EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

9 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Greg Lewis potential candidate for OC?  Coached under Doug here in 2016, coached under Andy and won Two Super Bowla and now this season on the Ravens.  Trying to figure out the mystery person they have their eyes on of the remaining teams.

I'm not sure there is a mystery person.  They've been able to interview guys this week and we haven't heard of any.  If you look around the league all the OC hires are going at a pretty slow pace. Zoom then in person days later for some.

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Greg Lewis potential candidate for OC?  Coached under Doug here in 2016, coached under Andy and won Two Super Bowla and now this season on the Ravens.  Trying to figure out the mystery person they have their eyes on of the remaining teams.

Kubiak 

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

No one falls up more than Kliff

I dont want him here

The Eagles always have someone in mind. Don’t think they would’ve came into this without someone they wanted and just interview a bunch of guys and pick one. I’m guessing they’re waiting on someone. Whether it’s to see if Joe Brady gets the Bills job or someone coaching this weekend.

2 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

Alex Singleton is a better tackler than anyone in our entire back 7. 

Edit: Just looked up his stats for this past season - 177 tackles - 2 sacks - 6TFL - 6 QB Hits

Are we box score scouting?

Name this monster:

Only 95 tackles, but 3 sacks, 12 TFLs, 5 QB hits and 1 safety.   (in only 12 starts)

Here are two truths:  

1 - the Eagles back 7 was putrid.
2 - Alex Singleton sucks.

These are not mutually exclusive statements.  Both can be true at the same time.

59 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

So if the Eagles have a top 3 offense next year and Hurts has a great year, you think our OC won't be a HC in 2025?  That's a simple fact, not a narrative.

Some of you guys can make a conspiracy theory out of anything.

Yeah, if Joe Brady is available he would immediately be my first choice.

Almost like we should have just kept him 

47 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Your predictive abilities are incredible.

Best indicator of future performance is what again?

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Word

thats what the players wanted allegedly

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Maybe he would have sucked just like Desai and Patricia. 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yup.

29 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

The Eagles always have someone in mind. Don’t think they would’ve came into this without someone they wanted and just interview a bunch of guys and pick one. I’m guessing they’re waiting on someone. Whether it’s to see if Joe Brady gets the Bills job or someone coaching this weekend.

Brady would be a fantastic hire if the Bills stupidly decide not to resign him. 

Just now, pgcd3 said:

Now they need to get him some personnel. 

Wonder if Howie breaks the mold now and puts real assets into S and LB. I'll believe it when I see it. 

1 hour ago, justwinbaby said:

How many of those were played in SF or somewhere warm? 

The last dome team @ grass team matchup was 2017. I don't have that number, but briefly looking at list below was most recent dome team at warm weather
 2012: San Francisco 49ers 28, Atlanta Falcons 24 

https://clutchpoints.com/nfc-championship-game-history-wins-losses-results-teams

3 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

Wonder if Howie breaks the mold now and puts real assets into S and LB. I'll believe it when I see it. 

He's put assets into S before... Jenkins and McLeod, but back then our CBs sucked.  

Would have been ecstatic about this last year, but couldn't be any less underwhelmed now.

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

If the Eagles have a resurgent 2024...who is the most valuable coach on the team?  The OC or Siri?

Obviously since the OC was only difference between 2023 and 2024.

If that was to happen the eagles will risk losing that OC again like they did after '17 and '22 season <_<

20 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

He's put assets into S before... Jenkins and McLeod, but back then our CBs sucked.  

Yep. He’s been willing to spend on safety. That’s why I kind of think they go into free agency and sign a linebacker and sign a safety. Really you can’t rely on Sidney Brown for much of the year next year. Because of his injury being so late in the year and he really had not shown enough to warrant being a full-time starter.. And it’s a pretty nice safety market.

they also went after Marcus Williams who was expensive a couple off seasons back. Came down to ravens and the eagles 

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

They didn't do anything out of the ordinary picking those guys up maybe they did spend more than usual on McLeod. I'd say the Jenkins signing just happened to work out for the Eagles. He was not a top commodity that off-season and they didn't spend a ton getting him and then refused to re-sign him cuz they didn't want to spend an extra half million or something ridiculous. Even with those guys that was nearly 10 years ago now. CJ is the only other S that's been legit 

Archived