EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

That weird wording makes it sound like the Eagles are hiring him…

Vince McMahon is the main reason I lost interest in scripted wrestling decades ago.  It was always obvious the guy was a scumbag.  He had vision, though.  Bought up or drove out most of the independent promotions and took the industry national, then international.

I preferred watching WCW and ECW in the 90s.  Unfortunately, Bischoff was incompetent and let his "guys” run things as far as bookings, etc.  He was given a blank check by Turner to buy the superstar talent, but didn’t have the managerial ability to keep it thriving long term.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

That weird wording makes it sound like the Eagles are hiring him…

RTK is taking a stab at Eskin.  (Basically saying anything Eskin reports never ends up happening) 

2 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Well, if Eskin says so …….

One yawn candidate of many tbh. One of the many reasons Sirianni should have been fired. Could get a real offensive mind in here, which you aren't going to get with the position they're in.

2 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Could this be good or bad?    Generally speaking... when we bring in a Dallas player, it turns out poorly.  Moore didn't play for the Cowboys, but coached them.   Where does that put us?  

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Could this be good or bad?    Generally speaking... when we bring in a Dallas player, it turns out poorly.  Moore didn't play for the Cowboys, but coached them.   Where does that put us?  

When we bring in ex Chargers OCs good things happen

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

One yawn candidate of many tbh. One of the many reasons Sirianni should have been fired. Could get a real offensive mind in here, which you aren't going to get with the position they're in.

Moore is a proven commodity 

Moore has the best history of play calling of any candidate out there. 

I know everyone is going to hate it just because its eagles news and most people seem to hate anything the eagles do these days. But Kellen Moore is the candidate that checked the most boxes that this thread came up with. 

As a brief refresher, he is said to utilize a lot more motion, as well as play action. While still running RPOs and zone runs. So a mix of what we already do, combined with the main things we have been wanting the team to do more of. 

People wanted someone with experience calling an O. He has that as well. 

2 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Moore has the best history of play calling of any candidate out there. 

Agreed. 

From checking Chargers reddit, this was the consensus on Moore:

Play calling got conservative in the 2nd half and in tight games

Would go back to the same play call multiple times per game no matter how many times it didn't work

Offense got stale and predictable and didn't adjust as the season progressed

Would force square pegs into round holes

They were excited to see him go. Take it FWIW.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I know everyone is going to hate it just because its eagles news and most people seem to hate anything the eagles do these days. But Kellen Moore is the candidate that checked the most boxes that this thread came up with. 

As a brief refresher, he is said to utilize a lot more motion, as well as play action. While still running RPOs and zone runs. So a mix of what we already do, combined with the main things we have been wanting the team to do more of. 

People wanted someone with experience calling an O. He has that as well. 

I love it.  He was the most proven NFL play caller available.

Just now, Sack that QB said:

Would go back to the same play call multiple times per game no matter how many times it didn't work

Funny thing is if you go back in history I remember them saying the same type of things about Steichen and he didn't even have the prior success with another team

Kellen Moore talking about what his plan is with the Chargers offense.

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

This is what every NFL fan thinks of their team's offense if it isn't flat out dominant.

Just now, pgcd3 said:

Funny thing is if you go back in history I remember them saying the same type of things about Steichen and he didn't even have the prior success with another team

One of the things I saw from a brief skim of Chargers reddit is they said Cowboys fans tried to warn us about Moore but we didn't listen, but everything they warned us about turned out to be true.

But it really is hard to judge coordinators. Not everything is 2+2=4 and it's much more complicated and a lot of success and failures are very circumstantial. Though I will say the best Herbert looked was under Steichen. He looked much better under him than under Moore.

But it's not like there was some amazing candidate out there that the Eagles could get.

Baldy breakdowns showing a lot of Dallas' pre-snap motion with Kellen Moore.

4 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Well, Hurts is Dak with balls.

not sure Hurts can be Dak at all. But we will find out it Eskin for once is right.

Archived