EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

37 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I saw "resigned" and actually thought he was finally done playing. Is that a real schefter account? Would think Shefty knows how to use the proper word. 

Between that and "No NFL has played longer" he's slipping today

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The Steelers epitomise the phrase "glutton for punishment".

24 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Guy guesses are:

Kelly Green at home vs Browns and Jaguars

Black at home against Panthers or on the road against the Cowboys.

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Guy guesses are:

I'd wonder if they go Kelly Green against the Cowboys? But I suppose, they may go Prime Time at least one time with the Kelly Green, so maybe the Commies is a good one?

38 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

I'd wonder if they go Kelly Green against the Cowboys? But I suppose, they may go Prime Time at least one time with the Kelly Green, so maybe the Commies is a good one?

Jaguars are prime time.

45 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Jaguars are prime time.

TNF is technically prime time

55 minutes ago, paco said:

TNF is technically prime time

There is nothing 'prime' about TNF.   Garbage product.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

There is nothing 'prime' about TNF.   Garbage product.

Its literally on Prime 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

15 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Its literally on Prime 

Names can be deceiving.  Salsbury steak isn't steak.   Pineapple contains no pine and no apple.  Hamburger contains no ham.   Buffalo wings are not from buffalo (the animal).   Rocky Mountain oysters are not seafood.  

5 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’m typically criticizing franchises for not giving their HC a fair shot but it’s been at least 8 or 9 years since the Steelers were a real Super Bowl threat 

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Guy guesses are:

Sounds like they need to wear Black while in Brazil so they don't get any drive bys.

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Sounds like they need to wear Black while in Brazil so they don't get any drive bys.

I think those stories are mostly fairy tale. The people orchestrating the drive bys are most likely the ones who are financially benefiting from the game. 

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He’s coming back!!!

3 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I think those stories are mostly fairy tale. The people orchestrating the drive bys are most likely the ones who are financially benefiting from the game. 

Ok... so go out there and wear green and let us know how it goes :D

Twins’ City Connect unis are better than their regular ones ….. and of course they did it by ripping off the Phillies City Connect gems:

image.thumb.jpeg.b382c06284e98c51a3231410d2b2c115.jpeg

13 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

Can't see many people buying a reddick jersey

9 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I’m typically criticizing franchises for not giving their HC a fair shot but it’s been at least 8 or 9 years since the Steelers were a real Super Bowl threat 

He's been head coach for 17 years, ten of those years, he was 10 wins or better and his worst season was .500, regardless of what you think of Tomlin, the list of NFL Head Coaches who never had a losing season after 17 years is not long.

• Like 1

The Steelers just don't change their head coach.  They hire their guy and they ride him until he's ready to move on.   The last three Stiller HCs takes you from Tomlin, to Cowher, to Chuck Noll, who was hired in 1969, a year before the NFL-AFL merger was finalized and the two leagues formed a single one.   Before they hired Noll, they had the typical merry go round style of replacing HCs and they were a terrible franchise.   I'm not sure which caused the other, but there is a lot to be said for stability in the HC spot... especially if the guy you have is competent.  

Been trying to figure out this Reuben Frank quote about Nakobe Dean. Maybe the last sentence is all he needs to tell himself when he asks why he isn't seeing Dean run with the 1st team? If he isn't good enough, why should he get half the 1st team snaps in practice? How is that "fair"? I'm glad they aren't just letting him run with the 1st team. He's done nothing to earn the position. 

I am saying I’d like to see him get at least half the 1st-team snaps just to learn more about him. Maybe once training camp comes around next month he’ll get more run with the 1’s. We’ve seen mostly White and Baun but also a little White and Dean and even some Baun and Dean. But mostly White and Baum. Maybe Dean just needs to do better picking up a fourth defensive scheme in three years. Maybe he’s still working through some things with his foot, although he’s healthy enough to get full reps with the 2’s. Maybe the coaches want him to understand nothing is going to be handed to him. Heck, maybe Baun is just better. He looked fine in the five practices open to the media, although obviously with no pads. I just want to see Nakobe get a fair chance. If he’s not good enough, he’s not good enough. 

14 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Been trying to figure out this Reuben Frank quote about Nakobe Dean. Maybe the last sentence is all he needs to tell himself when he asks why he isn't seeing Dean run with the 1st team? If he isn't good enough, why should he get half the 1st team snaps in practice? How is that "fair"? I'm glad they aren't just letting him run with the 1st team. He's done nothing to earn the position. 

I am saying I’d like to see him get at least half the 1st-team snaps just to learn more about him. Maybe once training camp comes around next month he’ll get more run with the 1’s. We’ve seen mostly White and Baun but also a little White and Dean and even some Baun and Dean. But mostly White and Baum. Maybe Dean just needs to do better picking up a fourth defensive scheme in three years. Maybe he’s still working through some things with his foot, although he’s healthy enough to get full reps with the 2’s. Maybe the coaches want him to understand nothing is going to be handed to him. Heck, maybe Baun is just better. He looked fine in the five practices open to the media, although obviously with no pads. I just want to see Nakobe get a fair chance. If he’s not good enough, he’s not good enough. 

Dean should earn his PT, no question. No issue with him taking 2nd team rep in OTA’s. Hopefully it’s a wake up call to him. That said, I’m not buying the Baun hype given his career path so far. 

53 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Dean's issue has been availability, so he has not history that demands he is the 1st team LB.  It's harsh, but that is the NFL. What have you done for me lately?