EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

3 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

Yes I’m thinking it’s Bienemy as well. When in doubt Lurie goes back to Reid

I think the truth is we were overwhelmingly likely to land either Rivera or Bienemy - but because that was the literal Washington staff, not both. Each by themselves is intriguing as a presented plan, but together, it'll sound bad because it's the same staff as the worst team in the NFCE, despite the roster being a prime part of why that was the case.

I actually don't think Bienemy is a bad choice at all, though I would have preferred someone who could help Nick better understand what he's missing as an offensive head coach. However, I think Bienemy works as a collaborator, and let's Nick have more of the 'good cop' vibe. It's funny, people outside the organization would assume by Nick's brash gameday personality he'd be more of the bad cop, but he's actually more good cop in terms of what you hear about how he handles his players. On the other hand, Bienemy and Fangio are very demanding, so I think the contrast might work well.

I actually wonder if that's a key part of why John Harbaugh works.

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jamiller said:

Free climbing.  That's insane. 

I love the Joe Rogan episode where the Navy Seal was climbing and got stuck at a point and all of a sudden a free climber was next to him with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth giving him advice. He was like get the hell away from me. 

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This is basically the Eagles with and without Lane Johnson stat. 

Two wildly different levels of importance between an OT and a WR, IMO. You should be able to win with backup WR (especially considering the other weapons in that offense), harder to win with backup OL.

7 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

I honestly can't find one name that checks all the boxes.

Innovative/cutting edge

Experienced play caller

Known to get the most out of QBs

Has worked in offenses that produced at a high level

Unlikely to get poached(secondary to the others)

Not sure there's one guy who checks all those boxes. Some check some but are unknowns with or don't check others.

Maybe because someone who checks all those boxes would be a HC already? 

One would think 🤔

5 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

We all have our things. It's funny flying in a plane looking out the window doesn't bother me at all. On a hike looking over a few thousand foot drop makes me freak a bit. Angels Landing is not on my bucket list.

I’m the same way. I’m good with heights on a plane or in a building, but watching those videos of workers climbing 1500’ radio towers just to change a light bulb at the top, where they don’t have any kind of surface to stand on can make me queasy. 

6 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

I've free climbed on the ledges of 5,000 feet peaks in the Appalachians. And loved every second of it.

But I need alcohol and Xanax to fly comfortably on an airplane.

Amazing how unique each of us is.

This pretty much explains my fear of flying.  I’ve never done any mountain climbing, but I’ve done my fair share of dangerous things (in my younger days anyway).  I realize flying is very safe according to the statistics, but for me it’s just about not being in control of the situation.  I don’t know what that pilot was doing the night before (or a few hours before).  

I don’t really even care for riding shotgun in a car…unless I really trust the driver

57 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Maybe because someone who checks all those boxes would be a HC already? 

One would think 🤔

Pretty much

25 minutes ago, McMVP said:

This pretty much explains my fear of flying.  I’ve never done any mountain climbing, but I’ve done my fair share of dangerous things (in my younger days anyway).  I realize flying is very safe according to the statistics, but for me it’s just about not being in control of the situation.  I don’t know what that pilot was doing the night before (or a few hours before).  

I don’t really even care for riding shotgun in a car…unless I really trust the driver

Funny cause it's true.

10 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

For me, I just don't like heights.

I've flown numerous times but haven't since 2006.  I know the chances are extremely thin but my worst fear is being in a plane crash.

It's weird.  I'm terrified of heights but flying never bothered me.  Put me in a tall building and I can't get near a window but I'll stare out of a plane window all day long.

7 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Hell no. Watching Free Solo makes my hands sweat.

I first saw that dude at a Banff film festival back in 2010.  I wanted to run out of the theater screaming :lol: 

8 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Watched a YouTube video last week about a skydiver in the 1990s who, when it came time to pull the cord, realized he was wearing the backpack containing his video equipment instead of the one with the parachute.

There are small mistakes, big mistakes …. and that 

Spoiler Alert:

Spoiler

Splat!

Was very happy with the first 4 picks. 
PHI

29. Kamren Kinchens S Miami (FL)

50. Edgerrin Cooper LB Texas A&M

53. Ruke Orhorhoro DT (3-4 end) Clemson 

61. Max Melton CB Rutgers

97. Roman Wilson WR Michigan

159. Dillon Johnson RB Washington

169. Jay Stanley S Southern Miss

177. M.J. Devonshire CB Pittsburgh

188. Xavier Thomas EDGE Clemson

Free agency: LB Jordyn Brooks, CB Jaylon Johnson, S Kamren Curl 

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I’m the same way. I’m good with heights on a plane or in a building, but watching those videos of workers climbing 1500’ radio towers just to change a light bulb at the top, where they don’t have any kind of surface to stand on can make me queasy. 

I remember watching that movie about that French high wire walker or whatever you call it.  He's the one that walked across a wire that was connected to each of the twin towers in NYC.  

I know it was a movie but I had a tough time watching those scenes where he's up there walking those wires.  Just insane and the f***ing balls on that guy for doing that.

7 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

I think the truth is we were overwhelmingly likely to land either Rivera or Bienemy - but because that was the literal Washington staff, not both. Each by themselves is intriguing as a presented plan, but together, it'll sound bad because it's the same staff as the worst team in the NFCE, despite the roster being a prime part of why that was the case.

I actually don't think Bienemy is a bad choice at all, though I would have preferred someone who could help Nick better understand what he's missing as an offensive head coach. However, I think Bienemy works as a collaborator, and let's Nick have more of the 'good cop' vibe. It's funny, people outside the organization would assume by Nick's brash gameday personality he'd be more of the bad cop, but he's actually more good cop in terms of what you hear about how he handles his players. On the other hand, Bienemy and Fangio are very demanding, so I think the contrast might work well.

I actually wonder if that's a key part of why John Harbaugh works.

Could be.  Bienemy & Fangio might be what this team needs atm  

Interesting that we haven’t heard a darn thing about Bieniemy. Maybe Washington is keeping him around for Ben Johnson or maybe the league doesn’t value him that highly. 

1 hour ago, paco said:

It's weird.  I'm terrified of heights but flying never bothered me.  Put me in a tall building and I can't get near a window but I'll stare out of a plane window all day long.

The main shopping mall in my city is 6 or 7 levels high.  I can't go past the 2nd without feeling uneasy.

1 hour ago, McMVP said:

Pretty much how I feel.  

They say flying is safer but if you get in a car accident at least there's a chance you survive.  Plane crash you're most likely f***ed.

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Interesting that we haven’t heard a darn thing about Bieniemy. Maybe Washington is keeping him around for Ben Johnson or maybe the league doesn’t value him that highly. 

Bieniemy is kinda known as a hard coach.  That could be good because I think sometimes the players need a coach to be tough on them.

Although some guys might not like that style.  Looking at you.......AJ Brown.

Whatever happened to Byron Leftwich? I know he got fired but weird he went from HC interviews one year to disappearing from the league

15 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Whatever happened to Byron Leftwich? I know he got fired but weird he went from HC interviews one year to disappearing from the league

Yeah was thinking of him as QB coach

42 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I think Washington has him locked up in case they go with a defensive hire.  Expect that to resolved Monday or Tuesday

3 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

I think Washington has him locked up in case they go with a defensive hire.  Expect that to resolved Monday or Tuesday

Usually the agent leaks out that information to the national guys who the pass off the tweet as "Teams have expressed interest in X but the team has blocked interview requests.”

If Joe Barry indeed interviewed there for DC he’s still available as LB coach.

Archived