EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

His career seems to have ended rather abruptly.  When the Giants got him last year, I thought he would help him in a big way for about 3 seasons…but I guess the quarterback matters too.

38 minutes ago, paco said:

I9kzYci.png

heres another pic of that guys shirt

2A78728A39B31D30A5D774A44965B4F5_888x1920.jpeg

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Hurts has to stay healthy.  Every year he’s had a nagging injury to play through.  He’s tough enough to play through injuries, but his body isn’t strong enough for the cumulative punishment it’s been absorbing.  2021 it was his ankle, 2022 was his shoulder, 2023 was his knee.

The addition of Barkley will pay for itself if Hurts stays healthier than he’s been so far.  He needs to carry a heavy load, and Hurts needs to be more judicious at the end of his runs — more getting down and getting out of bounds.

I thought he did a better job of getting down before he got hammered last year than he did in 2022. He played great in 2022 but his body paid for it. Let's hope he has figured out that running backs that eke out the last foot regardless of physical toll don't generally have long careers.

On 6/8/2024 at 4:09 PM, UK Eagle said:

On the NFL expanding into different markets, there is a world cricket tournament being held in the US and Caribbean at this very moment. Judging by the lack of attendances in the USA, it's not massively resonating outside of the various immigrant communities. But the overall point is that sports are moving out of their traditional markets to search for a bigger revenue stream.  Your market is a last untapped one globally for cricket, so if Satya Nadella can turn his investment on, it will be a sport you all see/hear more of.

As for the NFL, after South America, Asia is the market that is the last one they could expand in to, but the time zones wouldn't work so well.  Be interesting to see what they do to expand further in that market.

Asia would be nuts. In addition to AFC and NFC, they'd have an Eastern Hemisphere conference and a Western Hemisphere conference or something? They'd need a LOT faster airplanes.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 7:54 PM, DeathByEagle said:

I think you mean how many of those were the tush push third down conversions? 

Lol that too. 

15 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

You can't judge based on a few innings.   Their defense was really great the other day against the Brewers.   It is much improved from previous years.  Much improved.

Absolutely.

For a few innings watcher, It was a bit like watching village cricket a couple of times.  Bohm running past the ball and the outfielder just kind of giving up on it.  Clearly they are excellent at what they do, but it seemed kind of basic.

I could see why Bryce Harper is good in 1 bat.  Great hand and eye co-ordination

Looks like Barkley is going to be throwing the passes this year when he and Hurts share the backfield.

May be an image of 5 people, people playing football and text

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Not sure how to share IG links or if there's any truth to this, but per Darius Slay, the Eagles aren't wearing Kelly Green this year. 

Gotta be a joke right? After everything Lurie did to get the 2 helmet rule lifted?

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8CW5NuM6T4/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Maybe not? What is he talking about?

People should be forced to pass an IQ test in order to use social media

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

People should be forced to pass an IQ test in order to use social media

They would have to close it down....

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

KgWtk3g.png

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

They would have to close it down....

I'd be fine with that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Maybe not? What is he talking about?

Sounds like they won't wear them until later in the year based on what he said. 

Most career earnings by draft round

vQRdSao.png

12 minutes ago, paco said:

Most career earnings by draft round

vQRdSao.png

Someone should do this by a per-snap tally.  Chase Daniel would have to be up there pretty high.  

• Like 1

Slay probably just thought they were throwback jerseys and were a one off for the season. I doubt he knows or cares about the history of KG and how many years it took for Lurie to get it or why the fans love it so much. 

He also has no idea what uniforms they are wearing for the year months in advance.

They are using kelly greens this season and going forward. Hopefully one day permanently.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

They are using kelly greens this season and going forward. Hopefully one day permanently.

Most likely against the Steelers.  Then Washington or Cleveland.  Don't waste them against expansion teams like Jax and Carolina.

11 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Most likely against the Steelers.  Then Washington or Cleveland.  Don't waste them against expansion teams like Jax and Carolina.

I think the Jags could be one of the games. They'll probably want to save one of them for a prime time game. The other maybe Dallas at the end?

21 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

but why?

I saw "resigned" and actually thought he was finally done playing. Is that a real schefter account? Would think Shefty knows how to use the proper word. 

22 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

but why?

Dude's still one of the best run-blocking TE's in the game. 

• Like 1