EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

one of the videos I posted shows him scheming open Keenan Allen. A guy who hardly needs it. Its exciting to think he can do that with AJ Brown, AND DeVonta Smith.

Not to mention, he used his TE in the red zone which would be nice. And he had a slot WR in Cedric Wilson make a name for himself at Dallas. 

Some of our skill players should be very excited. 

For the guys who wanted a Rams or 49ers coach for their motions, you really did just get a big motion guy.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

By the way, Kellen Moore could easily still be playing. This would have been like year 12 in his playing career. 

He was said to be a brilliant offensive mind even as a draft prospect out of Boise State. 

He retired and instantly became QB coach at the team he played for. And OC one year later. Everyone expected him to ascend quickly to HC and that hasnt worked out for him.... YET.

But hes really still very early in his coaching career. At this point in his career, a lot of guys might just be getting their chance at OC. Its only been 4 or 5 seasons of coaching for him. 

Now he has had 2 HCs in Dallas, another one in LA, now he comes to Philly. Im sure hes been soaking a lot of information in along the way and it stands to reason he is still an ascending coach. 

Right it's not all about exactly what they've done in the past.  Where do you think they can take you now is the question? And a great offensive mind can continue to adapt.  Same on defense

Was scheduled to interview with the Bucs on Monday. Hired by the Eagles before he finished his interviews. Wonder if the Eagles offered him a lot of money and he just said F it I'll take the job.

Just now, pgcd3 said:

I cant help but be skeptical of Hurts' ability to understand how to use the motions. But, time will tell. Glad the kid gloves are off. He needs to take the next step in his development too, or else hold the team back. It is time. Rent is due.

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

For the guys who wanted a Rams or 49ers coach for their motions, you really did just get a big motion guy.

I’m ok with Moore. I like him way better than Kingsbury. What was his percentage under center snaps?

Just now, Sack that QB said:

Was scheduled to interview with the Bucs on Monday. Hired by the Eagles before he finished his interviews. Wonder if the Eagles offered him a lot of money and he just said F it I'll take the job.

someone implied that this wouldnt be an attractive job. But Im sure an OC looks at these WRs. This OL. TE. Maybe even QB.... and knows they have a big opportunity here.

This is such a better hire than Kingsbury. Glad they went this route instead. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

someone implied that this wouldnt be an attractive job. But Im sure an OC looks at these WRs. This OL. TE. Maybe even QB.... and knows they have a big opportunity here.

Never agreed with that narrative. And I also didn't agree with the Eagles not being an attractive head coaching job if Sirianni was fired. The Eagles really are an executive and coach factory. This is a great place to come if you want to further your career potential. And they have a very good roster with an aggressive GM to bring in talent.

Hopefully Howie gets him a legit slot WR.

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Probably a combo of that and the Eagles being a good opportunity to jump to a HC position. A lot easier to look good with our talent on offense especially after how dreadful we looked at the end of the season.

Never agreed with that narrative. And I also didn't agree with the Eagles not being an attractive head coaching job if Sirianni was fired. The Eagles really are an executive and coach factory. This is a great place to come if you want to further your career potential. And they have a very good roster with an aggressive GM to bring in talent.

Hopefully Howie gets him a legit slot WR.

Cedric Wilson is due to be a free agent. 

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

IMG_0274.jpeg

DeVonta Smith could be a real sidler with that route tree:

Interesting that the chargers blocked him from interviewing until harbaugh was hired 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

IMG_0274.jpeg

Very nice. Now- What QB1 sees.

QB1.png

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Cedric Wilson is due to be a free agent. 

Wouldn't be shocked if they pursue him. Think they might draft someone too. Mainly I think they'll be focused on getting Fangio toys to work with on defense.

Wouldn't be shocked if they pursue him. Think they might draft someone too. Mainly I think they'll be focused on getting Fangio toys to work with on defense.

Agreed. They dont have many needs on offense. Free agent RBs will be fairly cheap even if its Swift again. Need a legit WR3 which should come from FA, but I dont want to completely pass on WR in this draft because its looking like one of the best WR drafts ever. And, we can use a WR3/4 as well. We had no depth there this year. And if Moore has Hurts getting more people involved, those guys need to be better than who we have.

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I said it might not be that attractive unless Sirianni gave up control of the offense. Well, he did, and that made it attractive. 

This is what we thought Siri needed when he was first hired. Strong coordinators. We got one known as one of the best in the game, who has HC experience. And we got one with one of the brightest offensive minds, still up and coming. 

Many will be happy- Siri will little to no excuses this year.

I think his one copout may be if the offense is looking nice, but is clearly held back by Hurts' ability to orchestrate the passing game. Then you keep this staff around and begin working on finding the next QB. 

Anyone have the numbers of under center snaps the chargers played in 2022 and cowboys in 2021?

Archived