is from 1982. Amazing to observe the differences between the eras. Bob Barker has already said about 5 things in this episode that would get him cancelled 🤣

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

Watched a YouTube video last week about a skydiver in the 1990s who, when it came time to pull the cord, realized he was wearing the backpack containing his video equipment instead of the one with the parachute.

There are small mistakes, big mistakes …. and that 

14 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Watched a YouTube video last week about a skydiver in the 1990s who, when it came time to pull the cord, realized he was wearing the backpack containing his video equipment instead of the one with the parachute.

There are small mistakes, big mistakes …. and that 

Ivan McGuire

Over 800 jumps

That particular jump was his third of the day. He almost forgot it a few times before that week confusing his recording equipment with a parachute.

That's the kind of panic I can't imagine.

And I suffer with crazy panic attacks.

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

Innovative/cutting edge

Experienced play caller

Not sure there's one guy who checks all those boxes. Some check some but are unknowns with or don't check others.

Bienemy doesn’t seem to get any HC gigs. Not sure he will if he didn’t after ball of the Chiefs success. 

With Panthers switching HC and Tanney asking to be let go, maybe we can grab Josh McCown as QB coach. 

2 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

We all have our things. It's funny flying in a plane looking out the window doesn't bother me at all. On a hike looking over a few thousand foot drop makes me freak a bit. Angels Landing is not on my bucket list.

Just now, Diehardfan said:

We all have our things. It's funny flying in a plane looking out the window doesn't bother me at all. On a hike looking over a few thousand foot drop makes me freak a bit. 

I've free climbed on the ledges of 5,000 feet peaks in the Appalachians. And loved every second of it.

But I need alcohol and Xanax to fly comfortably on an airplane.

Amazing how unique each of us is.

6 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

I've free climbed on the ledges of 5,000 feet peaks in the Appalachians. And loved every second of it.

Hell no. Watching Free Solo makes my hands sweat.

I wonder if Sirianni taking the public fall of moving on from Desai for Patricia as a stipulation for keeping his job when Howie obviously orchestrated that move.  

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

(I actually got to fly gliders at the USAF in my younger days).

Cool AF

2 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Innovative/cutting edge

Experienced play caller

uspw_5817448.0.jpg

49 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Free climbing.  That's insane. 

1 minute ago, jamiller said:

Free climbing.  That's insane. 

It really is. Never felt more alive though.

2 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Get baked and watch vintage Price is Right episodes.

It is a trip.

Just cut my ATT Uverse cable chords because the bill was getting crazy.

So I'm checking out the free channels on my Samsung Plus smart tv feature.

Pretty cool.

This episode is from 1982. Amazing to observe the differences between the eras. Bob Barker has already said about 5 things in this episode that would get him cancelled 🤣

The Addams Family on mushrooms.  Highly recommend.

--in some weird private room in a nightclub in the late '80s. Had to be an hour I was stuck in there (but was probably 9 minutes).

1 minute ago, jamiller said:

The Addams Family on mushrooms.  Highly recommend.

--in some weird private room in a nightclub in the late '80s. Had to be an hour I was stuck in there (but was probably 9 minutes).

There is a Samsung Plus channel that plays just Addams Family episodes.

I am making notes and clearing the calendar.

The pro bowl weekend...err skills weekend...sounds about right.

Archived