EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

3 hours ago, McMVP said:

This pretty much explains my fear of flying.  I’ve never done any mountain climbing, but I’ve done my fair share of dangerous things (in my younger days anyway).  I realize flying is very safe according to the statistics, but for me it’s just about not being in control of the situation.  I don’t know what that pilot was doing the night before (or a few hours before).  

I don’t really even care for riding shotgun in a car…unless I really trust the driver

Same.  I'm not scared to fly but the whole lack of control thing gives me anxiety.  The moment you walk in an airport you are giving up control with the airline employees, TSA, the pilots etc.  That's why I pop a cannabis edible as soon as I get there, find the nearest bar when I get through security and don't stop throwing them back until I land.  To get over the anxiety of not having control.

I'm the same with other people driving as well.  Can only relax with people I really trust like my brother or my dad or friends I know are good drivers.  I'd rather drive across the country at the wheel than give it to somebody who I don't trust.

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for all you Alex Singleton haters to eat some crow…

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

The writer choosing him over Surtain should be really embarrassed. 

The sad thing is if Alex Singleton were still here he'd be our best LB by far.

Just now, ManuManu said:

The writer choosing him over Surtain should be really embarrassed. 

Couldn’t tell ya.  But we sure do miss his 177 tackles this year.  Our LB’s should be envious. 

One thing to remember, a lot of really good coordinators flopped at being HCs, b/c it's a different skill set.

So you should ignore their track record at HC, even on their side of the ball, and focus on their history as a coordinator.

Sydney Brown just had his ACL surgery. Anyone know why they would wait this long to do it? It's been almost a month?

56 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

League worst 5 yards per carry allowed...  Yeah, that sounds exactly like an Alex Singleton type team.   He loved to make tackles 8-12 yards down field on a run.  6th most points allowed... again... yeah, seems like an Alex Singleton type team.  

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Sydney Brown just had his ACL surgery. Anyone know why they would wait this long to do it? It's been almost a month?

I think they have to wait for the swelling to go down before they can operate.   Maybe that took some extra time.   🤷‍♂️

56 minutes ago, metal said:

Sad!

11 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Swelling usually 

Pete Carmichael hasn't been discussed a ton as OC. Hard to know what to make of him since he was under Payton for so many years.

58 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Get swelling down and pre-hab

2 hours ago, metal said:

We’ve seen it time and time again. Linebackers exposed here playing in a god awful group go elsewhere and prove solid.  Just so sick of neglecting the position. 

8 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

He'll do well and it'll make the Eagles look worse.

Considering the personnel, I didn't think Desai did that bad a of job as DC.  His game plans to start the games were conservative but second half adjustments were pretty good.  Definitely better than what Patricia did

11 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

He'll do well and it'll make the Eagles look worse.

I doubt he’s a serious candidate. He sat around for teams to hire last year and no one wanted him. Then he put together a messy unit.

Just now, ManuManu said:

I doubt he’s a serious candidate. He sat around for teams to hire last year and no one wanted him. Then he put together a messy unit.

McDermott might have a soft spot for DCs fired by Eagles

Desai is only going to be a DC for a HC who calls the defense (ex: McDermott, Morris).

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

One thing to remember, a lot of really good coordinators flopped at being HCs, b/c it's a different skill set.

So you should ignore their track record at HC, even on their side of the ball, and focus on their history as a coordinator.

All true, and that works on the defensive side of the ball as well.  Fangio gets ripped for his time in Denver but who was his best QB?  Drew Lock, or the WR that played QB during 2020 (Covid). 

As far as their OC hire goes, it'll have to be an experienced play caller, remember Nick didn't call plays for Reich at Indy, and he was awful here calling plays.  I think Lurie likes the idea of Kingsbury because he was a HC, plus he'll call his own plays, while Nick is doing whatever, cleaning toilets. Kingsbury being Riley's OC is another plus for Lurie and Howie because they love that dude, and if they hire Kingsbury as the OC I'd expect Riley to be the HC here in 2025, and for Nick to kick rocks at the end of next season. 

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

League worst 5 yards per carry allowed...  Yeah, that sounds exactly like an Alex Singleton type team.   He loved to make tackles 8-12 yards down field on a run.  6th most points allowed... again... yeah, seems like an Alex Singleton type team.  

Alex Singleton is a better tackler than anyone in our entire back 7. 

Edit: Just looked up his stats for this past season - 177 tackles - 2 sacks - 6TFL - 6 QB Hits

Archived