EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

Speaking of numbers, that is the reason Nakobe Dean's career has been such a disaster so far. 17 is a great number... for a WR. About as awful as it gets for a LB. Get him 57 or something to get that career on an upward trajectory.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Aren't there rules as far as who can attend when it comes to vets vs. 1st year/2nd year and tryout players? Grier has been in the league for 5 years and is under contract. He isn't the same as a John Ross tryout guy.

Don’t know the rules, but …

IMG_7704.jpeg

Temple makes players earn the right to wear the single digit numbers. Like LSU's #18 sorta. Part of the appeal of Jordan Magee this year. Woulda been a nice LB pick.

Eagles should make players earn the single digit numbers, and numbers in the teens if it wasnt customarily worn by their position in the past.

29 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Why?  Better than Jobe, better than Ricks, better than most of the twelve CBs currently on the roster, if he healed without losing a step.  I don’t get the dislike for McPherson.  Figure the Eagles will keep the best 5 or 6 CBs.  Brown factors into the DBs in total.  Does he start the season on the roster or PUP?  McPherson > Goodrich, Garner, Ricks, Jobe, and quite possibly 2024 Bradberry.  May be more reliable than Maddox.  Figure he is in a battle for nickel and outside back up with Rodgers, Maddox and Hall.  Note, I think a lot of 5 DBs sets will be one S, two DBs (Gardner-Johnson and DeJean) and two outside corners.  I figure the S to be the best or most appropriate of Brown or Blankenship.  I figure some 5 and dime will include a nickel back.  That player, say Maddox, Hall, McPherson or McCollum may be battling for the third backup DB role.  Edge probably to Maddox with a nod to McCollum, from college, as they have both played CB/S hybrid roles in the past.  Figure Slay, Mitchell are outside CBs and Ringo is the backup for that speed.  McPherson has a decent shot at #4 or #5 CB.  

Zech looked absolutely terrible last offseason before he got hurt. I would bet Slay, Mitchell, Ringo, Ricks, Maddox and Rodgers are here over Zech. What has Zech done in the regular season that was any better than Ricks/Jobe? If they keep Bradberry then that’s another one. TBD on how they view DeJean too. I like Ricks over Jobe but Eagles may very well have him up around him in my ranking. His only shot to make it would be nickel I’d presume and we have a lot of options there with DeJean, CJ, Hall, Maddox, etc.

I’d say Zech is at best the 6th CB option on the team. This is just my opinion and I respect yours, I’d just be shocked if he made the 53. If he can showcase any talent in preseason maybe we can trade him for a late pick or player/player swap.

42 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Time and time again when I watch the NBA I keep thinking to myself why are refs calling so many dumb fouls.  Let them play.  They need to loosen up the defensive rules and let them be more physical.  Not saying go back to the 80s but let em play.

Be ok if dumb fouls were called on both sides but can't keep giving Brunson horse sh!t call after HS call.  Hart ability to constantly go over the back for rebounds and when we do get them he gets full reign to simply yank our guys arms to dislodge the ball..

Sixers should have attacked Brunson's injured hand.  Two times at least a game make sure he feels the full force 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

33 is a perfectly fine number. Highly underrated. 

Maybe but it still has Josiah Scott stink. I think #30 would be a better CB/S hybrid number

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Javon Baker, who caught 54 balls for UCF last season, is already convinced he is a top-10 receiver in the NFL:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2024-patriots-rookie-javon-baker-is-convinced-hes-already-a-top-10-wr-in-the-league/

This guy has major Freddie Mitchell vibes.  

Maybe now we know why he ended up leaving Alabama and falling a bit in the draft even after a very good senior bowl week.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Be ok if dumb fouls were called on both sides but can't keep giving Brunson horse sh!t call after HS call.  Hart ability to constantly go over the back for rebounds and when we do get them he gets full reign to simply yank our guys arms to dislodge the ball..

Sixers should have attacked Brunson's injured hand.  Two times at least a game make sure he feels the full force 

Oh no. What are they thinking? Time really is a flat circle.

