EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

27 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I like Moore.  I just think he should be the HC…

That’ll be an interesting development. If Hurts and the offense gets back to its 2022 success then the correlation will be obvious. Moore will undoubtedly be in line for multiple head coaching vacancies. 

But then there’s a scenario where the Eagles look like they just recently in September and October. You’d think Siri gets canned and Moore is made HC. 

Either way, it’ll all be interesting. 

• Replies 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

That’ll be an interesting development. If Hurts and the offense gets back to its 2022 success then the correlation will be obvious. Moore will undoubtedly be in line for multiple head coaching vacancies. 

But then there’s a scenario where the Eagles look like they just recently in September and October. You’d think Siri gets canned and Moore is made HC. 

Either way, it’ll all be interesting. 

If the Eagles have another disappointing year, then teams aren’t banging down the door to hire Moore.  He might not even last here.  He is, after all, running the show.  So if they disappoint, there isn’t much point in firing Siri and making Moore the HC.  They probably just get rid of both.

Theyve just backed themselves into a corner where they either lose the guy responsible for turning it around…or they don’t turn it around and everyone gets fired.

7 hours ago, devpool said:

This stat is embarrassing, 32nd in pre snap motion. JFC, not even half of the plays had any kind of motion. Like they weren't even trying

I wonder how that compares to what we did pre-snap the year before. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

That’s actually a tremendously important question that no one, externally, has looked into.

Brian Johnson and Siri, at face value, had no reason to change the offense from an exceptional 2022.  Sure, defenses may play them differently and you react to that, but an offense should still be dictating pre snap motion, formations, etc.

How did those numbers change from 2022?  The offense was so good in 2022 that us fans never needed to look beyond productivity measures.

25 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Might even get a FB on the roster or VanS on the field according to others.

I've seen him use Elliott as a FB as well as TEs. He uses a FB but makes due without having an actual one on the roster. 

I imagine we will rotate the responsibilities between Mailata, Jordan Davis, Jalen Carter, and Van Summersausage.

16 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Now that we have a name, I’ll ask again.

Jalen Hurts is exceptional next year and the offense is top 3.  IF that happens, then Kellen Moore WILL be THE top name on every HC list.  No discussion, no debate.

How are you going to feel about him leaving?

So we have a great season and our QB is back on track? That's great!

We'll also be first in league for all OC positions around the league.

22 minutes ago, RLC said:

After hiring Kellen Moore, I think WR might be need #1 for this team. He lives in 3 WR sets. We can't live with a decoy. Go get Legette, Franklin or McConkey.

Of those choices McConkey or Franklin for me if we are talking round 1 or 2. There are lots of options. 

Definitely watch for Cedric Wilson. Fellow Boise State player like Moore, and had him in dallas.  Pretty darn good too. Sign him,  draft one.  Should be good. 

The modern day solution to a FB is having a TE like Trey Burton.  Not your lanky 6’5” type, but stout 6’2” decent hands, tough, not the worlds finest athlete…maybe the #3 TE…and just roll him around the offense in certain packages.

11 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

If the Eagles have another disappointing year, then teams aren’t banging down the door to hire Moore.  He might not even last here.  He is, after all, running the show.  So if they disappoint, there isn’t much point in firing Siri and making Moore the HC.  They probably just get rid of both.

Theyve just backed themselves into a corner where they either lose the guy responsible for turning it around…or they don’t turn it around and everyone gets fired.

I think Moore is given the opportunity unless the offense looks terrible. We’ll see. But I feel as though Sirianni has a real short leash. The Super Bowl appearance last year saved his a$$

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

So we have a great season and our QB is back on track? That's great!

We'll also be first in league for all OC positions around the league.

And yet everyone says how hard it is for poor Hurts and the offense to have all this turnover at OC.  So you are just going to wish Moore well after a great season and eagerly usher in another unknown at OC so we can see saw the offense every year?

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

That’s actually a tremendously important question that no one, externally, has looked into.

Brian Johnson and Siri, at face value, had no reason to change the offense from an exceptional 2022.  Sure, defenses may play them differently and you react to that, but an offense should still be dictating pre snap motion, formations, etc.

How did those numbers change from 2022?  The offense was so good in 2022 that us fans never needed to look beyond productivity measures.

If it changed I think it directly points to Brian Johnson as well. 

If there were a lot,  obviously Hurts handled it fine,  and Siri had them built in to his offense. 

