EMB Blog: 2024 Camps and Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

19 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I understand that. Point being what was his weight last year if 350 is a dramatic improvement. 

Improve to what, pray tell? 
what should your ideal NT weigh at his heigjt?

The issue is fitness, not weight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, just relax said:

Right…I know I’ve been 215, and I’ve been 215….in completely different states of conditioning 

• Like 1

Yea, that must be it 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, just relax said:

He was reportedly constantly fined for being overweight last year. It’s both. 

You’re also taking this way too seriously. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McMVP said:

I thought I heard something that said it was about the same weight, but the weight was re-distributed…

I know that’s a real thing from personal experience.  Don’t all men? lol

All I heard was he shed fat because he stopped drinking Arizona iced tea everyday. 

Im sure it’s not as simple as that though. I don’t even know why the #1 overused offseason statement is even getting this much conversation. 

It’s basically the same thing we heard last year re-worded 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea, that must be it 

Epps couldn’t cover and couldn’t tackle worth a crap.  Other than that, I had no complaints 

3 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

Passive aggressive journalism FTW

Jets fans were cheated last season; they didn’t get to watch Rodgers come up small in the clutch then throw his head coach under the bus 

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He was reportedly constantly fined for being overweight last year. It’s both. 

You’re also taking this way too seriously. 

There’s a whole lot of sloppy narrative that gets turned into received knowledge.. Davis’s weight has taken on that life. It’s all based on ignorance. Do I know better? No, but neither does anyone else in here. 
I was around last year too and I challenge "constantly.” And "reportedly constantly” doubly so.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

All I heard was he shed fat because he stopped drinking Arizona iced tea everyday. 

Im sure it’s not as simple as that though. I don’t even know why the #1 overused offseason statement is even getting this much conversation. 

I don't understand how people treat Jordan Davis like some bust.  He showed a lot of flashes last year with impact plays and put forth what I considered a big improvement on his rookie year.  I think that only continues heading into his 3rd year.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think Davis himself mentioned that his weight total being about the same (but different) in his first presser.

But I understand the skepticism. I also remember him being talked up as being "in much better shape” last training camp.  I guess we will see….

I do not consider him a bust.  But neither do I want his career to be ultimately described as "not a bust”.  We all want him to reach his ceiling 

Remember when LenDale White lost 30 pounds by not drinking tequila in the off-season? Fing legend. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, McMVP said:

I think Davis himself mentioned that his weight total being about the same (but different) in his first presser.

But I understand the skepticism. I also remember him being talked up as being "in much better shape” last training camp.  I guess we will see….

I do not consider him a bust.  But neither do I want his career to be ultimately described as "not a bust”.  We all want him to reach his ceiling 

His career highlight is chasing Josh Allen out of bounds for a 4 yard gain.  Time hasn't run out, but it's OK to just call him bad so far.  Hell, even Mcdougle sent Eli into another dimension at this point in his career.

22 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Remember when LenDale White lost 30 pounds by not drinking tequila in the off-season? Fing legend. 

I wish it were this simple

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

24 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Oh ok 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RLC said:

I wish it were this simple

It is that simple if you drink a bonkers amount of tequila 

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

His career highlight is chasing Josh Allen out of bounds for a 4 yard gain.  Time hasn't run out, but it's OK to just call him bad so far.  Hell, even Mcdougle sent Eli into another dimension at this point in his career.

That particular play showed good effort and hustle, but wasn't a "highlight." But I appreciate the exaggeration effort you put forth in claiming he didn't make any other plays. But here's a few good plays from just week 1 last year:

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

That particular play showed good effort and hustle, but wasn't a "highlight." But I appreciate the exaggeration effort you put forth in claiming he didn't make any other plays. But here's a few good plays from just week 1 last year:

Did you really make a Tristin McCollum highlight tape lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

That foot speed at that size is wow

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

🤣 

Yay he made 4 plays in week 1. Definitely not a bust…. 

I’m not ready to call him a bust but has he really shown he’s that much more impactful than Linval Joseph or Bennie Logan? 

My question isn’t his ability, more so the decision to use a first round pick on a guy to eat up blocks on run downs. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Oh ok 

Wow.  My life will never be the same after seeing that.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Texas Eagle said:

Did you really make a Tristin McCollum highlight tape lol

Does it bother you that I use video for discussions instead of just blind ignorance like most around here?

8 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

That foot speed at that size is wow

That's why I posted the clip. Sure, he worked on conditioning last year too, but what's the difference this year? I think everybody is seeing it in the drills. 

3 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

🤣

Yay he made 4 plays in week 1. Definitely not a bust…. 

I’m not ready to call him a bust but has he really shown he’s that much more impactful than Linval Joseph or Bennie Logan? 

My question isn’t his ability, more so the decision to use a first round pick on a guy to eat up blocks on run downs. 

It was just a quick thing put together. I'm not going to sort through a full season of game film and all-22 film to show you all the plays you never noticed before just for the sake of an EMB argument. All I needed was a few plays to point out the exaggeration I exposed. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I suspect the chaos of that season's progression to crap meant Davis went back to some bad food/drink habits from days of yore.  A new DL coach with a more persistently aggressive mindset could help, as could Davis being in a position to set the tone as a leader.  He absolutely needs to keep his weight and conditioning in check, and I think this coaching staff being a lot more experienced, won't allow things to slide.

12 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Jets fans were cheated last season; they didn’t get to watch Rodgers come up small in the clutch then throw his head coach under the bus 

They were.  I just like Mike Florio getting passive aggressive about "sources" or misrepresenting stuff and local journos calling him out on it. Florio is overly sensitive to corrections....