8 takeaways from the Giants' ridiculous boat photo - SBNation.com

• Haha 3

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The thing about that picture that still makes no sense to me...   These boots they are wearing are really not 'boat' footwear.   :nonono:  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The DeSean Jackson School Of Stealing Money

1 hour ago, mattwill said:

Don’t know the rules, but …

IMG_7704.jpeg

What are you implying? He was a rookie at rookie camp. 

Eagles signed another Australian Rugby player. I think. The only thing that comes up when googling him is a LinkedIn

• Haha 3

Keegan has the look of an OL who will be in the league for 10 years. Look test passed.

• Like 1

Keegan can wipe his backside with both hands, no problem. 

Meanwhile Shipley looks tiny. 

• Like 1

Something tells me that Keegan is coming in with limited expectations and he's going to have a thriving decade long Eagles career. 

• Like 3

Johnny Wilson shouts out Harold Carmichael. He got the "Philly Pandering" crash course. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, garingovt2000 said:

I don't want to see many foul calls at all.  

There are stretches of games where just about every possession back and forth a foul is called.  Nobody wants to see that.

Basketball should have a nice flow and rhythm to it.  When the action goes back and forth for a good period of time without so many stoppages.  That's how it should be played.  

I just wish they'd lighten up the rules on defense a little.  Let em be physical.  Let em be able to put their hands on them some without calling a foul.  The games would be more entertaining and you wouldn't have these scores in the 130's and 140's.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2024 at 11:19 AM, garingovt2000 said:

Are you sure they formulate it?  I just entered in 2 sets of people  who had same 40 times and they each had different 10 and 20 yard splits

image.jpeg.7f57ef368bfb99f208cfd8b967797e1a.jpeg

image.jpeg.29ca28943ff5104523ce924c6de8330a.jpeg

We don't know.  It's pretty clear that definitely sometimes it isn't.  I would guess that most of the time it isn't made up.   I would guess that if one of the numbers is made up,  it's the 20.  Because you see 40 and 10 numbers in more places than you see 20s.  I haven't noticed any perfect correlation between a 10 split and a 20 split,  so that when you see, let's say,  a 1.52 10 split,  you'll see some number like 2.57 so often associated with that 1.52. 

The RAS people are probably getting their numbers from somewhere else.   the website -  draftscout.com has been around a long time and has had a lot of numbers and a lot of players in their database.   draftscout has - for the combine numbers -  a 40/20/10 -  2 sets - electronic timed and hand held.

Here's what they have for Max Melton.

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1041413&DraftYear=2024

3 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I don't want to see many foul calls at all.  

There are stretches of games where just about every possession back and forth a foul is called.  Nobody wants to see that.

Basketball should have a nice flow and rhythm to it.  When the action goes back and forth for a good period of time without so many stoppages.  That's how it should be played.  

I just wish they'd lighten up the rules on defense a little.  Let em be physical.  Let em be able to put their hands on them some without calling a foul.  The games would be more entertaining and you wouldn't have these scores in the 130's and 140's.

And. if the offensive player jumps into the defensive player... call nothing.    I'm sick of these plays where the offensive player isn't really trying to score, he's just trying to get a foul called.  Offensive players, just like defensive players, should have to jump straight up if they are going to be jumping into the body of a defender.   That's either a charge or a no call.   It shouldn't be a defensive foul.   If they get the defensive player to jump, great.   But, then jumping into that defender once he's airborne should not be rewarded.  The point of getting the defensive player to leave his feet early is to get a clean look at the basket, shooting while he's on the way down... or to drive past him while he's in mid-air.

• Like 1

I see Gottlieb Ayedze as the surprise UDFA to make the 53-man roster.

Unrefined and very athletic.  Didn't start to play football until his senior year in high school.  Clay for Stoutland.  

10 OL - Mailata/Dickerson/Jurgens/Steen/Johnson, Hennessey, Becton, Johnson, Keegan, Ayedze