EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

22 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I would keep him for sure.

The 4 people with Torrey Smith jerseys are happy, along with those owning old Brian Mitchell Starter or Reebok jerseys.

Gabe Hall is my #1 "UDFA that makes the team" choice. Hands down. I would have drafted him from the 5th onward.

yup I think Hall makes the team, wouldnt be surprised if Castles does as well.

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

yup I think Hall makes the team, wouldnt be surprised if Castles does as well.

I think he has all the traits to be an impactful 3-4 DE in a year or two. Just need to see if he has what it takes between his ears.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, just relax said:

He and Zinter were co-captains on the O line.
Michigan has a big-time strength program. Pro level. He’ll stick.

I like Keegan, he looks like a Football player and acts like one, seems like he loves football and is a hard worker.

I could see why he was a team captain at Michigan, seems like it fits.

I think hes got a solid shot at being the RG.

• Like 1

Just now, Outlaw said:

I think he has all the traits to be an impactful 3-4 DE in a year or two. Just need to see if he has what it takes between his ears.

Hes definitely got the requisite size to succeed in a 34.

Im not a fan of Tuipoluto, seems like hes always on the ground, rather Hall earn that spot.

Kendall Milton has intrigue at RB4 if the Eagles plan on keeping 4 RBs.

Doesn't hurt to have jersey #36...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Hes definitely got the requisite size to succeed in a 34.

Im not a fan of Tuipoluto, seems like hes always on the ground, rather Hall earn that spot.

My concern is in the 3-4 who is backing up Davis at NT since they released Noah Elliss. Has to be either Marlon or Mustipher as we stand today. Neither inspires confidence. 

Watched interview with Jalyx and he said he models his game after Brian Burns so you know what that means.  RAS SCORES INCOMINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

image.jpeg.91f4ca41168f1d52b2bf48625a84538e.jpeg

33 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Is Trotter jr really going to be anything more than a special teamer for a couple seasons? 

I don't think Dean's standing as starter should be written in stone before camp.

11 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Watched interview with Jalyx and he said he models his game after Brian Burns so you know what that means.  RAS SCORES INCOMINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

image.jpeg.91f4ca41168f1d52b2bf48625a84538e.jpeg

Sure, but Hunt has no idea what he's doing. He has all the tools in his body but can't use them. 

22 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Kendall Milton has intrigue at RB4 if the Eagles plan on keeping 4 RBs.

Doesn't hurt to have jersey #36...

As a developmental guy. I wouldn't expect to see him at all. We barely used RB#3 last year and now we have Barkley who will likely play more than Swift did. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I don't think Dean's standing as starter should be written in stone before camp.

Nor Devin White. But him and Dean have an experience advantage that will likely land Trotter Jr on the bench until one of them gets hurt.

• Like 2

I hope they actually have a concrete plan for DeJean. Don't want another Isaiah Simmons. Remember when he came out the debate was LB or S. The narrative was "Doesn't matter, he's a football player." Turns out he's not good enough at either.

I have much higher hopes for DeJean, but I'm hoping when the Eagles drafted him they identified one specific thing they're super excited about him being good at and not just "He's a great athlete, we'll find a spot for him."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Eagles S named Terrell and LB named Shaq.... Howie is testing fate with those.

Shaq Quarterman is a LB I've always liked. I think he can be an NFL contributor. Just a tryout, but with the numbers at LB, wouldn't mind him joining the 90 for TC.

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

I hope they actually have a concrete plan for DeJean. Don't want another Isaiah Simmons. Remember when he came out the debate was LB or S. The narrative was "Doesn't matter, he's a football player." Turns out he's not good enough at either.

I have much higher hopes for DeJean, but I'm hoping when the Eagles drafted him they identified one specific thing they're super excited about him being good at and not just "He's a great athlete, we'll find a spot for him."

I would make sense, though, to see him at the options they are considering now and then decide what that plan would be well before training camp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Is Trotter jr really going to be anything more than a special teamer for a couple seasons? 

He's in line to start IMO. Nakobe Dean hasn't proven a damn thing yet and he can't stay healthy. Both guys are the same size but I just love Trotters instincts and playmaking. Granted, Dean made plays all over at UGA too, but there's just a different feel to Trotters game. Dean was surrounded by an NFL defense. Trotter had some NFLers on D too, but none protecting him the way Dean was. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

He's still trying to make up for the unacceptable crime of changing his Twitter profile pic.

• Haha 4

Gonna be a bit before we see him contribute on D. Looks really skinny.

49 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

My concern is in the 3-4 who is backing up Davis at NT since they released Noah Elliss. Has to be either Marlon or Mustipher as we stand today. Neither inspires confidence. 

Yup, i thought the same upon hearing that ellis had been released, i dont like tui at NT at all and mustipher who knows, alot of the defenses success will come down to of Jordan Davis can stay healthy and stay on the field.

Well see though.

8 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup, i thought the same upon hearing that ellis had been released, i dont like tui at NT at all and mustipher who knows, alot of the defenses success will come down to of Jordan Davis can stay healthy and stay on the field.

Well see though.

Linval Joseph hasn't retired...

2 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Linval Joseph hasn't retired...

Appreciate what Linval did the year was here but at 35 I think hes done, id rather give a younger guy a chance though im not sure who is out there and I dont know much about Mustipher, he's a big body and hes young but hes only played in 4 games I think 

19 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

8c35nj.gif