EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

I had put this list at the beginning of the offseason Blog.  Checking in on progress.

• New Coordinators - Fangio and Moore ✔️
  • Adding talent to the back 7 - CJGJ, White, etc. in FA ✔️
  • Sorting out the Post-Kelce OL - TBD on RG :unsure:
  • Extending Smith and Dickerson (and Williams?) - Done....and Brown! ✔️
  • More talent for the back 7 - Mitchell and DeJean in the draft ✔️
  • The running back room - Saquon and Shipley ✔️
  • Cox and Graham - Cox retired :sad:
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1st or 2nd?

Much appreciation for you, sir!

• Thanks 4

32 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I had put this list at the beginning of the offseason Blog.  Checking in on progress.

• New Coordinators - Fangio and Moore ✔️
  • Adding talent to the back 7 - CJGJ, White, etc. in FA ✔️
  • Sorting out the Post-Kelce OL - TBD on RG :unsure:
  • Extending Smith and Dickerson (and Williams?) - Done....and Brown! ✔️
  • More talent for the back 7 - Mitchell and DeJean in the draft ✔️
  • The running back room - Saquon and Shipley ✔️
  • Cox and Graham - Retired :sad:

IMO you can go ahead and pencil (pen) in Tyler Steen at RG.  HIs locker has been strategically placed with the other 4 starters, and the Eagles didn't select an OL until pick #172 in the draft.  Becton fills a big need at swing OT; I know they'll give him some cross-training at guard, but that would be "in case of emergency, break glass"

• Like 1

Im gonna dominate this blog. Lot of great posts coming.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Keep seeing draft grades where multiple people have compared DeJean to Minkah Fitzpatrick so obviously had to do a RAS compare and turns out they are pretty comparable.  Even have same 10/20 splits and 40 time, same arm length, same bench.  only difference is jumping ability from what is listed. 

image.jpeg.96dc42999e2aeabdbd232375e75b5866.jpeg

Would love if he turns out as good as Minkah 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Keep seeing draft grades where multiple people have compared DeJean to Minkah Fitzpatrick so obviously had to do a RAS compare and turns out they are pretty comparable.  Even have same 10/20 splits and 40 time, same arm length, same bench.  only difference is jumping ability from what is listed. 

image.jpeg.96dc42999e2aeabdbd232375e75b5866.jpeg

Would love if he turns out as good as Minkah 

One thing that annoys me about the RAS is how they make up times, mathematically for the 10 yard and 20 yard splits, and yet those made up numbers still factor in.

Look at how 2 guys with the same 40 have the same 10 and 20. I read about this years ago and they have a formula to estimate the 10 and 20 based on the 40 time. Which is incredibly stupid.

One thing Id like to remind you though, that also makes this athletic comparison inaccurate is that DeJean is a better athlete despite how close these numbers look. Remember, he only worked out for 1 or 2 weeks before holding his private pro day. He is unquestionably better athletically than those numbers indicate.

With all that said, yes, a Fitzpatrick type of player is how DeJean projects in the NFL. It was a genius comparison that scouts stole from me. One day theyll give me an NFL job.

• Haha 1

Pretty funny watch.  Not Philly related other than Rhys being in the mix

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

With all that said, yes, a Fitzpatrick type of player is how DeJean projects in the NFL. It was a genius comparison that scouts stole from me. One day theyll give me an NFL job.

Well for sure.  Those garbage bins aren't gonna just empty themselves

Pointing You GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2

Positions that Jaylx Hunt is going to play this season: OLB, ILB, SS, CB, NT, P, 3DRB

• Haha 5

Does anyone want to see my "Way too Early 2041 NFL Mock Draft"? 

There's a very exciting class entering Pop Warner this year.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Arthur Jackson said:

Does anyone want to see my "Way too Early 2041 NFL Mock Draft"? 

There's a very exciting class entering Pop Warner this year.

full

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Cox and Graham - Retired :sad:

I thought Graham was playing this year

tumblr_pcqra9U3vW1rxobr1o4_400.gif

1 minute ago, McMVP said:

I thought Graham was playing this year

He is :lol: 

OTAs are going to be way more interesting this year. On offense, wr3 and te2 jobs are open, and both guys play a lot in our offense. On defense, the seconday is obviously wide open, but hopefully we will get some idea of how the olbs look in coverage. Nolan Smith will be a player to watch. 

Super Bowl or bust

29 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

One thing that annoys me about the RAS is how they make up times, mathematically for the 10 yard and 20 yard splits, and yet those made up numbers still factor in.

Look at how 2 guys with the same 40 have the same 10 and 20. I read about this years ago and they have a formula to estimate the 10 and 20 based on the 40 time. Which is incredibly stupid.

One thing Id like to remind you though, that also makes this athletic comparison inaccurate is that DeJean is a better athlete despite how close these numbers look. Remember, he only worked out for 1 or 2 weeks before holding his private pro day. He is unquestionably better athletically than those numbers indicate.

Are you sure they formulate it?  I just entered in 2 sets of people  who had same 40 times and they each had different 10 and 20 yard splits

image.jpeg.7f57ef368bfb99f208cfd8b967797e1a.jpeg

image.jpeg.29ca28943ff5104523ce924c6de8330a.jpeg

Made it! 

:groovy:

12 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Are you sure they formulate it?  I just entered in 2 sets of people  who had same 40 times and they each had different 10 and 20 yard splits

image.jpeg.7f57ef368bfb99f208cfd8b967797e1a.jpeg

image.jpeg.29ca28943ff5104523ce924c6de8330a.jpeg

Im sure. Because I noticed it was always the same for everyone that had the same 40 time. So I read about it and they have a formula. Once in a while you see a 10 yard split reported so maybe there will be a few who they use actually reported data for. But a lot of their data is just made up when it comes to that stuff.

I cant find the forumla right now but you can see this one the website saying they use the real data "when available"

20 yard split: Measured in seconds, official combine times are used when available and not best of the two runs.

*10 yard split: Measured in seconds, official combine times are used when available and not best of the two runs.

*The 10 yard split is also included for many when discussing a player’s explosion and not simply a measurement of speed.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im sure. Because I noticed it was always the same for everyone that had the same 40 time. So I read about it and they have a formula. Once in a while you see a 10 yard split reported so maybe there will be a few who they use actually reported data for. But a lot of their data is just made up when it comes to that stuff.

I cant find the forumla right now but you can see this one the website saying they use the real data "when available"

20 yard split: Measured in seconds, official combine times are used when available and not best of the two runs.

*10 yard split: Measured in seconds, official combine times are used when available and not best of the two runs.

*The 10 yard split is also included for many when discussing a player’s explosion and not simply a measurement of speed.

Seems like almost everyone i put in has a different 10 and 20 yard split... Maybe that used to be the case?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Seems like almost everyone i put in has a different 10 and 20 yard split... Maybe that used to be the case?  

maybe. are you comparing people with identical 40 times and getting all different 10 and 20 yard times.