EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

If the Eagles win a lot of games next season and the offense is dynamic and Moore looks like the real deal and teams coming sniffing at him to hire him, Lurie is going to fire Sirianni to keep him.

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sack that QB said:

If the Eagles win a lot of games next season and the offense is dynamic and Moore looks like the real deal and teams coming sniffing at him to hire him, Lurie is going to fire Sirianni to keep him.

Cowboys fans said the same thing…

Just now, Sack that QB said:

that cant be possible because I was told they were going to do that with Fangio. Are we going to be the first team to try the co-head coach thing?

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Im not knocking either hire. I just want to point out the irony of a team often relying on bargain bin injury prone players now hiring coaches with injury excuses too. Dolphins D was beat up. SD Offense was beat up. This is why these coordinators supposedly underperformed.

Personally, I buy it. But its kinda funny.

22 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

IMG_0274.jpeg

What % of throwing plays are to the middle of the field? 

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Who is going to be the QB coach though?

The new OC will likely have input on his QB coach is my guess. 

Not that we needed more confirmation but this goes beyond "expected” to hire. 

25 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Folks are going to like that. 

We went heavy into experience and proven production with both coordinators this time. Good shift from "least qualified OC in NFL history” and "that one year Desai was a DC before Philly”

Scheme: Modified WCO scheme, lots of spread 11 personnel, pre-snap motion, Play Action, RPO's, and use of zone blocking in the run game. 

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Not that we needed more confirmation but this goes beyond "expected” to hire. 

I am on board with this hire. 

plenty of reasons to think the team will be better next year. On to FA and the draft

1 minute ago, Ace Nova said:

Scheme: Modified WCO scheme, lots of spread 11 personnel, pre-snap motion, Play Action, RPO's, and use of zone blocking in the run game. 

We need a slot Wr for that. 

4 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

We need a slot Wr for that. 

This is the guy that runs a lot of "Air Raid” right?  

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

This is all well and good. Now envision our QB in this 1st play. As soon as the back foot hits that last step of the drop, their QB slid up in the pocket, set and threw. Our QB doesnt slide up to throw. He runs. 

2nd play, roll out to the right. QB rolls, primary option in front of him is not open. On the move he works his way back across the field and finds the "late outlet". Now envision our QB. Running toward the sideline. 1st option is not open. Usually runs out of bounds instead of working back across the field. 

Who is going to rein that in? Thats going to be key to success of any offense.

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Moore didn't play for the Cowboys, but coached them.

Yes he did

I have a bias with Moore because I’m from Boise, but I think he’s a quality OC. Him & Fangio being the new coordinators make me feel way better, I was actually scared it was going to be Kingsbury/Wink. 

I imagine we’ll see a safety drafted high this year

6 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Doubt it

He hasn't been a DC before has he?  No proof he would have done well here especially with our personnel on defense. 

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

This is the guy that runs a lot of "Air Raid” right?  Spread 11

I believe its actually air coryell. 

Archived