EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, GoEagles614 said:

Good news guys, we’ll never have to watch Tobias Harris in a 6ers uniform again! 

I’m sure Morey will find a way to downgrade there if at all possible 

• Like 1

Eagles rookie camp tomorrow. Hopefully won’t have to see any more Sixers nonsense in an Eagles blog

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Two entire games pointless for Lowry.  Surely, they need to re-sign him in the offseason 

8 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Eagles rookie camp tomorrow. Hopefully won’t have to see any more Sixers nonsense in an Eagles blog

The most important part of rookie camp: Rookie numbers released. 

Time to build around Maxey. Try to get a haul for Embiid. Get something before it's too late. Clock is officially ticking with those knees. He needs to go ring chasing. Don't think its gonna ever happen here. I"m done waiting to see if he's ever right for the playoffs. Simple as that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Wonder if McPherson will give Mitchell 27. It will be his sooner or later. No way Zech makes the team.

17 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

I be posting about free agency soon enough. And then the draft.  And summer league.  And then we are just about back in to things. 

LeBron era will begin in Philly before you know it. 

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The official 54. People can say what they want that there isn’t pressure because he’s a 5th round pick but there’s pressure wearing your dad’s old number and jersey. 

hopefully it drives him more but there is pressure

9 minutes ago, jojodancer said:

Time to build around Maxey. Try to get a haul for Embiid. Get something before it's too late. Clock is officially ticking with those knees. He needs to go ring chasing. Don't think its gonna ever happen here. I"m done waiting to see if he's ever right for the playoffs. Simple as that. 

They would’ve gotten slaughtered in this game without Embiid. I love Maxey but he was actually worse than Embiid was in game 5. Just saying if the Sixers weren’t so god awful with embiid off the floor games 1-5 they might have actually won this series. I believe they finished +46 with Embiid on the floor and -47 with him off. And maxey was shooting going into the night 56.5% with Embiid and 28.6% without. You cannot have a 93 type differential. Add on buddy hield plays half as good as he did tonight all series they win. Really this to me was more about the sixers need to get better around Maxey and Embiid. If they got any sort of consistency from Harris, hield, batum this series we’d likely be talking much differently 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Two entire games pointless for Lowry.  Surely, they need to re-sign him in the offseason 

Glad they got rid of Pat Bev for nothing. Surely he could’ve done better on Brunson. 

Embiid definitely does not have the tummy to lead a championship team.  Can he be a #2 on a championship team?  I have my doubts.  You need 3 serious star players to get where you need to go, which means if you’re treating Embiid as a #1 then he’s on the wrong team.  Nowadays you can’t even ship Embiid off to try and get the #1 draft pick; most of these guys have no-trade clauses in their contracts.  

Ship Embiid out for as many picks as possible, bottom out, and rebuild it again from the bottom.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Frankly they ran Lowry into the ground early in the series playing him over 30 mins a game at 38. You knew this decline was coming. I told HE that would happen. He was a buyout for a reason. He never should’ve been playing more than 15-20 mins. 

Glad this is the last day for Sixers talk here.. love the birds, don’t care for the nba but I’ll say this, embiid needs to get outta Philly, he ain’t ever gonna win anything there 

2 minutes ago, Eriv20 said:

Glad this is the last day for Sixers talk here.. love the birds, don’t care for the nba but I’ll say this, embiid needs to get outta Philly, he ain’t ever gonna win anything there 

On to baseball, and watch the Phillies continue to bat Schwarber lead off for 130 more games so he can hit less than .200 and strikeout 240 times.

16 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Embiid definitely does not have the tummy to lead a championship team.  Can he be a #2 on a championship team?  I have my doubts.  You need 3 serious star players to get where you need to go, which means if you’re treating Embiid as a #1 then he’s on the wrong team.  Nowadays you can’t even ship Embiid off to try and get the #1 draft pick; most of these guys have no-trade clauses in their contracts.  

Ship Embiid out for as many picks as possible, bottom out, and rebuild it again from the bottom.

