EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Youre right. Its gonna be ghey. I dont think Messi is playing. Argentina has a friendly on the 14th. He is not likely to be in Philly on the 15th.... son of a B...

See!! Lol. I don't think I could deal with all those stupid rules and nonsense 

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

If 350 is the best shape of his life then sheesh 

He needs wegovy - or maybe he’s already taking it but referring to it as "hiking.”

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

anyone ever been to a Philadelphia Union game?

I just got tickets to take the kids to see Messi on Saturday when Miami comes to town. 

Unaware of the stadium layout and weird rules apparently we will be in the "supporter section" where fans may stand and cheer for the whole 90 minutes, essentially a standing room only "seat" and opposing team colors are prohibited. So the kids can not wear their messi shirts.

Anyone have experience sitting in this area? How rowdy is it, and will the really enforce the no opposing colors rule?

If it's anything like the Sounders supporters section, it can be a fun area to sit in. I never saw anyone with opposing colors though so I guess they do enforce it there. As for rowdy, this is MLS soccer. Think of a 4th preseason eagles game, and then make it a million times more tame. We did stand most of the game but with chants and whatnot you're moving a lot so doesn't feel that bad.

Hopefully whoever leads that section (fan that leads the chants and whatnot) isn't an idiot, the guy who led the sounders section the games we went was awful

14 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Not a lot of transformational 2 down run stoppers out there.

Not many but there are/were a few. Dexter Lawrence, Vita Vea, Vince Wilfork, Ted Washington.

14 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He’s not out there to run a marathon. He’s battling with guys close to his own size. With Becton at RG we have four on the OL.

• Like 4

Jerry West died at 86.  He was the likeness for the NBA logo.

th?id=OIP.g6EGq63ujnxFIc1SsYwxigHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

RIP

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

20 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This really doesn't matter at all, but it's the dead period so not much to talk about.

Zech McPhearson not practicing at all after tearing an Achilles in August is kind of odd. It feels like Sydney Brown has done more despite tearing an ACL in January. Even if he was healthy, Zech probably had an uphill battle to make the team. 

I thought he did individual drills but not 7 on 7s.  It makes me think that he's probably healed but is not functionally the same. He maybe wanted to avoid a bad showing in 7 on 7s with the hope he regains some more mobility and speed by training camp.  It's not good.  

16 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Maybe his favorite shape is round. 

3 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I thought he did individual drills but not 7 on 7s.  It makes me think that he's probably healed but is not functionally the same. He maybe wanted to avoid a bad showing in 7 on 7s with the hope he regains some more mobility and speed by training camp.  It's not good.  

Maybe his favorite shape is round. 

From what I've heard from the beat writers he was in the weight room and would pop his head out from time to time during practice but wasn't practicing, and only seen sporadically. I think Zangaro/Frank hypothesized he must have had a setback. 

• Like 1

I saw a portion of the WIP show this morning where they're trying to make a big thing out of the answer/non-answer Hurts gave to a question about Nick being open minded to a new offense.  They're claiming it was disrespectful to Nick and Howie/Lurie's decision to keep him as head coach.  I watched it (near the end of this interview clip) and I don't see anything there.  It looked to me like Hurts didn't understand what the interviewer expected as an answer to the question.

The other thing I picked up on is Hurts still gives very non-specific, sometimes non-sequitur responses when asked to provide a specific example on something.  In a broader sense it leaves me with the impression it's sort of pointless to interview him with the expectation of getting new information.  That may, in fact, be his intention:

• Like 4

17 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Youre right. Its gonna be ghey. I dont think Messi is playing. Argentina has a friendly on the 14th. He is not likely to be in Philly on the 15th.... son of a B...

YARN | That's a shame. | Seinfeld (1989) - S06E01 The Chaperone | Video  gifs by quotes | f2c644fd | 紗

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I was invited to a game one time but, I told my friend it was the ghey and didn't go. 

Sounds like it would be right up your alley Greg Lugayness!   

• Haha 2

Panel of former players noting that changing offenses always causes slow starts in the beginning of the season. Mostly the plays and techniques are similar, but the change in terminology and signals at the line causes confusion even for veterans.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I saw a portion of the WIP show this morning where they're trying to make a big thing out of the answer/non-answer Hurts gave to a question about Nick being open minded to a new offense.  They're claiming it was disrespectful to Nick and Howie/Lurie's decision to keep him as head coach.  I watched it (near the end of this interview clip) and I don't see anything there.  It looked to me like Hurts didn't understand what the interviewer expected as an answer to the question.

