EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

One of the things I saw from a brief skim of Chargers reddit is they said Cowboys fans tried to warn us about Moore but we didn't listen, but everything they warned us about turned out to be true.

But it really is hard to judge coordinators. Not everything is 2+2=4 and it's much more complicated and a lot of success and failures are very circumstantial. Though I will say the best Herbert looked was under Steichen. He looked much better under him than under Moore.

But it's not like there was some amazing candidate out there that the Eagles could get.

Herbert was never going to look his best with Mike Williams missing all year, and Ekeler MIA all year.  Cried and whined about money all offseason, then ran for 3.5 yards per carry.  An absolute stiff.

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing from anyone else about Moore so taking it with a grain of salt at this point.

Moore IMO was the best option of the bunch, particularly considering Sirianni is entering the year on the hot seat. 

Jerrod Johnson carried too much risk, and Kingsbury was incredibly underwhelming. 

Moore was considered too aggressive and fast paced in Dallas. Or as McCarthy put it, Moore wanted to score too many points. Interesting that he allegedly was too conservative in the second half. 

The actual chargers offense with Moore OC.

You see how he schemes Keenan Allen open. Now he will have 2 WRs to do this stuff with. 

This is one of the threads, I browsed, you can read it for some opinions

Kellen had the same amount of time and didn’t do much. Losing Linsley, even with how important he is to the OL, should not instantly make your OL look like complete, utter crap. Besides that he never really put his players in positions to succeed. Why we never saw a deep post or a go route for Derius Davis will forever haunt me. Why early on QJ was being used like a Mike Will clone is beyond stupidity. Why he loves running the ball on first downs even when the team’s averaging 1.5ypc is insanity. Why he gets cute and runs these dope jet sweeps with slow ass guys at the most inopportune times is Fing annoying. But the inability to not figure out how to stop teams from running zero blitz on game-deciding drives is the absolute dope cherry ontop. How are you an NFL playcaller and opposing DCs know that you can’t protect versus more than a 4-man front…

Fire him and fire him after the season. Kellen’s not the answer, this offense looked anemic af and at times was worse than Joe Lombardi’s.

Very good Brett Kollman video on Moore's offense

39 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Could this be good or bad?    Generally speaking... when we bring in a Dallas player, it turns out poorly.  Moore didn't play for the Cowboys, but coached them.   Where does that put us?  

Dallas Cowboys release veteran quarterback Kellen Moore, promote TE from  practice squad - Blogging The Boys

25 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

not sure Hurts can be Dak at all. But we will find out it Eskin for once is right.

Well, it'll take some work to teach him to choke on a regular basis in the playoffs.

18 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Moore IMO was the best option of the bunch, particularly considering Sirianni is entering the year on the hot seat. 

Jerrod Johnson carried too much risk, and Kingsbury was incredibly underwhelming. 

Moore was considered too aggressive and fast paced in Dallas. Or as McCarthy put it, Moore wanted to score too many points. Interesting that he allegedly was too conservative in the second half. 

I think bringing Johnson on in some roll would still be a wise move. He's probably smart to stick with Houston though as Stroud is the real deal and the better he plays, the better Johnson looks. You also have to assume that there will be a DeMeco Ryans coaching tree starting at some point.

We'll see who they target as QB coach now and if they change any other staff.

The biggest issue I recall Cowboys Twitter having with Moore was too many 2nd and 10 runs. I’m not sure many in here will have a problem with that (I will). 

A lot of the Chargers issues last year were injury related. Ekeler got hurt week 1 and was never the same. Herbert went down. Linsley missed all year. Mike Williams played 3 games. QJ was a bust (who would pick a TCU WR at 21?). Their OL wasn't good regardless of scheme.

Watch the Dallas film. Kellen was creative.

Just now, ManuManu said:

The biggest issue I recall Cowboys Twitter having with Moore was too many 2nd and 10 runs. I’m not sure many in here will have a problem with that (I will). 

He runs a lot of outside zone. Think Swift would fit in his offense 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

A 2nd and 10 run with our OL and hopefully still an RB like Swift is a hell of a lot more effective than a WR screen.

If the brotherly shove remains a large part of our offense, I dont have a problem taking a few yards on 2nd, and just a few again on 3rd. 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

He runs a lot of outside zone. Think Swift would fit in his offense 

considering thats what we already did, and Swift was good at it- yes.

But when it didnt work, he ran the G-T Counter as explained in the Kollman video. This year, we had no answer when outside zone didnt work. Moore, apparently does.

I will say this, when they lost Prescott last year he was able to scheme an offense to help Cooper Rush succeed, which was very impressive. I'm fine with it. I'm not happy Sirianni wasn't fired, but this is one of the guys I would've been ok with. Probably same level as Joe Brady.

Maybe Ken Dorsey as QB coach?

By the way, Kellen Moore could easily still be playing. This would have been like year 12 in his playing career. 

He was said to be a brilliant offensive mind even as a draft prospect out of Boise State. 

He retired and instantly became QB coach at the team he played for. And OC one year later. Everyone expected him to ascend quickly to HC and that hasnt worked out for him.... YET.

But hes really still very early in his coaching career. At this point in his career, a lot of guys might just be getting their chance at OC. Its only been 4 or 5 seasons of coaching for him. 

Now he has had 2 HCs in Dallas, another one in LA, now he comes to Philly. Im sure hes been soaking a lot of information in along the way and it stands to reason he is still an ascending coach. 

Archived