If there weren't being used a year later,  Brian Johnson is most likely the reason as he is the one variable that changed. 

If they didn't have them 2 seasons ago,  then it's a flaw on Siris offense.  And maybe by design due to limitations in Hurts understanding of offenses and defense.  So still muddy waters. 

It's something to find out.  Could tell us a lot.  Or not. 

16 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

This is exactly what I concluded listening to Mac and Mac on the radio yesterday. Lurie and Roseman are buffoons. 

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Of those choices McConkey or Franklin for me if we are talking round 1 or 2. There are lots of options. 

Definitely watch for Cedric Wilson. Fellow Boise State player like Moore, and had him in dallas.  Pretty darn good too. Sign him,  draft one.  Should be good. 

Do you really think McConkey is a 1st or 2nd rounder? Ive heard most say hes a mid rounder. 

I know stock always goes up and down a ton until draft day and I really like McConkey. I would really hope his stock is more of the mid rounder cause then its more realistic we draft him. However he doesnt seam like the Howie type of WR in the mid rounds sadly.

So the plan is to use Moore to get the offense back on track, then release him into the wild and turn it back over to Siri like in 2023.

Seems like great foresight.

Would I rather have the same OC every year? Sure. Most teams have a new OC every 2 years. Most teams have a new playcaller every 2-3 years. The exceptions are Reid/Shanahan/McVay. Would I prefer McVay to Sirianni? Of course. But getting a McVay is not the likely outcome.

Just now, RLC said:

Would I rather have the same OC every year? Sure. Most teams have a new OC every 2 years. Most teams have a new playcaller every 2-3 years. The exceptions are Reid/Shanahan/McVay. Would I prefer McVay to Sirianni? Of course. But getting a McVay is not the likely outcome.

Yes.  Most teams do have a new OC every 2 years.  And that’s why most teams have a HC that runs the offense with a helper OC so they aren’t all over the place.

If we are going to have a HC who doesn’t run the offense, we can’t afford to have a new OC every year.

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

So the plan is to use Moore to get the offense back on track, then release him into the wild and turn it back over to Siri like in 2023.

Seems like great foresight.

I liked Moore a few years back. However unless he can get Hurts back in check it wont matter who the OC is. 

If Hurts can't get his head out of his ass, the talk will be about drafting Arch Manning in a few years. 

1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

I liked Moore a few years back. However unless he can get Hurts back in check it wont matter who the OC is. 

If Hurts can't get his head out of his ass, the talk will be about drafting Arch Manning in a few years. 

That’s a whole other debate…I’m just arguing the perils of having a do nothing HC with no scheme that leaves us completely dependent on a revolving door of coordinators to run the team.

This is just a weird hunch… 

I wouldn’t be shocked if Moore is made the HC sometime in the next month or so. Siri is relieved or even resigns. 

39 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

2022 presnap ranking 27th.

IMG_3416.png

IMG_3417.png

7 hours ago, judunno said:

Could have been be a good WR3 already on the roster we just would never know the way they ran the offense.

Only WR’s on the 53 under contract for next year are AJ, Smitty, and Covey. We will be getting 2-3 new WRs between FA and the draft. 

I’m on the record as cautiously excited about Kellen Moore. I just hope it was Johnson holding back Hurts more than Hurts limiting Johnson. 

What I’m REALLY curious about now that the dust has settled is how does Kelce feel with these two hires? Maybe this invigorates him to give it one more go. 

33 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

If it changed I think it directly points to Brian Johnson as well. 

If there were a lot,  obviously Hurts handled it fine,  and Siri had them built in to his offense. 

If there weren't being used a year later,  Brian Johnson is most likely the reason as he is the one variable that changed. 

If they didn't have them 2 seasons ago,  then it's a flaw on Siris offense.  And maybe by design due to limitations in Hurts understanding of offenses and defense.  So still muddy waters. 

It's something to find out.  Could tell us a lot.  Or not. 

Our motion rate was 27th in the league in 2022, 10.6 percent. 

33 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Do you really think McConkey is a 1st or 2nd rounder? Ive heard most say hes a mid rounder. 

I know stock always goes up and down a ton until draft day and I really like McConkey. I would really hope his stock is more of the mid rounder cause then its more realistic we draft him. However he doesnt seam like the Howie type of WR in the mid rounds sadly.

Not 1st. Franklin is a 1st round guy. McConkey in round 2 for me. 

Archived