EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Moore turns this Offense around, we cannot let him leave like Steichen.

7 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

This is the guy that runs a lot of "Air Raid” right?  

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

I believe its actually air coryell. 

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2023/2/1/23581767/chargers-kellen-moore-justin-herbert-news-nfl-air-coryell-brandon-staley

"Will you be able to see the Air Coryell/Jason Garrett side? Absolutely. Will you see the West Coast and Mike McCarthy? Absolutely. We’ll keep things in place here that Justin (Herbert) feels really, really good about and we’ll explore. I think naturally, just because you have coached with some coaches doesn’t mean you’re greatly influenced by those guys.”

Now the question will be how much he adapts the offense here to fit Hurts. Coryell stretches the field vertically more than air raid, or typical west coast offense. Obviously, Herbert has the arm for that and his arm is not the same as Hurts arm.

Apparently we are hiring cowboy rejects now. sigh.

Just now, Uscg-green said:

It’s better that he’s a Chargers reject?

56 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Was scheduled to interview with the Bucs on Monday. Hired by the Eagles before he finished his interviews. Wonder if the Eagles offered him a lot of money and he just said F it I'll take the job.

Who wouldn't want this offense provided the HC isn't a pesky meddler.

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

An available experienced OC is probably a reject from somewhere. 

Just now, judunno said:

An available experienced OC is probably a reject from somewhere. 

I know a guy with no experience. He got out of bed today and suddenly identifies as an experienced OC. Never been fired from anywhere before. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

I know a guy with no experience. He got out of bed today and suddenly identifies as an experienced OC. Never been fired from anywhere before. 

….they call him HE for short. 

54 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Wouldn't be shocked if they pursue him. Think they might draft someone too. Mainly I think they'll be focused on getting Fangio toys to work with on defense.

A lot of good mid round slot options this year. Malachi Corley, Roman Wilson, etc. I’d expect at least 3 new WR between FA and draft. 

41 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Who is going to be the QB coach though?

Paging…Josh McCown?

11 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Basing any coaching hire decisions on what Jerruh Jones thinks/does is borderline psychotic. Out of the experienced OC options available, Moore was my top choice. Saying goodbye to DeVonta blocking on bubble screens alone makes me giddy. 

By the way, I was already in love with Dylan Laube. But now that we have Moore, who just had Eckler, and Laube is compared to Danny Woodhead.... Im gonna need that guy on this team. 

Just now, Outlaw said:

A lot of good mid round slot options this year. Malachi Corley, Roman Wilson, etc. I’d expect at least 3 new WR between FA and draft. 

Paging…Josh McCown?

Basing any coaching hire decisions on what Jerruh Jones thinks/does is borderline psychotic. 

depending on how much air coryell Moore wants to incorporate, we may want more speed than Roman Wilson offers. Not sure how fast Corley is either. 

Looking 3rd round and beyone, someone like Tez Walker, Brendan Rice (is he really not going to rise up to 1st/2nd?), McMillan, Javon Baker.... Think theyre all faster options than Corley and Wilson.

Mixed emotions for me on Moore. I think Moore is a good up and coming future coach in this league. He takes from multiple schemes and has some WCO consepts some Air Coryell likes presnap motion which seems to be popular but I’m not sure he and Hurts mesh well. Hurts is a read or two break pocket make a play guy with Moore you’re going to have to read and go through progressions. Can Hurts do it? Time will tell 

2 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Vince McMahon is the main reason I lost interest in scripted wrestling decades ago.  It was always obvious the guy was a scumbag.  He had vision, though.  Bought up or drove out most of the independent promotions and took the industry national, then international.

I preferred watching WCW and ECW in the 90s.  Unfortunately, Bischoff was incompetent and let his "guys” run things as far as bookings, etc.  He was given a blank check by Turner to buy the superstar talent, but didn’t have the managerial ability to keep it thriving long term.

ECW was awesome.

I used to order their PPV's and smoke a ton of weed.

13 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

By the way, I was already in love with Dylan Laube. But now that we have Moore, who just had Eckler, and Laube is compared to Danny Woodhead.... Im gonna need that guy on this team. 

You think of Lube over Swift? Kind of weird :)

Hiring Moore is fine but still have some doubts.  Same with Fangio. 

I never like bringing in former division rival players or coaches but we'll see what happens.

There were some on here saying we won't be able to get a respectable OC because of Nick.  Well that ended up being BS.  Why wouldn't you want to be an OC with the talent here on offense? 

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Could this be good or bad?    Generally speaking... when we bring in a Dallas player, it turns out poorly.  Moore didn't play for the Cowboys, but coached them.   Where does that put us?  

Que?

2 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

From checking Chargers reddit, this was the consensus on Moore:

Play calling got conservative in the 2nd half and in tight games

Would go back to the same play call multiple times per game no matter how many times it didn't work

Offense got stale and predictable and didn't adjust as the season progressed

Would force square pegs into round holes

They were excited to see him go. Take it FWIW.

Ok enough about the Eagles, tell us what Chargers Reddit said 

30 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Mixed emotions for me on Moore. I think Moore is a good up and coming future coach in this league. He takes from multiple schemes and has some WCO consepts some Air Coryell likes presnap motion which seems to be popular but I’m not sure he and Hurts mesh well. Hurts is a read or two break pocket make a play guy with Moore you’re going to have to read and go through progressions. Can Hurts do it? Time will tell 

It’s going to be an interesting year for Hurts.

If he gets back to 2022 form then he’ll solidify himself as the franchise QB, possibly elite level/MVP level/top 5 NFL QB.

If he’s better than 2023 but not as good as 2022 he’ll likely go forward as a very good QB - top 5-10 NFL QB.

If he’s about the same as 2023 then questions will really begin to surface - likely go forward as an above average NFL QB.

If he’s worse than 2023….well….

If Moore puts together a great offense then promote him to head coach instead of letting him go do that elsewhere.  It’s not like the current guy brings anything to the table lol.

47 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

depending on how much air coryell Moore wants to incorporate, we may want more speed than Roman Wilson offers. Not sure how fast Corley is either. 

Looking 3rd round and beyone, someone like Tez Walker, Brendan Rice (is he really not going to rise up to 1st/2nd?), McMillan, Javon Baker.... Think theyre all faster options than Corley and Wilson.

Corley will run a 4.4 and is one of the best guys after the catch I’ve seen in recent memory. Wilson admittedly will be slower but great hands and a solid route runner. If Rice’s last name was Jones he’s a definite day 3 guy. He’s good, not great. 

People are everywhere from bad hire to he should be HC if he does well.  Lots of time there.

my feeling: of course both coordinators could fail but I think they’re good bets to succeed. We’ll see obviously 

2 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

This stat is embarrassing, 32nd in pre snap motion. JFC, not even half of the plays had any kind of motion. Like they weren't even trying

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Who wouldn't want this offense provided the HC isn't a pesky meddler.

Exactly, this offense is talented enough to be the best in the league. The work required is actually very minimal, which is why it was so frustrating to watch the clown show we just saw. You can't just have dudes win on talent alone, even if they can. Make it easy for your QB.

He has two great receivers, a solid TE, a very good OL, a great RB if they keep swift. All the offense needs is a good WR3 and TE depth as opposed to most teams

Archived