EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, justwinbaby said:

They didn't do anything out of the ordinary picking those guys up maybe they did spend more than usual on McLeod. I'd say the Jenkins signing just happened to work out for the Eagles. He was not a top commodity that off-season and they didn't spend a ton getting him and then refused to re-sign him cuz they didn't want to spend an extra half million or something ridiculous. Even with those guys that was nearly 10 years ago now. CJ is the only other S that's been legit 

I don't understand.  Signing players in free agency doesn't count because it wasn't "out of the ordinary"?  What does that even mean?

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, McMVP said:

This pretty much explains my fear of flying.  I’ve never done any mountain climbing, but I’ve done my fair share of dangerous things (in my younger days anyway).  I realize flying is very safe according to the statistics, but for me it’s just about not being in control of the situation.  I don’t know what that pilot was doing the night before (or a few hours before).  

I don’t really even care for riding shotgun in a car…unless I really trust the driver

That's partially why there's two of them. And they're quite heavily vetted usually.

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I don't understand.  Signing players in free agency doesn't count because it wasn't "out of the ordinary"?  What does that even mean?

Just meant the amount of money/draft picks spent getting high level players at a position. Those 2 guys worked out but they didn't spend anything out of the ordinary with Jenkins. They sign LBs in free agency too every off-season.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I’d add they went in on Marcus Williams couple of seasons back. Ravens edged them out but eagles apparently gave him a somewhat comparable contract. 

8 hours ago, paco said:

It's weird.  I'm terrified of heights but flying never bothered me.  Put me in a tall building and I can't get near a window but I'll stare out of a plane window all day long.

The one that gets me is extension ladders. Those things move way too much and the top is not usually secured. Planes are fine, ladders secured to a structure are okay, ladders free standing? Nope.

I have zero concern about Fangio, mediocre is the floor

18 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

For me, I just don't like heights.

I've flown numerous times but haven't since 2006.  I know the chances are extremely thin but my worst fear is being in a plane crash.

Sit toward the back if you can. There's no guarantee of course but passengers toward the back often fare better than those toward the front. There's a reason that "black boxes" (flight and cockpit voice recorders) are usually located near the tail.

14 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d add they went in on Marcus Williams couple of seasons back. Ravens edged them out but eagles apparently gave him a somewhat comparable contract. 

We also almost landed Devin Mccourty before he went back to NE for less

1 hour ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Some of you guys can make a conspiracy theory out of anything.

An OC turning around the offense, getting a HC job, and leaving our team without someone to run it is a conspiracy theory?

Wow.

14 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Sit toward the back if you can. There's no guarantee of course but passengers toward the back often fare better than those toward the front. There's a reason that "black boxes" (flight and cockpit voice recorders) are usually located near the tail.

I've heard that before but I don't have to worry.  I won't be flying again.

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

If Kingsbury turns the offense around, you are going to have to keep him on board by making him the HC.  That's going to be an epic coup.

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

Your predictive abilities are incredible.

:lol:

Just now, we_gotta_believe said:

:lol:

If you want to keep him, that’s what it’d take.  

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

An OC turning around the offense, getting a HC job, and leaving our team without someone to run it is a conspiracy theory?

Wow.

No the theory that we're hiring Kingsbury to be the heir apparent to Sirianni. 

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Are we box score scouting?

Name this monster:

Only 95 tackles, but 3 sacks, 12 TFLs, 5 QB hits and 1 safety.   (in only 12 starts)

Here are two truths:  

1 - the Eagles back 7 was putrid.
2 - Alex Singleton sucks.

These are not mutually exclusive statements.  Both can be true at the same time.

He obviously doesn’t "suck”.  It’s ok to eat crow once in a while.  I do it all the time when I’m wrong.  Trust me, it will make you feel better.  🙂 

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Wow.

You had him taking siris job

Bienemy to me seemed like he was only good at causing his QB to throw picks? What am I missing?

10 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

If you want to keep him, that’s what it’d take.  

Right because you definitely see head coaches getting fired all the time to prevent OCs from being poached. 

For those who don't like heights, this job is probably the worst you can do.

54 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Looks good to me. Anyone crapping on his DVOA from 20 years ago is being disingenuous. Of those recent teams, the ones that were great also had great LB play. Hope Fangio is pounding the table.

19 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

He obviously doesn’t "suck”.  It’s ok to eat crow once in a while.  I do it all the time when I’m wrong.  Trust me, it will make you feel better.  🙂 

:lol:.  Yeah... Singleton is the next Mike Singletary.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

:lol:.  Yeah... Singleton is the next Mike Singletary.

No one ever said that.  But he certainly doesn’t "suck” and he seems to have found a place where he can shine. 

3 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

No one ever said that.  But he certainly doesn’t "suck” and he seems to have found a place where he can shine. 

Still waiting to see if you figured out who the stud with more sacks, twice as many TFL and a safety is.  Way better than Singleton.  

On 1/16/2024 at 10:00 AM, Connecticut Eagle said:

Rebuild?  Really?

This team only needs to get the right five dudes to get back to championship level:

An OC, a DC, and a quality player at CB, LB, and S.

That's one.  Four more.

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Still waiting to see if you figured out who the stud with more sacks, twice as many TFL and a safety is.  Way better than Singleton.  

I was going to guess TJ Edwards (we should have probably kept him too) but he played a full season.  

I looked it up and Morrow was pretty good at times this year - when healthy. 

Archived