I have no clue if Joel Embiid can lead them to a title, but they didn’t lose this series because of Joel Embiid. His worst game was game 5 and he still gave them a triple double. They lost this series because buddy hield didn’t show up for 5 out of 6 games. Tobias Harris managed to score 10 points or less in 5 of the 6 games. He had zero Fing points tonight. Lowry being a starter is Fing laughable cause melton was hurt. Batum was not good the first 4 games of this series. And we don’t have a legitimate backup center. Embiid just averaged 33-11-6 for the series.

this series was lost when the Sixers decided they were not going all in on this season. That’s  the reality. You don’t go +46 with Embiid on court and -47 without him by accident. They didn’t go all in and make bigger moves cause they didn’t want to screw up their 2024 salary cap and assets plus they definitely weren’t when Embiid got hurt a week before the trade deadline and they were hoping he’d come back.

frankly, the Sixers likely win this game if anybody besides Joel Embiid showed up for the first 8 minutes of the game. Literally he was the only one who had scored like 8 mins in  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

I do wonder if Howie wanted Mims. He fits the profile that they love, but I do wonder if they would have taken an OL in round 1 who wouldn't play at all for 2 years. And not just take one but trade up for one. If it was for OL it had to have been Fautanu or Mims though all the others were gone.

But now that the draft is over, this is the most dead period of the offseason. It's a long slog until training camp and then the  regular season. The NFL is the best and it has the longest offseason. We've already been in the offseason for almost 3 months and the time remaining from now until opening day is how long the offseasons are in other sports. The NBA and NHL end in June and begin in October. MLB offseason is a tad longer than that.

Early votes on:

Most improved NFL team

NFL team that got worse

Worst team in the NFL in 2024

Early picks for me

Most improved: Bears. If Harbaugh totally changes the culture with the Chargers I could see them being there too.

NFL team that got worse: Cowboys. At least on paper.

Worst NFL team 2024: I'll say Raiders. I think them and the Broncos are going to be really bad.

Most Improved: Eagles

Worse: Cowgirls

Worst team this coming season: Panthers…again. 

1 hour ago, Texas Eagle said:

It’s the point where Embiid won’t enter the paint the rest of the game and will be taking our desperation 3s

He’s barely in the paint enough to begin with. I miss the days of my all-time favorite center, Tim Duncan. 

• Like 1

The Sixers are the Cowboys of the NBA. Every year us going to be "their year" and every year they lose in the first or second round of the playoffs. I've been over them, although I will say Maxey is the real deal and knowing that Harris will never play for them again is a comforting thought. So fitting that he had 0 points.

29 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

The Sixers are the Cowboys of the NBA. Every year us going to be "their year" and every year they lose in the first or second round of the playoffs. I've been over them, although I will say Maxey is the real deal and knowing that Harris will never play for them again is a comforting thought. So fitting that he had 0 points.

I said this the other day too:roll:

I don't watch basketball so from an outsider perspective they are nearly identical situations. It's just sadder to see it happen to a Philly team since a lot of my friends get bummed out

3 hours ago, jojodancer said:

Time to build around Maxey. Try to get a haul for Embiid. Get something before it's too late. Clock is officially ticking with those knees. He needs to go ring chasing. Don't think it’s gonna ever happen here. I"m done waiting to see if he's ever right for the playoffs. Simple as that. 

I get the sentiment but even with all the injuries and bad luck if Tobias even sniffs 10 pts they win. I really think they should just run it back with a replacement for Tobias and give it another shot (obviously some other tweaks as well with the bench etc) 

I think it’s underestimated how much different the team will look with another max player that actually produces. 

Embiid is hurt too much. Hopefully he doesn’t play more than 10 minutes a game in the Olympics. 

7 hours ago, Texas Eagle said:

Wonder if McPherson will give Mitchell 27. It will be his sooner or later. No way Zech makes the team.

I've been trying to think of some teams that might need CB help who might have LB to trade. I don't think it's too crazy to think that some of the Eagles CB depth could be desireable around the league. Anyone think of teams off the top of their head?

• Like 1

Am I too hung up on Jimmy Butler from when he was here but if he doesn't get the max in Miami, any chance the Sixers bring him?

26 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I've been trying to think of some teams that might need CB help who might have LB to trade. I don't think it's too crazy to think that some of the Eagles CB depth could be desireable around the league. Anyone think of teams off the top of their head?

Don’t know depth charts but I could definitely see a player for player swap this season with a guy like Ricks. Maybe get a 7 for someone.