The other thing I picked up on is Hurts still gives very non-specific, sometimes non-sequitur responses when asked to provide a specific example on something.  In a broader sense it leaves me with the impression it's sort of pointless to interview him with the expectation of getting new information.  That may, in fact, be his intention:

Jalen definitely hates Sirianni.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Listening to Hurts answer questions in an interview is honestly painful.  I don't mind this strategy, but if your expectations are to take anything away from his cliche/cookie cutter answers from the school of Nick Saban, you'll get nothing.  Sirianni is even worse.  He doesn't even answer questions.  He just goes word salad, talks about something completely differemt, then circles back to how great of a coach his brother was at every stage of his life.  

• Haha 5

Jesse Palmer was on PHLY and he said the Justin Simmons situation isn't changing any time soon. Said everyone knows the landscape and he's waiting for the right situation, so it will drag out a while. He didn't say the Eagles were interested he was just asked about Simmons.

He said the types of guys Vic Fangio loves are versatile players so he's really interested to see how they use DeJean. He said he knows Fangio well and the idea that he's this stubborn rigid coach is wrong. He said he will coach guys to their strengths. But you have to prove to him you're capable of doing certain things first. And if/when you do, he will use you that way.

I am excited to see how all the DBs shake out this year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Had a nice run as the Lakers GM after he retired.  He was responsible for bringing Kobe to the Lakers.

https://www.marca.com/en/basketball/nba/los-angeles-lakers/2024/06/12/6669c9f9e2704e4b0a8b45f3.html

Jerry West: the Showtime genius who 'stole' Kobe Bryant for the Lakers

As general manager, he signed some of the greatest players in history

• Like 1

Barring some major injury to Blankenship or CJ, Simmons is off the table. 

Even then, they might just decide to roll with DeJean if he shows enough. 

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Jesse Palmer was on PHLY and he said the Justin Simmons situation isn't changing any time soon. Said everyone knows the landscape and he's waiting for the right situation, so it will drag out a while. He didn't say the Eagles were interested he was just asked about Simmons.

He said the types of guys Vic Fangio loves are versatile players so he's really interested to see how they use DeJean. He said he knows Fangio well and the idea that he's this stubborn rigid coach is wrong. He said he will coach guys to their strengths. But you have to prove to him you're capable of doing certain things first. And if/when you do, he will use you that way.

I am excited to see how all the DBs shake out this year.

Hopefully the double dip in the draft works

31 minutes ago, hukdonfoniks said:

Barring some major injury to Blankenship or CJ, Simmons is off the table. 

Even then, they might just decide to roll with DeJean if he shows enough. 

Agreed. They also have Sydney Brown who I would imagine they want to work him back into the Defense when healthy. I just don't see the pay or playing time being favorable for Simmons at the moment, even though he's better than everyone else in a vacuum. 

• Like 2

X or Twitter made "likes" private. There goes all the fun had with baseless speculation because player X liked a tweet from a different teams player. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

X or Twitter made "likes" private. There goes all the fun had with baseless speculation because player X liked a tweet from a different teams player. 

I heard that was going to happen but didn't think about the NFL drama of players liking posts about certain things

Curious if you can view it with a browser extension like you can with YouTube dislikes

6 hours ago, just relax said:

Not many but there are/were a few. Dexter Lawrence, Vita Vea, Vince Wilfork, Ted Washington.

He’s not out there to run a marathon. He’s battling with guys close to his own size. With Becton at RG we have four on the OL.

He's not a one gap "3" trying to beat the guard off the snap, he's either going to 1 1/2 gap or 2 gap, and will spend most of the game fighting through double teams.

Basic physics, mass and leverage needed to anchor against 650 lbs pushing against you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, just relax said:

I understand that. Point being what was his weight last year if 350 is a dramatic improvement. 

19 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I understand that. Point being what was his weight last year if 350 is a dramatic improvement. 

I thought I heard something that said it was about the same weight, but the weight was re-distributed…

I know that’s a real thing from personal experience.  Don’t all men? lol